LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Dec-2008, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hey guys! What's happening with your "senior old farts" stories???

Has it died down already...I can believe that old farts like you, don't have anymore stories hidden somewhere up your old sleeves??? tongue.gif

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 03-Dec-2008, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 03-Dec-2008, 06:31 PM)
Hey guys! What's happening with your "senior old farts" stories???

Has it died down already...I can believe that old farts like you, don't have anymore stories hidden somewhere up your old sleeves??? tongue.gif

LOA smile.gif

LOA;

Please don't rush us . We are after all 'OLD FARTS" and it takes time getting the old brain in gear.Right now I'm trying to remember where I put my teeth.

Camac. huh.gif wheelchair.gif

Antwn 
Posted: 05-Dec-2008, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 06-Sep-2008, 08:28 AM)
Well if this is the case don't you think that out of all those wise intelligent "Old Farts" someone would have figured out a way to stop the aging process.

Its already been done, its called dying. wink.gif

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 06-Dec-2008, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Antwn;

Yeah well who ever invented it should be shot.

Camac. rolleyes.gif angel_not.gif

Camac
Posted: 17-Jan-2009, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

It's been over a month since anyone has posted here and I knd of though that someone should so here goes.

The past few weeks I have been thinking alot about being an "Old Fart" and you know it's not that bad really. The younger folk seem to think that with the grey hair comes knowledge and wisdom. I guess they look upon the elderly as some sort of Sage. Well I for one am not a Sage and I don't want to be. At least not yet. I am quite content knowing that all the wisdom of the ages I have suppossedly compiled is still locked away somewhere in the recesses of my mind. Hell I'm only 66 and I figure I have at least ten years before all that nonsense gets loose. I mean who really wants me to tell them that if you stick your finger in a light socket your going to get a shock, or if you decide to argue with an 18 wheeler on the highway your going to loose. I'll give my opinion and or advice if asked but if the askers is to stupid or conceited to even think about it to Hell with them. Had some young idiot in the Legion ask me the other day that when I was in the war if I fought the Germans or the Japanese. I just looked at him and shook my head then walked away. I was one month short of 3 years old when that donnybrook ended. Guess he though I was in the Boys Brigade. It's bad enough when your cousins grandkids ask if you played with Dinosaurs but that really P Oed me. Anyway as I said it's not that bad being an old fart as most people seem to show you a little more respect and kindness. Just don't try to help me across the street. I'm not that bluidy auld..

Camac.

flora 
Posted: 17-Jan-2009, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Well move over Camac, there are alot of us in this boat!!!!!

My grandson who is in the first grade was answering questions for Grandparents Day. When asked how old was Grandpappa, he replied 39. How old was Grandmamma ..... 89. wheelchair.gif What's up with that? I play better then anyone else!!!!! And I am so way cooler. He better watch it, I just might not make him biscuits anymore. Not.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 17-Jan-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

flora;

At least you have grandkids. I get it from my cousins grandkids. Guess it comes with being the oldest living male on this branch of the family. There must be some kind of authority that should go along with that, even some sort of noble respectably title like Laird or something. angel_not.gif

Camac

Patch 
Posted: 17-Jan-2009, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (flora @ 17-Jan-2009, 06:00 PM)
Well move over Camac, there are alot of us in this boat!!!!!

My grandson who is in the first grade was answering questions for Grandparents Day. When asked how old was Grandpappa, he replied 39. How old was Grandmamma ..... 89. wheelchair.gif What's up with that? I play better then anyone else!!!!! And I am so way cooler. He better watch it, I just might not make him biscuits anymore. Not.

Flora

My son reversed that when asked in kindergarten of his parents ages as he told them mom was 28? (correct) and dad was 79? (wrong). "Mom" wouldn't go to school meeting for a while after that until I was able to go with her. She wanted them to know she wasn't a gold digger.

