Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

Donnchadh grins at this
"glad tae be here... wherever I am..."
at least there were a few of his kin here, well maybe, he could be anywhere and they could be anyone but at east it hadn't taken him long to get a drink this time.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 18-Sep-2004, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

Liriel and Drizzt stand off to the side watching the 3 Highlanders. Drizzt shakes his head in wonder at their behavior. He only saw one other act the way these 3 do.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 22-Sep-2004, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

Highlander was glad to see Mac again, but puzzled at his apparent easy acceptance to this stranger, definitely not a Highlander trait, but he would wait and see if this stranger was to be a friend or and undisclosed enemy. But in the mean time...ENOUGH OF THIS TALK, LET'S GET DOWN TO HIGHLANDER BUSINESS, AND D-R-I-N-K !!!!!!!!! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail Poster               
Snoogans 
Posted: 23-Sep-2004, 02:27 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

Donnchadh decides that no matter the drink he would definitely NOT drink these blokes under the table...
no a friendly thing tae dae oan a first date, rememberin last time...
wait till wan ay thum faws ower an then take wan mair drink an leave the other wan staunin... guid plan.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
oldraven 
Posted: 23-Sep-2004, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

((Labban))

Aye. Sounds good to me, Highlander! Who's got the other flasks? Mac? Aaed? Labban rusltes around in his pack for his pipe to find he's been hording all three this whole time. Oops. Forgive my greed. He tosses one to Mac, and another to the Highlander. Since I found you, I guess we'll have to share, Donnchadh. For now you can keep it though. I'll haul on my pipe for a while.

Labban knew he didn't stand a chance of staying up the night drinking with the three highlanders. He wondered which would cave first.

After sparingly packing the bowl, for he was running low, the librarian pulled away. Within minutes the three kilted men were barking out strange curses and laughing like jolly bears. Inspiration found him, and he spoke up. Well, we can't celebrate the finding of new friends and reunion with old without song!

Then let's have it! he heard someone bellar, who'm he guessed was the Highlander. Their voices were starting to blend now. As Donnchadh kept on with his thick brogue, the other two, who had been toning it down to not confuse their foreign companions along the way, chimed in as though they were sitting round a fire with their own clansmen. Labban rather enjoyed it.

He pulled out the lyre and picked a simple lick. Nothing fancy this evening. We wasn't in the mood for any more strange happenings. He played an old favorite, and the three men sang in chorus. (surprisingly well, actually) As he played on through the night, he joined the three men in thier drink, and even shared his pipe with those that would.

Though time and time again, he swore he could see the Raven standing nearby, watching his every move. When he did finally catch it in his gaze, he could see a drop of blood dried on his beak, and the feathers on his breast looked wet. Black, when wet, remains black, but he knew what stained the bird.

He felt the urge, time and time again, to pull a new lick, or a different run. As he did, the raven would open his maw, baring the wound. But he shook it off. He refused to give in. So he played, and he played, and eventually he sang. And when the fog in his head became too heavy to see his fingers, he put the lyre away and simply sang with the camp.

Labban was getting dizzy, but was having far too much fun to care.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Sep-2004, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

As I sat, enjoying the events unfolding around me, my mind rolled over the recent happenings. Things had been so slow since the cave. And now this pesky raven shows up. What is his interest in Labban? He's toungeless again. This can't be good...

I kept apart for a while, then when Labban joined in the singing, I put my quill away and went to join them. My friend was starting to look more drunk than the other three. I'll need to protect Labban. That bitd can't be allowed to torment him.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Highlander 
Posted: 28-Sep-2004, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

The Highlander, never one to stand on ceremony bellow over to Labban, "Labban who is your new friend, and what is his story?"
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 27-Oct-2004, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

As the Highlander waits for a reply, he surveys the area, after a little while and recieving no answer he backs away from the group and fades into the forest, desiding to go and seek others that may be around.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 28-Oct-2004, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((Labban))

Labban stares at the bird and quietly answers the man. I couldn't tell you. Raawin seems to know. The foul bit me too. There was no answer, and when Labban looked up, he found the Highlander gone.

Hey, has anyone seen my staff? I only set it down for a minute. Who was watching the camp this whole time? Labban thought back to MacErca's warnings on the day he was given the gift. 'Don't let it out of your sight'. Well, now I've gone and done just that. He searched frantically for the rod, but it had up and vanished. No one saw anyone come or go. He trusted his group wouldn't have taken it, and this new fullow was with him when it went missing. Labban left the camp and started looking about for any sign of an intruder in the forest, or a trail they may have left.

After a moment he did find a set of footprints. They were fairly large, about the same as his own, but sunk much farther into the soft earth of the Faerie wood. He was either a large man or one laden down with armour and weaponry. As he quickened his pace he ran straight into someone, head down and feet foreward. After landing on the ground with a heavy thud, Labban looked up at the Highlander, who was again laughing. Are you lost, lad?

Labban got to his feet and tried to flush the red from his cheeks. No, but I did loose something. My staff has gone missing. You haven't found anything out here that would give sign of a thief, have you?
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 28-Oct-2004, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Well laddie, are ye lost or have ye lost something that you shouldn't have? With this the Highlander pull the rod from behind a tree and hands it back to Labban, with a stern reminder of what he was told when it was given unto him. I took it back from a, well I can't really tell you I came upon it and startled it into dropping it and then you oh so skillfully found me and here we are, where ever that may be, now about your new "friend"?
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

The Highlander without as much as and ado, disapears in the forest.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

With a bang and a clatter, a jester rides along the trail beside the camp. HI HO! Is that my friend Oldraven? I don't see too many really big birds around.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((labban))

What the?!!?! Labban takes a quick look down, and zips up. Sorry about that. Maisky, it's good to see you again. I'd feared the worst for everyone at the castle. But I see you're doing well, if not a little shocked to have caught me relieving myself.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 06-Jan-2005, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

The jester laughs and replies: "Not to worry, Sir. I COULD have been one of the ladies of the court! I, too sometimes forget to get off the trail before I take care of business. What brings you to this area, if I may be so bold as to ask, my friend? I am on my way to meet my Owner, Lady Karenrah.
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 01-May-2005, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

As the Highlander wonders through the forest looking for his companions he speaks aloud to no one in particular, "it has been months since I've heard from anyone where can they be?"
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]