free2Bme 
Posted: 05-Jul-2002, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

I am told that roundtrip airfare from Scotland to the USA is going to be less than $300 in January! Perhaps we should be helping some of our overseas friends make the trip here to visit us?

I was wondering what a gathering of all of the Highlander Radio Forum members would actually look like, if we could all get together somehow and meet one another face to face? I hear there are other groups who have had big "reunions" of sorts like this - I think it would be awesome!

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 05-Jul-2002, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

OOOWEE! That sounds like fun.  It would be nice to meet everyone face to face.  Maybe one day, in the not so distant future.  

I'm glad your back with us, free2Bme

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
free2Bme 
Posted: 05-Jul-2002, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

I am sooooooo happy to be back Maggie! We could have a very huge Highlander Radio Forum Party - the largest Ceiligh (sp?) ever!  We could book a hotel during its "off season" perhaps, complete with a banquet hall for the party! Serve up lots and lots of Scottish foods, drinks, music, with tons of fun for everyone! Paul could provide the music, and maybe everyone could have a Highlander Radio T-shirt, Ball cap, or Mug to commemorate the event! We have members all around the world - wouldnt it be great to meet them all!!!
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 06-Jul-2002, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Only from Scotland?? :(  
I plan to visit my auntie and cousins in Canada soon. Perhaps I'll make a roundtrip thru USA, too.
But first I need money.... as everyone does. And I'll never get enough when I only spend it on flights to Scotland... ;)

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 06-Jul-2002, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Aon, perhaps you should look at flights through Orbitz, etc. and see if you can find any low fares from Germany! We would all love to meet you and give you a big, heart felt, and well deserved hug! You have been through it all this year, haven't you?

I am presently living in Florida - which is completely opposite shores of USA from Canada. I understand that many of our membership live along the eastern United States. For a successful internet party we will want to pick someplace that is Centrally Located - Perhaps North Carolina or Virginia?

Use my email here on this board if you think this is a good idea or not - it is only an idea, but the more I sit here and think about it, the better the idea sounds! Paul could broadcast announcements about it on the radio station!

I will try to make it to the chat tonight - but my sister wants to go out for dinner this evening and I am trying to catch up on lost time with my family.   Know that i'll be with you in spirit...
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 06-Jul-2002, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I'd love to get to know you all in real life and I'll try to search a chep flight but still there is that money problem. I just can't find a job ::confused
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]