ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
165,834 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

*SIGH* bash.gif

I grow so very tired of just building away that it's gotten to the point that I yearn to see some blue letters when I login to my account in the hopes that someone, something has happened. But alas, I see the same old boring thing everyday.

Lets take care of that shall we?

I propose one of you challenge me to a battle simulation. One army, one attack, winner wins, and we go about our merry way. Just something to pass the time and make me feel like I'm doing something for Pete's sake.

A full scale attack would obviously be unwise as it would leave one open to attacks while weakened. But we could plan this out down to the day, number of troops, etc.. and just have at it, it could be alot of fun. Maybe enough to even do again sometime.

Obviously, this means I will have to be challenged by a clan member I'm currently in an alliance with. But this is no war, 'tis but a friendly game between kings/queens if you will.

So who's game? Subhuman, this sounds like your kinda thing, what say you? Anyone else? We could make a big event out of it even and have a "war games day" for a little sporting competition between a few of us.

Lets make this happen...

--------------------
Slàinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 11-Jan-2009, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (olorin @ 11-Jan-2009, 07:52 AM)
*SIGH*  bash.gif

I grow so very tired of just building away that it's gotten to the point that I yearn to see some blue letters when I login to my account in the hopes that someone, something has happened. But alas, I see the same old boring thing everyday.

Lets take care of that shall we?

I propose one of you challenge me to a battle simulation. One army, one attack, winner wins, and we go about our merry way. Just something to pass the time and make me feel like I'm doing something for Pete's sake.

A full scale attack would obviously be unwise as it would leave one open to attacks while weakened. But we could plan this out down to the day, number of troops, etc.. and just have at it, it could be alot of fun. Maybe enough to even do again sometime.

Obviously, this means I will have to be challenged by a clan member I'm currently in an alliance with. But this is no war, 'tis but a friendly game between kings/queens  if you will.

So who's game? Subhuman, this sounds like your kinda thing, what say you? Anyone else? We could make a big event out of it even and have a "war games day" for a little sporting competition between a few of us.

Lets make this happen...

Why my lord!!!!

This is "child" play or playing safe if you prefer my lord...it seems that some are afraid of "challenging" the MacInnes....somehow...hmmmm!!! I wonder why is that after all it's a war game and in all real wars...well there was always "treachery" and "conspiracy" so then alliances would go up in smoke very fast...

After all the Bruce himself was one "treacherous" bastard for he played in two camps to get what he wanted... wink.gif

Are you afraid of an all time brawl???? naughty.gif yes.gif

A full scale attack would obviously be unwise as it would leave one open to attacks while weakened.

Lady of Avalon (sigh) hypocrite.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
olorin 
Posted: 11-Jan-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
165,834 Gold!

Ah ha, it seems I have sparked some interest indeed. Good...very good. Looks like we all are hungry for a little action. thumbs_up.gif

Lady Avalon, our dear queen. I am not afraid of a battle at all and would be happy to have a go at you. However I wish to wait and see what responses we get in this thread. Wouldn't it be more fun to have an all out brawl between several?? Strategies would change drastically in a situation of such.

Alas though, as I said I fear not. Though your armies appear to be larger than mine I would welcome the chance to have an all out battle with you. I very well may lose but at this point that matters not. I grow bored with the game and I'm afraid if I don't do something soon I will wind up leaving alltogether, (even if it means dropping down the leader board and losing several positions). The big differnece is....I wont cry about it, I will on the contrary enjoy the battle to it's upmost!!

Once all parties involved are sorted some ground rules should still be in order of course. When we do battle I feel it should be seperated from our clans alliances and be considered a match between foes and not kingdoms or clans. Fair enough?

Let us give this thread a couple of days to spur some opinion and see where it goes.

I await with great anticipation the upcoming battles! boff.gif
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 11-Jan-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Wise, VA

male

Treacherous bastard indeed, but one who gave Scotland their freedom in the end. I'd say that trumps anything anyone could have done. I think Scotland has forgiven the Bruce for doing so as they pretty much claim him the greatest in Scotland history possibly second to the great patriot William Wallace.
I will not take that as an insult to a family name my lady wink.gif

This sounds like a decent idea, AS LONG as those involved do not take it personal as it has seemed to happen in the past when attacks are made and also it not break any ties that have been made not be broken.

You say people are afraid of challenging MacInnes clan but you fail to recognize that there are some just honoring a treaty and a friendship, while the others here choose to do nothing but watch and horde in the goods of no labor. I recently unsuccessfully tried to unassign all of my workers to make it down in score to reach some of these wasteful players but could not attack them because it was not worth my time. I too grow weary of the game being boring here lately. This might be some fun

--------------------
ALBA GU BRATH
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 01:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

I'm not sure what you mean by using the word "simulation" in this. I don't see any way to do a true simulation of a battle.
The attacker could agree to not send any slavers or siege engines, but that would leave his troops to be slaughtered by the defender's guard towers. I don't know of any way to prevent guard towers from taking part in defense.

The only "fair" way to do it would to meet on a neutral field of battle, which the game does not give us an option for.

However, that being said- yes the boredom is mounting. This is why this type of game usually resets periodically.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
olorin 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 03:17 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
165,834 Gold!

Ah Subhuman, you see my friend a "battle for the hell of it" will never make any sense if you try to make sense of it; It merely is what it is.

