Annabelle 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Sorry Didn't see we had gone into another page...

I would hate to ask someone else to drop the tablets in the acid for me if I was in such a bad way...think of what you are asking of another human being to do for you...the feelings and guilt that person would be left with...no way!

I have my papers in order and I don't want to linger but I want to stay as long as the Lord wants me here. I want others to miss me and say she was a great gal and can you believe she had "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" , Also the theme to Darth Vader and If you want my body and you think I'm sexy, come on let me know" on the bagpipes of course, played at her funeral? I want there to be lots and lots of laughter. Oh yea, and little pigs in a blanket and Scotch and Makers Mark Bourbon are to be served.

I also don't want to give some one permission to get rid of me cause I'm in their way either...we had a case here in Ga where a wife wanted to get rid of her husband cause she was tired of taking care of him (he had cancer) she helped him poison himselfso she said. She said she did it out of concern for him and watching him die..which I understand the pain of standing around waiting for someone to die that you love with all of your heart. But come to find out she had been seeing 2 other men and felt tired of taking care of someone who was sick.

let's just leave that in the big guys hands. He has our days counted.
When it's time to go, I will.
In all things Scottish,
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
maryellen 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I agree with annabelle. Where does one draw the line? If a young person was dying in pain, would they receive the same treatment as an old person? How much pain too much or too little? What if they could have lived longer than expected, or come out of their disease to live another ten years?
These are the questions that I don't think us as humans can answer and dictate.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I also don't want to give some one permission to get rid of me cause I'm in their way either...we had a case here in Ga where a wife wanted to get rid of her husband cause she was tired of taking care of him (he had cancer) she helped him poison himselfso she said.    She said she did it out of concern for him and watching him die..which I understand the pain of standing around waiting for someone to die that you love with all of your heart. But come to find out she had been seeing 2 other men and felt tired of taking care of someone who was sick.

What happened to this woman's marriage vow---in sickness and health, til death do us part? How fast a person forgets. sad.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

In this disposable world we live in, it's amazing how disposable people can become when it doesn't fit their needs...
In all things Scottish,
Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
maryellen 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

In a world with a 65% divorce rate (I have also heard 50%, but you get the drift), anything is possible. Morality, Values, Oaths mean very little anymore. In a survey at a high school, many boys and girls checked off that there are certain instances where rape would be okay. What kind of world produces such warped morality? Be it Christian, Jewish, Wiccan, Islam - in no major religions is this behavior encouraged. It can only be assumed that it is the result (from my American perspective) of a culture of the current state of TV, baby boomer parents, radio and advertising.
PMEmail Poster               
tartangal 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

I have no doubt that the majority of people who support euthanasia do so from a caring perspective and that their wish is to stop pain and distress. The people who abuse it are in the minority.
However the questions still remain on the various shades of gray and who decides on the appropriateness of assisted suicide.

--------------------
Jules

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Being a person that has experienced being told how short my life was going to be and dealing with sever pain. I could have ended my life and made everything, in my opinion, for my wife a lot easier for her and less costly. But I am a person who loves life. I know there are a lot of things that I can not do anymore (for now). I am not a quitter.

A year and a half has come and go since I was told it was suppose to end. A lot of good things has happened to me since, seeing my first Granddaughter and her first birthday which was a month ago and my first grandniece with her first birthday this past Saturday. Let alone getting to know some new friend from this site.

Euthanasia is not for me. I can not speak for anyone else, I am not in their shoes.

May you walk in balance with Creator.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Annabelle 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Richard Bercot I admire your courage and thirst for life....Keep it up and we will all keep you in our prayers.
In all things Scottish,
Annabelle angel.gif angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Annabelle and everyone else,

Thank you for you prayers. wink.gif

May you walk in balance with Creator.
PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

On euthanasia, I support it only when it is a conscious decision by the person. If there is anything to be "punished" for in their afterlife (which I don't believe there is), I will let them deal wth it.

I am bipolar, and have had to deal with being suicidal and I am still in support of this. The thing is to make sure they are makeing a conscious rational decision, and not one made in haste or in a hysterical state.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I support euthanasia ! We have more compassion for our animals then we do our human loved ones! If a person is terminal and in great pain or the quality of life will not be much more then a vegatable and has made out a living will or expressed their wishes in some other way then let them go, after all it is their life and no one elses. They know what they can endure and can not! I do not support it for an easy way out of a curable disease or the fast track to gaining an inheratance.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
barddas 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ Oct 6 2003, 03:48 PM)
I support euthanasia ! We have more compassion for our animals then we do our human loved ones! If a person is terminal and in great pain or the quality of life will not be much more then a vegatable and has made out a living will or expressed their wishes in some other way then let them go, after all it is their life and no one elses. They know what they can endure and can not! I do not support it for an easy way out of a curable disease or the fast track to gaining an inheratance.

You took the words right out of me mouth. Well, said!

Cheers

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

ditto
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Having been an oncology nurse for 20 years and having seen the agony some people have had to endure, I have to say I am in favor of euthanasia. However, I agree with everyone else...It needs to be a well reasoned out informed decision.
Prehaps with the kind of psychlogical counciling that live organ donors get? Anouther factor is that pain control methods are so much better now than they used to be, which affects quality of life issues. I have never had a patient ask me to actively help them die. I'm not sure how I would deal with it if it happened.

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (3Ravens @ Oct 6 2003, 04:21 PM)
Having been an oncology nurse for 20 years and having seen the agony some people have had to endure, I have to say I am in favor of euthanasia. However, I agree with everyone else...It needs to be a well reasoned out informed decision.
Prehaps with the kind of psychlogical counciling that live organ donors get? Anouther factor is that pain control methods are so much better now than they used to be, which affects quality of life issues. I have never had a patient ask me to actively help them die. I'm not sure how I would deal with it if it happened.

Having experienced what you have over 20 years certainly gives you more insite then most. I hope you never have to deal with a patient that asks you for relief from their suffering, that would be a very hard decission for a person to make! But if it is asked you should be ready to comply if the person is of sound mind or has made previous arrangments. As a nurse it would not be your final dicission, but rather up to the Dr. and family if the person had not made a living will. Your part in the final action would be determined by that and that alone. I feel that life is a personal thing and to help end one at request should be a personal thing also.

May the great Spirit guide you in what ever comes your way!
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]