> Canadian Politics, Election
Camac
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Well my fellow Canadians it looks like Stevie boy is going to call an election on the 9th of Sept. That means 35 days from then on the 14 Oct. we will be at the Polls. To tell the truth I thinks it's a waste of time and money because there isn't one of them worth voting for but personally I don't think we can take another 4 years of Steve and his cronies.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Though I am not into the politic cauldron at all there are a few things that I sometime listen.
I completely agree to the fact that it is a waste of time and money.But again this is all in their strategy.
For one thing I won't be here to vote smile.gif and again they will bore people to death on television about predicting this and that...for what...the same ole crap...
One that doesn't stick to me at all is Dion...this one has something that I just don't like...I don't know...he just don't inspire me at all...
He doesn't have the stamina and backbone of a leader...in m eyes anyways.
And I certainly don't like Duceppe and his disciples freaking hypocrit face. All this one can do is yap for nothing and offers no solutions for anything.

My two pence
LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

LOA;

Dion's a whimp, Harper's a Republican, and Duceppes solution for everything is seperation. and of course there is Layton the chief protester. Great selection for a Federal Election. I think I'll hibernate this one out.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

You can always ask Bear to hibernate it with you after all...I'm sure he'll oblige ya!

Yes I agree not much of choices in these mongrels, sometimes I think we are becoming like our americans counterparts...no offense but we need new ideas, young ideas not the same old sh_t stories all the times.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 04-Sep-2008, 06:54 PM)
You can always ask Bear to hibernate it with you after all...I'm sure he'll oblige ya!

Yes I agree not much of choices in these mongrels, sometimes I think we are becoming like our americans counterparts...no offense but we need new ideas, young ideas not the same old sh_t stories all the times.

LOA

LOA;

BRING BACK PIERRE! Le king.gif thumbs_up.gif band.gif clap.gif

Bear can find his own cave.

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 07-Sep-2008, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Well it is now official as of 8:00AM this morning we will be at the polls in 35 days to elect a new government. Very likely a new minority government or should I say old minority government. Over the next 34 days we will be subjected to the usual hooplah, promises and rhetoric. I'm a Liberal and will vote Liberal but it is wasted because as long as MR. Dion is head of the party they stand a snowball chance in Hell forming a majority.

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

All I can say is, this thread should be moved to the Politics forum ASAP. They set that section up with a disclaimer for a reason, and I don't think bringing up a political topic elsewhere on the boards would be appreciated. wink.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

oldraven; My mistake but when I enquired of macfive about a Canadian section to discuss all thing Canadaian I was informed that there already was one and it should or could be used,

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I like your limit to the campaign time,

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 10-Sep-2008, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Yeah 35 days is enough of listening to the Politicians, make false promises and lie.
I think the first TV add was aired within minuets of the election being called and already the Conservatives have had to apologize and withdraw one of them for being insulting. We up here don't much like attack adds especially if the get insulting. When Chretien was PM and running for another term the conservatives ran adds making fun of the way he talked and it cost them big when the votes were counted.

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 10-Sep-2008, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Let's start a tally! So far Harper has promised to cut our diesel tax in half. That only adds up to 2c/L, but who's counting?

That's 1! Last time there were so many promises made he had to stumble upon coming through with one or two whilst he was in office. Still, if you make 100 promises and follow through on 4, are you a keeper of promises, or just cast a wide net?
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 10-Sep-2008, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

oldraven;

Lets face it they all promise the keys to the kingdom until they are elected. Personally I'm from Missouri "Show Me". As I have said I'm a life long Liberal and politicians are all the same. Guess it's a case of the devil I know. That 2c/L tax cut will just be pocketed by the oil companies and not passed on. They'll claim they need it for searching for new sources. I have to admit though that there is something about Harper I don't trust, not because he is Conservative, it's something in his eyes. Those three cohorts, Van Loan, and Keeny and the one from the Ottawa riding , I can't remember his name, remind me of Nixon's Watergate boys, do and say anything to get and keep power.

Camac.

PS. Here in Ontario most people are really POed that an election was called. How about the Maritimes?

Patch 
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

When a politicians lips move, they are telling a lie! As to Harper, I felt the same way about Putin but bush looked into his eyes and saw a decent and honorable man that Americans could trust!

We hear nothing of your elections down here. Maybe we are too self absorbed in our problems.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Twice now this week P.M. Harper has had to apologize becaus the young bucks running his campaign have run off at the mouth and insult first the Liberal Leader Dion and just yesterday a Father whose son was killed in Afghanistan. This campaign onthe Conservative side is starting off dirty and they had better rein these young bucks in or they will definately blow it. Which is fine by me.

Camac.

Yeah! Harper reminds of a Bush/Putin type.

Patch 
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 11-Sep-2008, 08:17 PM)
Patch;

Twice now this week P.M. Harper has had to apologize becaus the young bucks running his campaign have run off at the mouth and insult first the Liberal Leader Dion and just yesterday a Father whose son was killed in Afghanistan. This campaign onthe Conservative side is starting off dirty and they had better rein these young bucks in or they will definately blow it. Which is fine by me.

Camac.

Yeah! Harper reminds of a Bush/Putin type.

I certainly wish you better though it is somewhat comforting to know we are not the only one with problems.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]