Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Jesus said,
"It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. St. Matthew 4:4
"I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst." St. John 6:35
"I am the way, the truth, and the life." St. John 14:6

I believe there is life in the scriptures. As we read, meditate, and believe by faith the truth in God's Holy Word we can find strength, comfort, and a light to our path. The Psalmist says, "Lord thy word is lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." St. John the beloved wrote, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him, and without him (Jesus) was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not...And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." St. John 1

My intention is to post a daily scripture from the Word of God, so that everyone at Kirk and Chapel can read a scripture from God's Word and be strengthen and grow in the knowledge of the Lord. Peace!

Be God's and be blessed,
Roisin angel_not.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 25-Mar-2004, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Oh Lord My God, cover me with the shadow of your wings.
Let Your faithfulness be my shield and rampart.
I will not fear the dread of night, nor the trouble that comes by day.
I will make the Most High my habitation.
Psalm 91
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 26-Mar-2004, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this allsurpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:7-11 (NASB).
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 27-Mar-2004, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NASB).
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 28-Mar-2004, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Verily, verily, I say to you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. St. John 3:3,5-6 (NKJV)
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 31-Mar-2004, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

(Sorry guys, I've dropped the ball here. Here is today's scripture from Psalm 40 one of my favorites)

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God; many will see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord" Psalm 40: 1-3 (KJV).

PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

"Thy word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against Thee." Psalm 119:11
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 02-Apr-2004, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

"For he delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in who we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities---all things have been created by Him and for Him" Colossians 1:13-16 (NASB).
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 03-Apr-2004, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

"But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you,"said Jesus. Luke 6:27-289 (NASB).

Have a Blessed Day! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 03-Apr-2004, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

I am grateful to have found this! Thank you!

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 04-Apr-2004, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Your very welcome JaneyMae! I just hope it strengthens us and causes us to grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Sometimes we are so busy it's hard to sit down and read the Word. But if we can glean just a small truth from the Bible and apply it to ours lives then we will grow. We need to renew our minds daily. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 04-Apr-2004, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

"As the hart (deer) pants after the water brooks, so my soul longs after you, O God" Psalm 42:1 (KJV).
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 06-Apr-2004, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

In honour of Holy Week I will post Psalm 22: 1-18. This particular Psalm is prophetic in that it is foretelling of Christ's torture, crucifixion, and death almost two thousand years before His birth.

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but you did not hear me; and in the night season, and am not silent. But you are holy, O Lord that inhabits the praises of Israel...But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh and scorn me: they mock me with their mouths, they shake their heads, saying He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing that he delighted in him. But you are the one who took me out of the womb: you did give me hope upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon you from the womb: you are my God from my mother's belly.

Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have surrounded me. They gape at me with their mouths, as a ravening and roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted deep within my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaves to my jaws; and you have brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed around me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones: they look and stare at me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots for my coat."
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 07-Apr-2004, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Here is another scripture in honour of Holy Week. Isaiah 53:5. Go and read the whole chapter of Isaiah 53 for yourself and see how it speaks of Christ's suffering and crucifixion. This prophecy will blow you away because it gives so much detail of what Christ exactly went through. I think Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 are so powerful and give overwhelming evidence of Jesus Christ's torture, death, and ressurection.

"But he was wonded for our transgressions, he was burised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 08-Apr-2004, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Matthew 26:26-28 KJV).
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]