Camac
Posted: 26-Mar-2008, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

26/03/08

Well it looks like we are heading down the same road we took in the late 50s' when after developing the best interceptor aircraft in the world (THE ARROW) we sold out to U.S. interest and destroyed not only the plane but the aircraft industry in Canada. Now it seems that we are doing it again only this time it is with MDA the developer and maker of Canadarm, and Radarsat 2. This is world leading technology and if it is sold it could destroy Canadas' Space Industry along with handing over our sovereignty in the Arctic. The Radarsat was developed to keep track of what is going on in the high Arctic, such as tracking shipping through the North West Passage (our territorial waters). It can even track submarines if the are near the surface. Sale of MDA to a U.S. company will put that technology in foreign hands and we will have no access to it. No other nation on the planet would ever think of selling that kind of technology to a foreign power. Ottawa has put a 30 day hold on the deal but it must stop this sale compeletly or we might as well just surrender our country now.

Camac.

UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 31-Mar-2008, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

I wonder what kind of arm twisting, threats, promises, pressure the US goverment might be applying.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2008/03...-extension.html

The fact that ATK sells arms is an aside point to the more important point of tax payer funded project being now sold off with the potential of the Canadian taxpayer losing there interest and the potential sale of its ability to insure its sovereignty.

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 01-Apr-2008, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 26-Mar-2008, 08:21 AM)
26/03/08

Well it looks like we are heading down the same road we took in the late 50s' when after developing the best interceptor aircraft in the world (THE ARROW) we sold out to U.S. interest and destroyed not only the plane but the aircraft industry in Canada. Now it seems that we are doing it again only this time it is with MDA the developer and maker of Canadarm, and Radarsat 2. This is world leading technology and if it is sold it could destroy Canadas' Space Industry along with handing over our sovereignty in the Arctic. The Radarsat was developed to keep track of what is going on in the high Arctic, such as tracking shipping through the North West Passage (our territorial waters). It can even track submarines if the are near the surface. Sale of MDA to a U.S. company will put that technology in foreign hands and we will have no access to it. No other nation on the planet would ever think of selling that kind of technology to a foreign power. Ottawa has put a 30 day hold on the deal but it must stop this sale compeletly or we might as well just surrender our country now.

Camac.

Hi Camac, and Ulster, you know it seems to me that when imperialist nations, run out of places to imperialize, they imperialize their own citizens. In other words we’re all being sold out!

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 01-Apr-2008, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

01/04/08

HEY J.C.
There is an old adage in History that says (An Empire (Imperial Power) must expand or die. That does not necessarily mean military expansion it can mean culturally, or econonically. With our economy in better shape we are a prime target for U.S. companies to make take over bids.

Camac.

John Clements 
Posted: 02-Apr-2008, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 01-Apr-2008, 06:33 PM)
01/04/08

HEY J.C.
There is an old adage in History that says (An Empire (Imperial Power) must expand or die. That does not necessarily mean military expansion it can mean culturally, or econonically. With our economy in better shape we are a prime target for U.S. companies  to make take over bids.

Camac.

I agree Camac, the only problem is that most often Imperial Empires grow by military takeovers alone, followed by the eradication of the culture and the language of the people who have been taken over.
The same thing goes for religion, (convert or die).
When it comes to economic buyouts/takeovers, I think the all Seeing Eye printed at the top of the pyramid, on the US dollar, just about says it all, because it’s constantly looking for cheaper labor. In the words of the Godfather, (well make them an offer they can’t refuse). But then I’m sure you know this stuff.
Hey, remember playing King of the Mountain when you were a kid. It was always an up hill battle, and some times you had to team up with a friend, (who became you enemy) as soon as you knocked the king down.
It’s all a vicious cycle, that I’m afraid will never go away.
Anyway I hope I’m making some sense here?
Love you man,
JC
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 02-Apr-2008, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 02-Apr-2008, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 01-Apr-2008, 06:33 PM)
01/04/08

HEY J.C.
There is an old adage in History that says (An Empire (Imperial Power) must expand or die. That does not necessarily mean military expansion it can mean culturally, or econonically. With our economy in better shape we are a prime target for U.S. companies  to make take over bids.

Camac.

I agree Camac, the only problem is that most often Imperial Empires grow by military takeovers alone, followed by the eradication of the culture and the language of the people who have been taken over.
The same thing goes for religion, (convert or die).
When it comes to economic buyouts/takeovers, I think all Seeing Eye printed at the top of the pyramid, on the US dollar, just about says it all, because it’s constantly looking for cheaper labor. In the words of the Godfather, (well make them an offer they can’t refuse). But then I’m sure you know this stuff.
Hey, remember playing King of the Mountain when you were a kid. It was always an up hill battle, and some times you had to team up with a friend, (who became you enemy) as soon as you knocked the king down.
It’s all a vicious cycle, that I’m afraid will never go away.
Anyway I hope I’m making some sense here?
Love you man,
JC

And with the weaker US dollar, US companies are now being bought out by outside interests. Brazil, MiddleEast, China etc.

Imperialism is getting harder and harder to maintain for any one nation , and there are many forms of imperialism.
Gathering of nations, wealth, culture etc into one thing happening organically from a grassroots level is one thing but it becomes imperialism when it is "imposed" on the subject.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en...nition&ct=title
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]