Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

CelticRadio has been working with TradTunes.com to provide links to download and preview about 300 songs we currently play on Highlander Radio. TradTunes.com offers downloads of traditional Scottish, Irish and Celtic music for as little as .99 cents a download, or $9.99 for an entire album download.

Purchasing music electronically saves you substantially from standard list prices of $16.99 and higher for an equivalent CD. And for .99 cent a song you can now obtain only the music you want to hear ? legally and for the benefit of the musicians you have come to know and love.

TradTunes.com is based in Scotland and is the idea of John-Angus Smith and Alasdair MacCuish ? two enterprising musicians. The pair felt that established internet music download sites had failed to offer Celtic fans a wide enough range, and we agree with them!

Watch our music pages for links to download the currently playing song on our broadcast or search for downloadable songs from our playlist search engine:

View all Downloadable Songs

In the future we plan on expanding the number of songs we play that can be purchased for download. This small step will hopefully help you find the music you want to play on your portable music players and help us provide yet another useful feature for CelticRadio.net.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Yeah, I've checked the iTunes Music Store and they only have Enya, Flogging Molly, The Pogues, Arranmore and a few others.

I am about to go offtopic.gif ...

Every time someone talks about downloading music, I still curse Metallica for shutting down the original Napster. How hypocritical of them when, in order to gain exposure for themselves, they circulated their demo tape using the original P2P network-the underground.

(end of offtopic.gif rant)

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 11:05 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Unfortunately, there is not really 1 site that all of the music we play and listen is available. Our best hope yet is TradTunes. I have been working with the creators of this company and they have plans to continue to expand the music selection I am sure.

I can tell you they are good people and I personally have a very high regard for them. I hope their endevour is successful.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
mingkee 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

a Chinese Celt
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

I'd sticking with traditional CDs
I don't like ipod, it sucks, period
I'd rather to buy a CD, rip the tracks into 160k ogg format, and store into network hard drive, and play it with pda (used as digital wireless headphones), or transfer into SD card, and listen with pda

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt