> Re-building Iraq, Guardian article of today
scottish2 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Welcome to our motley bunch Maisky! smile.gif

And I could not agree more it was about oil and nothing more. They now have Saddam and how much ya want to bet we'll be there forever now. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Dec 14 2003, 05:23 PM)
Welcome to our motley bunch Maisky! smile.gif

And I could not agree more it was about oil and nothing more. They now have Saddam and how much ya want to bet we'll be there forever now. sad.gif

A dry Vietnam. How nice. Am I radical enough for you, sir? wink.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

OK, I have sat here long enough listening to all this Bush Bashing, now I am going to put my pennies into this pot of soup.

Personally I think that President Bush has done a better job in Office than another President we have had in a long while. No he may not be Perfect, but name one who is, Saddam?

I applaud him for sticking to his guns. I am personally tired of all these people telling me how I am to live, how to believe and how I am to allow everyone else's rights while they are stepping all over mine.

No, I am not a War Monger. and speaking from a Native American Point of View. I do not like how another country moves into another making themselves master of it. However I am here and they are there. I am staying here and they should stay over there. If I see two people fighting over something, I will not step into it unless it involves innocent people and to me that crosses line.

The next thing we will hear is that we are provoking North Korea into a War Because they have some little thing they call a Nuclear Bomb that they will be able to sell to the highest buyer. Come on give me a break.

You want World Peace, so do I. But sometime you have to pay a pretty penny in order to have something nice. Like what they say, "you get what you pay for."

Freedom

Now that I have said my peace, I feel better. Thank You
(and No, "peace" is not a misspelling)

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
maisky 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Dec 14 2003, 05:43 PM)
OK, I have sat here long enough listening to all this Bush Bashing, now I am going to put my pennies into this pot of soup.

Personally I think that President Bush has done a better job in Office than another President we have had in a long while. No he may not be Perfect, but name one who is, Saddam?

I applaud him for sticking to his guns. I am personally tired of all these people telling me how I am to live, how to believe and how I am to allow everyone else's rights while they are stepping all over mine.

No, I am not a War Monger. and speaking from a Native American Point of View. I do not like how another country moves into another making themselves master of it. However I am here and they are there. I am staying here and they should stay over there. If I see two people fighting over something, I will not step into it unless it involves innocent people and to me that crosses line.

The next thing we will hear is that we are provoking North Korea into a War Because they have some little thing they call a Nuclear Bomb that they will be able to sell to the highest buyer. Come on give me a break.

You want World Peace, so do I. But sometime you have to pay a pretty penny in order to have something nice. Like what they say, "you get what you pay for."

Freedom

Now that I have said my peace, I feel better. Thank You
(and No, "peace" is not a misspelling)

Yea! Richard! While I disagree with your position, I will fight for your right to hold it!

As for Bush bashing, I have only begun. biggrin.gif I am sure we will have many good discussions.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Besides, it has long been one of the things that those of Irish descent most enjoy: disagreeing. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I want to make sure this is clear

LET THE KING GEORGE BASHING BEGIN!!! biggrin.gif king.gif bangin.gif bash.gif
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

In case my position wasn't clear I am all for getting King George out of office. IMPEACH BUSH NOW! why wait a year.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (maisky @ Dec 14 2003, 05:52 PM)
Besides, it has long been one of the things that those of Irish descent most enjoy: disagreeing. biggrin.gif

thumbs_up.gif

Maisky,

You couldn't have said it any better. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
maisky 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Dec 14 2003, 05:58 PM)
thumbsup.gif

Maisky,

You couldn't have said it any better. biggrin.gif

Just remember about the thumbs up sign: In Brazil it means "up yours". laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Scottish2,

Even though I am all for you having your own opinion. How can you honestly say that you have an opinion on this if you do not take the time to vote for your own choices.

If you don't want Bush in there, then Vote for someone else, you do have that right.

I know you say that you are not a Republican or a Democrat. I honestly don't remember what you said you was for. So what if your Party is not a popular one and that the person that you do want in looses. Unless you are heard, you will not be seen. And once you are seen then others may start listening.
PMEmail Poster                
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

In my eyes the current government destroyed America's reputation even more. It could not be worse and I think it will take a long while to clear this mess up. I am for Freedom, Richard, freedom of speech, freedom of thought and freedom for the people to decide what they want.