Slàinte,    

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 18-Jan-2009, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Only twice in my life have I really ever been concerned about age, 16 when I could get my driver license and 21 when I could legally drink (the idiocy of youth) rest of the time birthdays were just another day. There are sometimes though that this little mean streak crops up when I'm asked my age, which I readily admit to but add " my ex is the same age but she looks older". I know it is most uncouth but honestly there are times I just can't resist. Must be a subconscious thirst for revenge. I have to say that she was always very aware of her appearance where as my attitude was "Hey I got clothes on, I'm not naked". It also doesn't help that I am partially colour blind and unless it was a solid colour, no pastels, I didn't know what I was wearing. One thing I have realized, at least personally as I grow older, is that it is alot easier to laugh and make jokes at my own expense. As I said in another post awhile back, when they stuff me in the coffin they are going to have to break my right arm to hide my final one finger salute.

Camac.

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 21-Jan-2009, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

laugh.gif Camac, you are a hoot!

It really is a lot easier to laugh at ourselves & make jokes at our own expense. What's the saying, 'he who can laugh at himself shall never cease to be amused'. True. I'm all the time telling stuff on myself and sometimes people say 'and you can laugh about that??' but I'm thinking hey, life's too short. And I'm one of those who can trip while walking down a hallway that has a hardwood floor.

When I was a kid I was a bit insecure and shy, and that made me somehow afraid of looking foolish. As I got older I began to take life a little less seriously and I realized laughter is indeed good medicine... my favorite inspirations are those who can laugh easily at both themselves and the sheer absurdity of life.

These days I'm sorta watching my health go downhill, after a life of no problems except nearsightedness. When I turned 50, I found out I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Ohhh-kay, so I take meds for those and keep it under control. Well right before Christmas I found out I now have diabetes! censored.gif Can't have any of my favorite foods, and now have to intentionally draw blood twice a day! censored.gif censored.gif After a couple of weeks of borderline depression, thank goodness my sense of humor returned. If I skint my knuckle working in the barn, or had a brief nosebleed from sinus troubles, I'd loooook at the redness and think 'wonder if I could take a blood glucose reading from that and skip pricking my finger tonight??'

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Camac
Posted: 21-Jan-2009, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Siobhan Blues;

Hey, I know what you mean. Last Nov. went to the Doc, I've been his patient so long I call him Peter, the title Doctor just doesn't impress me like it use to, any way he says its time for your annual physical. OK says I but no damn finger OK. That was a waste of words. So after he prods, feels, penetrates and listens he gives me a Lab request and says to-morow go to the Lab, bring a stool sample, pee in the bottle, and have them take some blood. The next day off I go to the Lab and who should I meet, Dracula's Daughter. She jabs me and starts drawing blood so much so that I asked her if I was feeding the family. She took so much blood that I could tell where my white underwear ended and my skin began. All this just to tell me what I already know. I'm still living, I have a slightly wonkie heart, and high blood pressure, and my favourite, I smoke to much, you really should stop. Like I said to Peter, "You still enjoying sex with your wife, well I enjoy my smokes."

Camac.

PS. Next time I go to the Lab I'm wearing a Garlic Necklace, a Cross, and carrying a bottle of Holy Water and a sharpened 2x4.

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 21-Jan-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
PM               
LadyOfAvalon 
  Posted: 21-Jan-2009, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 17-Jan-2009, 02:09 PM)
It's been over a month since anyone has posted here and I knd of though that someone should so here goes.

