Posted: 03-May-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 03-May-2010, 06:58 PM)
There have been weapons throughout time, quite possibly starting with a rock in the biblical story of Cain and Abel. I have a collection of swords, a South American "blow gun and darts", Stun sticks of various voltages, Pepper spray and firearms. From history we learn the necessity of self defense.

No government entity has EVER been able to "protect" us!

Thank you, I was aware of the existence of weaponry throughout time.

What would you consider a government "entity"? The military? The legislative and executive branches of government who dictate who they'll fight? Would those be included in the term "government entity"? Yes I know its citizens who comprise the military, but its also citizens who comprise every government "entity". Its doesn't make it less a government entity. I'd say every example of a government entity I've listed above has tried it best to protect us and has succeeded in many conflicts. I'm surprised that you as an ex-soldier and one who lauds those who serve would say "no government entity has EVER been able to "protect" us!"

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

In war, "maybe" but not always but with police, absolutely not. until we each have a staff of police 24/7 we are not protected. Personal weapons in America only came into play during the revolution. The topic is about personal weapons.
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 04-May-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 03-May-2010, 07:32 PM)
In war, "maybe" but not always but with police, absolutely not. until we each have a staff of police 24/7 we are not protected. Personal weapons in America only came into play during the revolution. The topic is about personal weapons.

No the topic is about gun control quotes, read the title. The title even suggests a thread about the control of guns, yet the majority of posts (yours) are about advocacy (or meant to be) not control. Perhaps you should be more clear about your titles. If you want to expand the subject matter of your own thread, I have no problem.

Secondly, the fact that the police do an imperfect job of protection at best is not to say unequivocally that no protection is provided. You're exaggerating at best, insulting law enforcement at worst.

I'm not going to argue your love affair with guns and/or other weapons, knock yourself out, I'm only questioning your logic.

Third, personal weapons did not only come into play during the revolution. All indigenous people in pre-colonized America had personal weapons as you know. When the first permanent English settlement was established in Jamestown in 1607 those colonists carried personal weapons, as did the Spanish conquistadors.

You might want to make your points (and name your threads) more clearly. Not an admonition, just a suggestion.

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 04-May-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

If you do not like where it is going, do not read the posts. That is how I deal with things that bother me and it works quite well.

The police are NOT your protectors. They were never intended to be. They are supposed to catch those who harm or kill you. Sometimes they accomplish THAT task but not always! If they do, they seldom make right your financial loss and can not remedy any other physical loss.

If it is protection you desire, you must protect your self or hire a round the clock body guard service.

In the wars that took place within our borders the public was not kept safe by any army. Again they protected themselves by what ever means were at hand.

I intend to keep posting quotes that relate to the thought process which conceived our Constitutional second amendment.

Being so notified, you will know in the future that you are likely to find something here that might bother you. That way you can avoid finding yourself in the position of being made to feel ill at ease.
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 04-May-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 04-May-2010, 08:12 PM)
If you do not like where it is going, do not read the posts. That is how I deal with things that bother me and it works quite well.

The police are NOT your protectors. They were never intended to be. They are supposed to catch those who harm or kill you. Sometimes they accomplish THAT task but not always! If they do, they seldom make right your financial loss and can not remedy any other physical loss.

If it is protection you desire, you must protect your self or hire a round the clock body guard service.

In the wars that took place within our borders the public was not kept safe by any army. Again they protected themselves by what ever means were at hand.

I intend to keep posting quotes that relate to the thought process which conceived our Constitutional second amendment.

Being so notified, you will know in the future that you are likely to find something here that might bother you. That way you can avoid finding yourself in the position of being made to feel ill at ease.

It doesn't bother me, just trying to make sense of what you're doing. You missed my point or ignored it but that's okay - forget it.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 04-May-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I will thank you.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"Without doubt one is allowed to resist against the unjust aggressor to one's life, one's goods or one's physical integrity; sometimes, even 'til the aggressor’s death.... In fact, this act is aimed at preserving one’s life or one’s goods and to make the aggressor powerless. Thus, it is a good act, which is the right of the victim."

- Thomas Aquinas

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 26-May-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic."

--Joseph Story

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 08-Jun-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"Keeping and bearing arms is not only a fundamental right; it is a fundamental duty upon which all liberty and sovereignty is based."

- Donald L. Cline

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Jun-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

bump
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Jun-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"When the law disallows both the means and moral authority to defend one's self and property, crime and violence fill the void between common sense and the hoped for utopia."

- JD Filkins

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Jun-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"Keeping and bearing arms is not only a fundamental right; it is a fundamental duty upon which all liberty and sovereignty is based."

- Donald L. Cline

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Jun-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"A shoot-out is better than a massacre!"

- David M. Bennett

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

bump
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-Jun-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

""The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic."

--Justice Joseph Story

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]