Fair enough, I leave you to what you think, having an oppinion is far better than just swimming with the stream. However, someone to disagree with is far more fun as if anybody agrees with everybody.

On the matter Iraq, I was against that war, in my eyes there MUST be another way (good snipers, infiltration etc). They always try and make us believe all the chewed up stuff from the cold war.. Can people not once in their lives learn? I mean it's just exactly the same. I grew up in 80's and 90's Germany, right in the middle. You think you don't know what's going on when the US wants to station Nuclear weapons in Germany? I mean without the hard protest of the Germans it would have ended like that. And Russia probably would have felt confronted by it. Even though I wasn't in my teens by then, I noticed what was going on.

I simply DO NOT want history to repeat itself time and time again, I had enough of one country playing the world police without ever anything changing. And the current development in the USA reminds me so much of things that have been going on in the other half of my country. I refered to it already in another threat but I will explain further in case anyone doesn't know what the StaSi was.

The StaatsSicherheits Behörde in the ex DDR was responsible for holding off protests and people against the regime. They had thick files about you if you only protested once in your life. They would listen to your telephone, and with protesting against the system you would ruin your own and your family's future. You got "pluspoints" and positive statements by the Stasi for denouncing your neighbours.

Good the recent development is not as bad as that yet but I see the first steps developoing. Maybe I'm paranoid but within the recent years I saw that it might be better being paranoid than too naive.

One thing I would like to know is why the US Government does not recognise the International Court of Justice. Are they afraid they could be tried one day? In my eyes they deserve it since with some of the recently introduced laws they definitly cut down the freedom of their own people.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I apologise, my views might be a bit extreme, but I stand to them.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I did vote in the last circus and chose not to waste my vote ever again. That last election was a joke and a mockery to everything this country stands for. That was no election it was selection by the supreme court who should have never been involved. If Bush feared a recount so baddly then question is did he REALLY win? I've heard people state he didn't need Florida to win the election well if that was the case why did he fight for it so baddly. And how much involvement do you think brother Jeb had in that just amazingly the state that turned into the circus was the state his brother was governor of.

And I think my party of choice should be quite clear with all the siding I do with our libertarian leaning members thumbs_up.gif

Problem is no third party member has a chance right now because of all the problems with the election process in this country it needs a major overhaul so elections are fear to all peole not just the rich people. If you ran for President side by side with Bush (Putting the last few years out of mind right now) but between you and Bush who do you think would win an election you with your bank account or Bush with his? (this is assuming you aren't filthy rich if you are I appoligize but...) The little guy has no chance of winng cause he can't afford it where as the rich always win.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

No appoligise neccessary Aon! smile.gif thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Dec 14 2003, 06:58 PM)
Problem is no third party member has a chance right now because of all the problems with the election process in this country it needs a major overhaul so elections are fear to all peole not just the rich people. If you ran for President side by side with Bush (Putting the last few years out of mind right now) but between you and Bush who do you think would win an election you with your bank account or Bush with his? (this is assuming you aren't filthy rich if you are I appoligize but...) The little guy has no chance of winng cause he can't afford it where as the rich always win.

No, biggrin.gif I am not rich. The only thing rich about me is my name. Probably lower middle class.

But being rich has nothing to do with being elected. Look at Ross Perro (sp?) and Yes I did Vote for him, and it had nothing to do with being rich. I wanted a change.

I am glad to hear that you did Vote the fiasco year. I guess then I will not feel so badly about you voiceing your opinion of our President. In my eyes then you have every right to. So don't let that one year stop you from Voting.

As far as your Party goes, that is your choice. I again say that I have no particular party. I only Vote for the person that I feel is the best person for the job of the choices that I have. And if only two people are running and I have to choose between A or B, then I will choose, in my opinion, who is the best between them.

Yes Aon, our country may have some bruises in its reputation, however, I would rather live here where I do have some say, even if it may be a little. You also don't have to apologise for you having an opinion. Everyone has opinions, Whether I am right or not, I really don't care. All I am trying to do is to protect my self interest. Besides, a good rawl now and then is good for the blood flow. biggrin.gif

I like to live in my own little Mayberry, and I want to stay here too. But knowing what I know now. I still think we should have taken out Saddam a long time ago. I would have been all for a lone gunman to take Saddam out. But wouldn't that give us a bigger blackeye?
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]