The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Bear with me a second while I search a link:

http://www.statewatch.org/news/2003/feb/11usdata.htm

I think this stands alone for itself *grrr*
I like the privacy statements of the EU as they are... and I wouldn't want my details stored for 7 yrs on some computer... I don't like the idea of the glass-human....

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

Oh, forgot, on the news they also added that informations such as mealchoice (!!!!) and credit card info's get stored...

so, everyone who doesn't take the porc-menu on a flight it a terrorist???? *arrrgh*
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I'd like to know when Americans are going to wake the you know what up. This is what I mean by the fact that our government abuses it's very limited powers. They have no right to force anyone to give them private data. It's a little thing called the 4rth amendment and the government (US) more and more has been trashing our constitution and it's time we the people force them to stop. Ben Franklyn said it best. "They that give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither" because if you give up even a little bit of your liberties you are saying you do not care enough to want to keep it and the government will be more then glad to keep taking more of it from you while telling you oh but you're so safe. If we were a safe country out troops would not be all over the world they would be here protecting our shores.
PMEmail Poster               
andylucy 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Nov 26 2003, 03:40 PM)
our government abuses it's very limited powers.

Our Demopublican and Republicrat "leaders" have forgotten that the Constitution was written as a limit on what the government could do, not what the people could do. This is a sad state of affairs.

Sadder still is the fact that we haven't reminded them of this little oversight. sad.gif

The US government has absolutely no constitutional authority to demand that I tell them a single thing, other than how many persons are resident at my address during the census (which is enumerated in the Constitution). If I want to fly to Addis Ababa that is my business. If I want to import Moslem prayer rugs, that is my business. If I want to pay cash for my airline ticket, that is my business (this is a red flag for security). It is my business, and NONE of Unca Sam's business.

Our "leaders" are not going to be satisfied until the old maxim is true: "that which is not illegal is mandatory." And the easiest way to implement this is to catalog as much data about each person as possible.

And lest anyone should believe that this data will only be kept for 7 years... well, I've got some lovely swampland for sale. wink.gif

Just my tuppence.

And

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

How about airport checks? The agents searching your bags are federal employees and they present you with no warrant to search or even scan your bags. Now they want you to leave your bags unlocked so they can just go through your bags without even your presense or permission. censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

well... In Germany they apologise for the inconvenience wink.gif

No but I just don't get it... and Dave, I do have a foul mouth IRL sometimes.. when I watched the news this morning I did get really really bad..
I happen to like Beef better than pork.. and?
There may be ppl that don't like pork at all... and??

I just feel so .. so... ARRRRGH .. that's how I feel. And I want to hit someone with a big iron hammer.. right on the head.

mmh.. btw: I do hope the EU clamps down on that.. I just fear they are going to be a bunch of p****'s again.. just like the UN atm.. *sighs* Where is the world going????
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]