Heartless75 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: South Carolina

male

Forgive my words if they are unwanted or if they displease anyone, but I believe the problem not to be the fault of anyone. It is not that our clan has too much power and strikes at those who get close in that strength. With power, will always come paranoia. It is only natural that Argyll does its best to prevent the power being taken. Were I in another clan, I would see this reaction by Argyll as a challenge and therefore, I would use the current time and do my best to develope a strategy that would rip Argyll from the throne no matter the tactics they employed. It would cause so much havoc if the entire heirarchy of MK was unseated.

Therefore, and not as provocation, I would like to challenge the other clans to use this current time to develope strategies that may unseat Argyll. I personally have thought of a few myself that, were I in another clan, I would attempt them myself. I am already sure that many of you know clan Argyll's tactics which should help in your endeavors.

I again mean no offense and simply wish to raise the spirits of others. Also, if you can build an unstoppable force, we may finally learn what happens when it clashes with an immovable object. And, I would like to see that for myself.

--------------------
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the enemy die for his.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 03-Jul-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,811 Gold!

My dear Olorin, I respect you and your opinion even if I disagree with you. It is my opinion that the goal in any game is to win. I would call total domination by one clan a clear win. Would you have us "let" an opponent beat us? What challenge is that? If you were to be the one who was "allowed" to win, would you feel accomplished or pandered to? Perhaps the game needs a set goal that clearly delineates a winner and when that goal is reached, the game is reset. Would this keep the challenge fresh enough for you? Or maybe there should be a time limit between resets. I believe the true challenge is to study the game and then develop a strategy to not just win, but to dominate. No strategy is perfect though. Someone can always come up with an effective counter strategy. The game is not just about throwing armies at each other, but is a mental challenge to develop strategies and tactics. Sometimes, it may take a while to figure out a successful answer to one clan's dominance, but it can be done and there in lies the challenge. So I challenge you sir to use your mental prowess, which I believe to be great, to find a way to beat us. We too grow tired of continued dominance, but rolling over "for the good of the game" is no answer. We are waiting for the one who will catch us off guard with a new and surprising tactic. Come on, knock us off the mountain.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
olorin 
Posted: 04-Jul-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
166,604 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I see your point my friend and it was never my intention at all to have you just roll over and play dead, there would be no fun in that whatsoever. I will readily admit though that I both admire and despise your position there, (I am a tad jealous after all, who wouldn't be?). I think I am mad at myself more than anyone for letting this happen to begin with. I have been here long enough and know the tactics of you and your ilk all the way back to MacInne, yet after the reset I jumped the gun like a young inexperienced warrior while you and your clanmates quietly waited and readied yourselves for the right time to move. This very simple tactic set into motion everything that you have now and I kick myself in the arse daily for not following suit; clearly I should have, (and did) know better.

Concerning your reset ideas I think something of that nature could work, though it would likely tick off some of the newer players who had worked really hard to get where they are. I do believe us veterans would enjoy the fresh start from time to time though so maybe a partial reset could be a option? I think a good idea would be to implement something into the game to make this runaway resource train problem much harder to achieve, because once someone gets that advantage it's almost impossible to overcome it. I mean seriously, how many farmers from the celtic era do you think owned millions of farms or had trillions of gold coin lying about? I think it would be fair to say those are not very realistic numbers. cool.gif Perhaps they should put a cap on the amount of resources you can own or maybe limit how much you can earn per day/week/month. Maybe stiffen the taxes and broaden that idea across all resources as a sort of equalizer. This would level the playing field substantially and would make the game more of a battle of wits than brute strength. There would still be clear winners and losers but the possibility for a rival clan to rise up and capture the throne from it's rulers would not be such an insurmountable task as is the case at this time.

For now I suppose we shall have to see if we can live up to your challenge and devise a way to overcome the seemingly impossible; to rise up and storm your great empire. For I personally would like to see up close what happens when an unstoppable force clashes with an immovable object; the results would be quite a sight to see I am sure of it.

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
wiramc 
Posted: 21-Jul-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: South of Santa's Workshop

male

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Wiramc of Harnett. I am new to Medieval Kingdom, but have heard much of the battles fought here. In due time, I shall join in some of those battles. I do not expect to win all, but I shall win my share. I may befriend some along the way and I am sure to make bitter enemies, but through all, I shall uphold the honor of my self and my clan, Clan Mack. When the time is right, I shall come calling, in the meantime, let us lift a flagon to this fine land we now call home.
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 21-Jul-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Lord Wiramc,

Nice to read your post and your noble adventure of a Clan. You are to be congratulated at achieving over 2 trillion in resources at Rank 83. That is a fine feat. It may even suggest that you have allies high above you that are not in your immediate Clan. Time will tell. So be wary the rest of you lot if you are thinking of assaulting Lord Wiramc's kingdom.

If you send warning and attack, you should be okay for the skirmish. But if you do so with Clan Argyl, they will heap vengence against you until they have to rename their Clan again [Argh, ha, ha, ha...] laugh.gif That's just the sort they are.

Anyway, keep up the posts!

The noble, fair and most illustrious Lord Englishmix
Kilkerran, Scotland
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
wiramc 
Posted: 21-Jul-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: South of Santa's Workshop

male

I can assure you that I have no connection to Clan Argyle other than the fact that I have studied the history of the game and observed their tactic. They bided their time, aparently building resources in secret, until they were ready to make an appearance. This seemed a good strategy, unlike some who seem to have no strategy but whinging to prove their worth. I give fair warning to any cowardly complainers, Sir Englishmix, that I will become a force to be reckoned with.
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 22-Jul-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Fare thee well, Wiramc!
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
olorin 
Posted: 30-Jul-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
166,604 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Fair thee well indeed Lord Wiramc; the latest kingdom to appear in our lands.

Will it be friend or foe? gossip.gif
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 30-Jul-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

If Lord Wiramc has any sense about him, and I think he does, he alresdy knows who to ally with and who to stay a swords length away from. Lord Wiramc you are wiser than your years and well informed. I bid you and your kingdom well.

King Piobmhorpiper
Argyle Clan Chieftan

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]