ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
513,597 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (olorin @ 06-Feb-2010, 08:41 PM)
I remember we tried to put something similar to this together in the past. I was all for it then, and I am all for it now. Perhaps we should call them the "Celtic Games" in a similar fashion to the early olympic games of past. I think there would be no better place to either battle for sport, or perhaps settle a grudge in an amicable way between individuals without the politics antics of clans getting in the way.
I think we should work this idea out in detail, (rules of conduct, length and number of attacks per skirmish, etc.) and figure out a way to have impartial judges to oversee and deterimne the winners of such battles.

I like Gandalf's idea of a cash reward as well. Everyone involved, (be it spectator or participant) would have to contribute for it to work though, so I will take the first step here and double Lord Gandalf's offer.

I put up 2,000,000 for the first two willing to get these games off to a good start, (that's a cool million in gold each folks), and will also put out a 2,000,000 purse for whom I think will win said battle. thumbsup.gif

A thought comes to mind...after these battles each participant will be weakened to a point. Rules of play should include things like a war exemption, (should a war break out within a certain timeframe after a "game" to protect ones self and allow them to get back in playing shape). Or perhaps a limit set as to how much army and rescources would be allowed per game to limit the possible damage, (again, as a means of protection).

If we think this through I know we could make a fun and sporting event out of this that anyone at any level can enjoy. With some time invested a handicap system could even be developed so that anyone could play and make a game purely of wits and cunning rather than raw power. flex.gif

The more I think about it the more I am getting into the idea! Lets get this rolling!

I have given the gold reward and betting options some thought and due to the construct and nature of this game it would be unfair to allow bets based on exactly who would destroy how many of each unit or building (largely because the contestants could sway it one way or the other). I like the idea that ALL MK players can wager on a match and potentially win a big pot, I was thinking something along the lines of football squares. Squares
Call it the total number of troops, buildings, and towers destroyed in battle equals the score of a player. Anyone can buy a square for 1,000,000 each and the winner gets a 90,000,000 pot. The other 10mil? Say 9,000,000 to the Player who destroys the most troops and 1,000,000 to the bookie for managing all of it. How would the total be determined fair? Well here is where some rules and structure would come in.

Both players in Match would have to submit battle reports to either the ref or bookie (their reward for doing so accurately would be a 9% cut of the pot) and so long as they match up on the ref/bookies end, then a winner could be chosen. In the event of fraud on one or both players parts the money would be returned and the contest considered void.

I whole heartedly agree that any player attacking someone within a week of a structured match would be considered a coward and deserve a whomping from every player in MK (Unless of coarse that player started it).

If the square thing works and we can generate enough interest in it maybe we could get King Camelot to throw in a CD or some other spiff from time to time.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 23-Feb-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,733 Gold!

I suppose such a plan might suffice for players lacking the gonads for real combat.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
McRoach 
Posted: 24-Feb-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
513,597 Gold!

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 23-Feb-2010, 03:23 PM)
I suppose such a plan might suffice for players lacking the gonads for real combat.

Or perhaps for those who don't spend time pushing their entire clan against a few players to make it to the top....sure! I would have figured a clan ranked up so high that it could rarely attack anyone else would be open to the idea of a friendly bought now and then. I guess gathering up resources until the next reset if no one chooses to battle with you is more fun, to each their own I suppose.
englishmix 
Posted: 15-May-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Hear ye, fair members of the dark clan Argyl!

Ye are welcome to become members of the NEW CLAN which I am about to start. Ye have doubtless noticed my rise in Medievalness. I have offered ye all tea and crumpets, but your clan viciously assaults me who makes no threats.

Ye clan assaults me and just adds to my Defense Bonus. It is good training and I thank thee.

But if ye would chose to leave such a yesterday clan as Argyl and join my new noble Clan which I am soon to unleash, you will be treated with great honor and be priviledged to sit at my right and upon my left in the great feast hall. No longer will you be a lacky kingdom of Argyl.

What say ye? Send a courier message to my austere Kingdom Hall and we shall soon reign together as FAIR LORDS of this entire realm. This, of course, is a limited time offer.

Ye know well that I have not attacked any clan of Argyl on my ascendancy to this very day. I await your dispatches from those who are noble in the passing Clan Argyl. Your communiques will be kept in the strictess of confidence, I assure you.

The illustrious and most humble,
Laird Englishmix of Kilkerran
Scotland
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
englishmix 
Posted: 15-May-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Now you see, where did all of Piob's Battering Rams go?... Smashed like toothpicks. And yet, I have attacked no one. Is that the kind of leader you wish to follow? If not, send me a message. We can change this game for the better.

Lord Englishmix
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 15-May-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,733 Gold!

Dear Mutt Boy

Why should we care to align ourselves with that which even a dung beetle refuses to touch. As for your "new clan", will it be propped up with resources from DARK as you are yourself at this moment? We shall never rest in our efforts to rid the fair MK of the foul pollution that you bring.
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 15-May-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

QUOTE (englishmix @ 15-May-2010, 03:53 PM)
Now you see, where did all of Piob's Battering Rams go?... Smashed like toothpicks. And yet, I have attacked no one. Is that the kind of leader you wish to follow? If not, send me a message. We can change this game for the better.

Lord Englishmix

My Clansmen follw me because they are faithful to Clan Argyle. They would never sit at your side in any clan that your are associated with. The Dark Clan must be thrilled with you right about now, trying to ally yourself with their deadliest enemy and offering to start a new with Clan Argyle members! You sir are laughable. You have been taken to task by Clan Argyle because you fly the DARK Clan flag, rose high in the rankings very quickly, and became a threat that was dealt with. I shall waste no more time or words with you.
King Piobmhorpiper
Clan Argyle Chieftan

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
englishmix 
Posted: 15-May-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Ah, now all of Medievalness from the lowest to the highest see what Clan Argyl has become! Yet still I have not attack any in Argyl - as you know full well.

