Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
510,339 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I have spoken with some of my own and other clan members about the idea of starting the MK games.

Many here in MK are currently part of a clan and while all the clans here have been at war with one or another at some point, this has the side effect of limiting some players desire to go starting up a battle with another in fear they will lose there clans support and also start new clan wars.

To quench these players thirst for blood I suggest the following, a structured safe haven for players to concede to battle with one another with no political strings attached. Our own virtual MK thunderdome if you will. Two lords/ess enter, one lord/ess leaves.

I as leader of Clan D.A.R.K. declare that any player who wishes to do battle by declaring it here and having it agreed upon with another player will suffer no discipline from me. I do warn however that any player who agrees to battle and then has clan mates get involved in that 1 on 1 fight will be considered a treasonous cowardly act of war.

I call on all other clan leaders to declare likewise in this friendly arena where even those players who are at peace may come and strut there stuff when desire strikes. With that let the games begin!

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
gandolf3339 
  Posted: 03-Feb-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #64
38,554 Gold!

Seems to me that some side betting should be done on these battles, I will put up a 1,000,000 gold prize for the first two players to get into these games(for the winner) and I will bet 1,000,000 gold on one of these two combatants(who I think may win). unsure.gif
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
olorin 
  Posted: 06-Feb-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
166,054 Gold!

I remember we tried to put something similar to this together in the past. I was all for it then, and I am all for it now. Perhaps we should call them the "Celtic Games" in a similar fashion to the early olympic games of past. I think there would be no better place to either battle for sport, or perhaps settle a grudge in an amicable way between individuals without the politics antics of clans getting in the way.
I think we should work this idea out in detail, (rules of conduct, length and number of attacks per skirmish, etc.) and figure out a way to have impartial judges to oversee and deterimne the winners of such battles.

I like Gandalf's idea of a cash reward as well. Everyone involved, (be it spectator or participant) would have to contribute for it to work though, so I will take the first step here and double Lord Gandalf's offer.

I put up 2,000,000 for the first two willing to get these games off to a good start, (that's a cool million in gold each folks), and will also put out a 2,000,000 purse for whom I think will win said battle. thumbs_up.gif

A thought comes to mind...after these battles each participant will be weakened to a point. Rules of play should include things like a war exemption, (should a war break out within a certain timeframe after a "game" to protect ones self and allow them to get back in playing shape). Or perhaps a limit set as to how much army and rescources would be allowed per game to limit the possible damage, (again, as a means of protection).

If we think this through I know we could make a fun and sporting event out of this that anyone at any level can enjoy. With some time invested a handicap system could even be developed so that anyone could play and make a game purely of wits and cunning rather than raw power. flex.gif

The more I think about it the more I am getting into the idea! Lets get this rolling!

--------------------
Slàinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
ridgeback77 
Posted: 07-Feb-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Peoria, IL

male

I'd be willing to take on tallerlacuba of Idealand or Showann of Sherwood.
PMEmail Poster               
Showann 
Posted: 07-Feb-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

Thanks for counting with us Lord Mc Roach.

Of course we are with you in your project.

Showann of Sherwood
Clan Plus Ultra
PMEmail Poster               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 08-Feb-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I don't like war

And I have nothing to lose, I have been attacked until everything in my Kingdom was destroyed.

Rebuilding has been very slow, so I don't think I could "fight" with anybody, because I have a few soldiers, but if someone wants to destroy me again I really don't care.

It seems Lord Ridgeback wants to do it.

just do it

Anyway I won't attack anyone, so I guess I won't win the prize.

thumbs_up.gif note.gif

tallerlacuba of IDEALAND

--------------------
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gandolf3339 
Posted: 08-Feb-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #64
38,554 Gold!

I will match Lord Olorins offer and bump it with 2,000,000 in wood and food for the first 2 participants (1 mill. each for each) to help them rebuild.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
ridgeback77 
Posted: 08-Feb-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I don't like war

And I have nothing to lose, I have been attacked until everything in my Kingdom was destroyed.

Rebuilding has been very slow, so I don't think I could "fight" with anybody, because I have a few soldiers, but if someone wants to destroy me again I really don't care.

It seems Lord Ridgeback wants to do it.

just do it

Anyway I won't attack anyone, so I guess I won't win the prize.

tallerlacuba of IDEALAND

It was nothing against you, you just happened to be the closest to me in score. I hate to see a demoralized player in any game, and as I have now moved ahead of you in the rankings; I'll withhold my attack.

I'll still offer myself up to either Showann of Sherwood or Leelee of Lothlorien.
PMEmail Poster               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 08-Feb-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Thanks my Lord, I appreciate your understanding.

Maybe you would be demoralized if every member of certain Clan had attacked you with no reason. Six or seven against one.

I would like to accept your offer, to deal with real Knights but unfortunately the cowards hidden by the nights destroyed everything and now I have just a bunch of soldiers as I wrote before.

Maybe later WE can play a fair game.

Thanks again.

tallerlacuba
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Leelee 
  Posted: 09-Feb-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

I'll still offer myself up to either Showann of Sherwood or Leelee of Lothlorien.

Say What!!!! ohmy.gif How did I get included in this???? You just may regret these words that you have spoken LOL wink.gif
PM               
ridgeback77 
  Posted: 09-Feb-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Say What!!!!  How did I get included in this???? You just may regret these words that you have spoken LOL

Well you're now ahead of me in the rankings, and I'm pretty sure I could take you out. Care to find out if that's the case?
PMEmail Poster               
MacDonnchaidh 
Posted: 09-Feb-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Stoughton, MA

male

Well you're now ahead of me in the rankings, and I'm pretty sure I could take you out.

Now I may be taking this out of context, but them sounds like courtin' words! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Glory is the Reward of Valour ~ Robertson Motto

For Faith, For Service to Humanity ~ Knights Hospitaller Motto

Am fear is tiuighe clairgeann se ‘s lugha eanchainn.
He who has the thickest skull has the smallest brain.
PMEmail Poster               
ridgeback77 
Posted: 09-Feb-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Mind. Gutter. OUT.
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
  Posted: 09-Feb-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

MacDonnchaidh Posted on 09-Feb-2010, 09:15 AM
Well you're now ahead of me in the rankings, and I'm pretty sure I could take you out.

Now I may be taking this out of context, but them sounds like courtin' words!

My dear Lord MacDonnchaidh, I fear there is a great misunderstanding here sleep.gif Lord Ridgeback77 was merely challenging me to a wee battle *mmpphh*, a minor technicality.

May I say, Lord, be wary....don't read between the lines....it can get you in trouble rolleyes.gif LOL!!!! laugh.gif
PM               
McRoach 
Posted: 10-Feb-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
510,339 Gold!

QUOTE (Leelee @ 09-Feb-2010, 08:56 PM)
MacDonnchaidh Posted on 09-Feb-2010, 09:15 AM

May I say, Lord, be wary....don't read between the lines....it can get you in trouble rolleyes.gif LOL!!!! laugh.gif

Might this be our first MK challenge? I may interested in making a wager on this one. sly.gif
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]