Maxie 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: UK

female

My mother's great aunt was a medium and when she was a little girl she used to stay with her in a large victorian terraced house in south wales uk. One day when she was sitting at the piano in the parlour she saw a figure of a lady in a bonnet and a long blue dress standing at the foot of the stairs. Although she was just a little girl, my mom wasn't scared but later on at bedtime she told her aunt about the lady. 'Oh yes, she replied, that's Gwen, she won't hurt you, she lives here and has done for a long time.' My mother (who passed away in 1985 from cancer) was a very down to earth person but she was very intuitive and could sense other people's feelings very easily. I seem to have inherited this from her. She always used to say to me 'It's the living you need to fear the dead won't harm you'.

Another time much later when she was looking to buy her first house, my father wanted to buy a place in quite a smart residential area which was a little run down but was up for sale at a knock down price. It was a good bargain but as soon as she entered the threshold she refused to have anything to do with it. My father was very angry at her 'silly' behaviour and they had a huge argument over it. All my mom would say was it had a bad atmosphere and that something bad was going to happen there. About ten years later the brutal murder of a district nurse
rocked the local community. It happened in the same house my mom refused to buy. The murder scene was so horrific that the house stood unsold for many years until it was finally demolished because no-one would go near it.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Interesting stories Maxie. Do you have any more?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 06-Sep-2006, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Maxie,
Thank you! I'd love to hear more, too. Your Great, Great Aunt's house sounds incredible, with or without ghosts. Your Mom must've loved visiting her! How do you feel about the abilities you've inherited from her? Are you able to block them if you need to?

I'm glad your Mom stood her ground about that other house! I'm sure your Dad was too, eventually. Sometimes Gifts like yours are truly blessings!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Maxie 
Posted: 07-Sep-2006, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: UK

female

Glad you liked the stories. This is not a story really probably just a child's vivid imagination, but when I was in my early childhood I used to have a recurring dream about a place I liked very much. It was cold but sunny and there was a lot of snowy mountains and forests. I used to tell my mother that when I grew up I wanted to go to Iceland! And for years I truly believed this was the place in my dream. In 1993 I toured the west coast of Canada and the rockies with my husband on an anniversary trip. We both fell in love with the place and I couldn't help noticing how much it looked like the place in my childhood dream. I love places with a strong sense of spirituality and tradition hence Scotland Canada and everywhere Celtic! I also love indigenous peoples for the same reason. So the songs I help write as part of Serundal are based on the poetry I have written over the years about the kind of things that interest me. On our album Visions on www.serundal.com there is a track called My Inuit and I am thrilled that it is now a popular download at Apple itunes Canada. To me it is an honour that the Canadian people like the song. I think I am an empathic and intuitive person but don't profess to be psychic. I believe we all have psychic abilities but they are more developed in some people than others and that the materialistic world of the 21st century has reduced these abilities. Like all mothers I know when anyone in my family is unhappy. Sometimes I wish I didn't pick up on it because I am too much of a worrier!
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Maxie,
Love the stories! Doyou sense other's feelings often? I would love to be able to walk into a house and actually "feel" something.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                View My Space Profile.
Montie, druid at heart 
Posted: 29-Oct-2006, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

Good stories Maxie. Growing up we moved to a house where my dad wanted to dig out the basement to make another room. The area looked as if it had been filled maybe because it had walls on all sides. When we started, my mom, who did seem to be able to sense things, told us to stop after we had dug maybe a couple of cubic yards. She was very disturbed about it so we did stop digging. We moved away and I don't know if there was anything to it. Mom said it was just a feeling.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]