The past few weeks I have been thinking alot about being an "Old Fart" and you know it's not that bad really. The younger folk seem to think that with the grey hair comes knowledge and wisdom. I guess they look upon the elderly as some sort of Sage. Well I for one am not a Sage and I don't want to be. At least not yet. I am quite content knowing that all the wisdom of the ages I have suppossedly compiled is still locked away somewhere in the recesses of my mind. Hell I'm only 66 and I figure I have at least ten years before all that nonsense gets loose. I mean who really wants me to tell them that if you stick your finger in a light socket your going to get a shock, or if you decide to argue with an 18 wheeler on the highway your going to loose. I'll give my opinion and or advice if asked but if the askers is to stupid or conceited to even think about it to Hell with them. Had some young idiot in the Legion ask me the other day that when I was in the war if I fought the Germans or the Japanese. I just looked at him and shook my head then walked away. I was one month short of 3 years old when that donnybrook ended. Guess he though I was in the Boys Brigade. It's bad enough when your cousins grandkids ask if you played with Dinosaurs but that really P Oed me. Anyway as I said it's not that bad being an old fart as most people seem to show you a little more respect and kindness. Just don't try to help me across the street. I'm not that bluidy auld..

Camac.

Only twice in my life have I really ever been concerned about age, 16 when I could get my driver license and 21 when I could legally drink (the idiocy of youth) rest of the time birthdays were just another day. There are sometimes though that this little mean streak crops up when I'm asked my age, which I readily admit to but add " my ex is the same age but she looks older". I know it is most uncouth but honestly there are times I just can't resist. Must be a subconscious thirst for revenge. I have to say that she was always very aware of her appearance where as my attitude was "Hey I got clothes on, I'm not naked". It also doesn't help that I am partially colour blind and unless it was a solid colour, no pastels, I didn't know what I was wearing. One thing I have realized, at least personally as I grow older, is that it is alot easier to laugh and make jokes at my own expense. As I said in another post awhile back, when they stuff me in the coffin they are going to have to break my right arm to hide my final one finger salute.

Camac.

Siobhan Blues;

Hey, I know what you mean. Last Nov. went to the Doc, I've been his patient so long I call him Peter, the title Doctor just doesn't impress me like it use to, any way he says its time for your annual physical. OK says I but no damn finger OK. That was a waste of words. So after he prods, feels, penetrates and listens he gives me a Lab request and says to-morow go to the Lab, bring a stool sample, pee in the bottle, and have them take some blood. The next day off I go to the Lab and who should I meet, Dracula's Daughter. She jabs me and starts drawing blood so much so that I asked her if I was feeding the family. She took so much blood that I could tell where my white underwear ended and my skin began. All this just to tell me what I already know. I'm still living, I have a slightly wonkie heart, and high blood pressure, and my favourite, I smoke to much, you really should stop. Like I said to Peter, "You still enjoying sex with your wife, well I enjoy my smokes."

Camac.

PS. Next time I go to the Lab I'm wearing a Garlic Necklace, a Cross, and carrying a bottle of Holy Water and a sharpened 2x4.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif you just crack me up my friend...I've been laughing so hard I had to take my asthma inhalers for air... huh.gif

LOA still laughing and coughing!!!!! Geesus...
PM My Photo Album               
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 26-Jan-2009, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

I told my daughter the other day when she called me an old fart that I was far too young to be an old fart yet. I mean at the young age of ....hmm... ahh... lets see.... I was born.......ummm.... and last year I turned....... so minus todays date......can`t remember if I took my meds today.....hmmmm.Oh I can`t forget to pick up the wife for her appointment..........gonna have to call her to find out where I put the damn calander so I know what time her thing is....where was I ......ummm.......oh yeah so my daughter thinks I am ancient, most of my hair is gone, the rest is white (all her fault), I have aches and pains in the morning, afternoon and evening, have trouble remembering where I put things. I think my wife is playing games with me and moving my stuff because when I ask her if she has seen it, things magically reappear!
Am I getting older.....yes but I don`t think I qualify as an old fart yet.

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 26-Jan-2009, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

piobmhorpiper;

Its not that your wife is moving your stuff around, its that they have secretly developed stealth technology. How else do you explain looking for something for an hour and find out it has been sitting in front of you the whole time. In the eyes of anyone younger that you, you qualify as an "Old Fart" so wear the honourarium with pride.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]