free2Bme 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Although Al Gore is not running for president again, he made a very valuable speech. I enjoyed reading the CNN website this morning and I thought I would share it with the forum. I am glad I am not the only one who sees that our "Emporer has no clothes!"

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/09/...bush/index.html

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

I HATE IT when this happens. I have little affection for Al Gore. To be polite, his "vision" of America is far removed from my own.

However, in this particular issue, whoever wrote the speech for him hit the nail solidly on the head.

The so-called "Patriot Act" was, in my own opinion, the most dangerous piece of legislative pooh.gif to ever come out of the U.S. Congress.

Hey Janet, it's good to see you posting again.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well from what I have heard on the "Un-Patriot Act" is that it got rushed through so fast in the wake of 911 that it was not properly scrutinized and rejected for not having controls to protect our rights. I know some of the board doesn't like the ACLU but I for one support their efforts to stand in defense of our rights. Here is a page they have that covers issues with the Patriot Act

http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFreeMain.cfm

Below is one of my favorite quotes while from a movie (The Amercian President) I find it to be accurate in my own view

user posted image

For the record, yes, I am a card carrying member of the ACLU, but the more important question is "Why aren't you, (Put your name here (Original text had Bob))?" Now this is an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights, so it naturally begs the question, why would a senator, his party's most powerful spokesman and a candidate for President, choose to reject upholding the constitution? Now if you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter that I am, because I didn't understand it until a few hours ago.

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of it's citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]