I am where I am from hard work and honest words. As former king of Medievalness, I look to the throne again with a new clan and a new day. And am encouraged by some communique from Argyl as well as the rest of players. There is still time to join a new noble clan.

By early this new week, my Clan shall arise. If you pummle my kingdom to Rank 8, what is that? Have I not ascended from Rank 20 to frighten you all like silly women? And yet, I have not attacked any of you. But it is your ranking you ought to be concerned about soon - those who follow the ilk of Clan Argyl!

Lord Englishmix of Kilkerran

piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 17-May-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

Lord Englishmix, you are a LIAR. You have attackes an Argyle Clansmen in the past and here is the battle result post to prove it.

(Archive from old clan post)
14-Feb-2010 10:07pm
We were attacked by an army from the kingdom 1:8:3. The enemy managed to secure a hill overlooking the battlefield. The enemy forces were led by "Duke Howarth".

We lost 668 Guard Tower to the enemy Trebuchet.
Our Guard Tower annihilated the attacking Swordsmen.
Our Guard Tower annihilated the attacking Pikemen.
Our Guard Tower killed 10,087 enemy Infantry.
Our Guard Tower killed 4,157 enemy Militia.
We lost 1,303 Swordsmen to the enemy Longbowmen.
Our Longbowmen annihilated the attacking Infantry.
Our Longbowmen killed 4,754 enemy Militia.
We lost 740 Infantry to the enemy Archers.
Our Archers killed 2,432 enemy Militia.
Our Pikemen killed 2,347 enemy Knights.
We lost 2,467 Cavalry to the enemy Spearmen.
Our Spearmen killed 983 enemy Cavalry.
We lost 8,340 Archers to the enemy Cavalry.
Our Cavalry killed 5,153 enemy Archers.
We lost 1 Swordsmen to the enemy Knights.
Our Swordsmen killed 6,186 enemy Spearmen.
Our Infantry killed 7,648 enemy Militia.
The enemy Militia annihilated our Archers.
We lost 793 Militia to the enemy Militia.
Our Militia killed 1,231 enemy Archers.
We lost 778 Gold Mine to the enemy Battering ram.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 17-May-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,733 Gold!

As of 7:00 this morning, Englishmix has no mines and no farms. He is reduced to begging for the very food on his table since he can niether grow it nor buy it. A common begger.
CelticSpecter 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Isle of Islay

male

Not only a liar but a coward too.

16-May-2010 10:37pm
The army from the kingdom of Kilkerran (1:8:3) has been recalled.

16-May-2010 10:13pm
An army marches upon us from the kingdom of Galafray (2:1:5). It should arrive within 7 months.

16-May-2010 09:06pm
An army marches upon us from the kingdom of Kilkerran (1:8:3). It should arrive within 4 months.
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Ah, what dear historians ye make! I had well arisen in this fair Spring with no hostilities - except me offering you tea & crumpets when you come and visit. And yet the thugs of Argyl attack. Point is made. Ruse was given, and you took to it well enough.

I will say, that the members of Argyl are very loyal. You do have that! A loyal band of skallywaggers, the likes of which all else in Medievalness should oppose as rouges.

PS:
If I am a common begger, then what makes are those Argyl members who are below me??? ... common scum, which ain't arisn to the top, me thinks. Argh!
smile.gif
CelticSpecter 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Isle of Islay

male

You have been exposed for what you are by your own activities, no one else. And that makes us scum? You, sir, are nothing more than a demagogue of the lowest order.

I will not waste anymore of my time dealing with someone of your ilk. You can take your tea and crumpets and stick them where the sun don't shine.
PMEmail Poster               
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

Honorable Lords and Ladies of MK, never have my clansmen or I, have ever run across such a demon, as englishmix. He comes on a gentleman, pretendinding to be a peaceful lord, wishing only to share his tea and crumpets. He lets on that he has nary an agressive bone his his body. When in fact he is a spineless whinnig imbecile that even when presented proof that he has in the past attacked Argyle denies it. Clan Argyle has noticed, that englishmix is the only member of Clan Dark that insults and taunts us, let alone carries on like a two year old. My Lord take your ball and go home, for when playing with us you will get hurt and go running back to your mommy.
olorin 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
166,274 Gold!

I take no side with either clan concerning any of the above statements. But the fact of the matter is that Argyle will attack anyone that dare to even pass by your "territories". You attack whether provoked or not; ruthlessly and mercilessly, and you will not stop at any cost until you feel you have completly broken the spirit of those who dare try to occupy any land amongst you. The runaway train created by your mass ownership of resources allows you the freedom to just swat away anyone in your path like a fly without even so much as a dent in your stockpike. While this strong arm tactic clearly works, it has gotten to the point to where it is just taking the fun away from the game for some of us.

Congradulations, you own Medieval Kingdom...but at what cost?

I know you will likely rant at length about how your "prowess" and "supreme knowledge" of the game gave you the ability to build your clan to the undeniable power that you have become. I'm sure we'll also hear about how we can blame ourselves for our own shortcomings and perhaps even how mine and other clans failed leadership contributed to this landslide. Even if some of this holds partial truth, it doesn't change the fact that the game has now become stale.

Call me or my clan cowards, liars, or whatever you wish; I honestly don't care and wont reply to such silliness. And please, save any so called "pity" you may wish to throw down to us pesants, I have no need for any petty acts of good will or "assistance" from anyone in your clan.

Rest assured my intent was not to stir up a fight or call anyone dishonest by any means; I came her with but an opinion, and I have made it clear.

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]