The only thing one could do is use an honor system and everyone debate on the army size and scope of the attack....or we could just say what the hell and try to take each other out cool.gif

It's completly proposterous, I love it. gunsmilie.gif
LadyOfAvalon 
  Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Shenaniganz247 @ 11-Jan-2009, 10:29 PM)
Treacherous bastard indeed, but one who gave Scotland their freedom in the end.   I'd say that trumps anything anyone could have done.   I think Scotland has forgiven the Bruce for doing so as they pretty much claim him the greatest in Scotland history possibly second to the great patriot William Wallace.
I will not take that as an insult to a family name my lady wink.gif

This sounds like a decent idea, AS LONG as those involved do not take it personal as it has seemed to happen in the past when attacks are made and also it not break any ties that have been made not be broken.

You say people are afraid of challenging MacInnes clan but you fail to recognize that there are some just honoring a treaty and a friendship, while the others here choose to do nothing but watch and horde in the goods of no labor.

My dear Lord Shenaninganz...do you have dust in one of your eyes sir???? I see one of them is closed...or is it a nervous tic??? I know some people when annoyed are developping this kind of funny behaviour with their eyes...hmmmm!!!

We all know that the Scots were and are still full of themselves and scotch for that matter and sometimes can't think clearly...yes he was probably forgiven his "treachery" but not before he had to prove his worth and he was probably forgiven as well because of the treatment given to his family by Edward (Longshank)....
So,he was like it or not a "treacherous" bastard...
The Bruce had originally sworn fealty (allegiance) to the English king too but changed sides as Wallace became recognized as the leader of the Scottish armies by virtue of his various successes against the English.
However as the success of Wallace waned, Bruce once more switched his allegiance, along with many more of the Scottish Lords who originally joined Wallace, back to the English King.
..Oh!Oh!Oh! ohmy.gif Thus brought down the real "deliverer" of Scotland... rolleyes.gif....Okay enough history....

Ah! yes we were talking about an all time "brawl" let's see yes...
AS LONG as those involved do not take it personal as it has seemed to happen in the past when attacks are made
I cannot agree more with you with your statement here my lord...indeed crybabies crybaby.gif can stay in their diapers for all I care and suck their thumbs in their cribs... war zones gunsmilie.gif are not kindergarden thus no place for babies...so crybabies consider yourselves warned!!!!!

also it not break any ties that have been made not be broken.

War is war my lord...I guess in an "all time" brawl and we all go for the "Blazes of Glory" much can happen...

QUOTE (olorin @ 12 jan-2009 @ 04:17 AM)
or we could just say what the hell and try to take each other out 
It's completly proposterous, I love it. 

Personnally, I certainly "relish" that idea....let's do something completely proposterous...and have fun...that way some of us will certainly go down and it'll give the chance for others to "experience" attacks and go up while we the "poor wounded" will rebuild and try to get them down in return...

QUOTE (olorin @ 12 jan-2009 @ 04:17 AM)
"battle for the hell of it" will never make any sense if you try to make sense of it; It merely is what it is.

Again I agree...let's leave the "analysis" shall we and have "plain old fun" for Godsake...like kids in a snow fortress and throw snow balls at each other and get hit right in the face for the fun of it....that's fun....

Now, let's see what the others have to say...come on people...clan leaders and their followers...what say ye????? gossip.gif gossip.gif Isn't it time for action? drool.gif

Oh! dear even the Queen is drooling...tsk...I guess I'll have to wear a "Royal Bib" over my armour!!!! king.gif

Lady of Avalon
valpal59 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Aye my queen. The game has gotten boring. Let the action begin. starwars.gif

Lady Valpal59

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
MacDonnchaidh 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Stoughton, MA

male

After all the Bruce himself was one "treacherous" bastard for he played in two camps to get what he wanted...

Is that anyway to talk of the King and ruler of Scotland? Or are you just a lowlander english boot-licker? You're not a Campbell by any chance are you?

..Oh!Oh!Oh!  Thus brought down the real "deliverer" of Scotland... ....Okay enough history....

You seem to have forgotten one battle.... oh what was the name? Oh yes..... BANNOCKBURN!!!!

I cannot agree more with you with your statement here my lord...indeed crybabies  can stay in their diapers for all I care and suck their thumbs in their cribs... war zones  are not kindergarden thus no place for babies...so crybabies consider yourselves warned!!!!!

Pride leadeth to destruction... your majesty. The clan MacInnes may be an old family but the Clan Bruce is ROYALTY!

Now, let's see what the others have to say...come on people...clan leaders and their followers...what say ye?????

I say noone can bring down the rightful King of Celticradio, KING SHENANIGANZ the BRUCE!!!
BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE!...................................

--------------------
Glory is the Reward of Valour ~ Robertson Motto

For Faith, For Service to Humanity ~ Knights Hospitaller Motto

Am fear is tiuighe clairgeann se ‘s lugha eanchainn.
He who has the thickest skull has the smallest brain.
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Well then, if we're willing to drop the misleading term "simulation" sure, why not. smile.gif

If we're going to do this in a semi-honorable fashion (as much as possible with war, and all...) how shall we agree to go about this?

For starters, I'd be willing to agree to go one-on-one versus anybody here. I don't think anyone is foolish enough to agree to take on all 21 members of MacInnes alone for example.

.come on people...clan leaders and their followers...what say ye?????

You raise a good point about Clan Leaders. Our treaty is between myself (head of UDB) and stevenpd (head of MacInnes) so I would like to hear from him before anything transpires between myself and any MacInnes members.

P.S. TheCarolinaScotsman is the real military threat from MacInnes; anyone doing any recon should already know this however. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,629 Gold!

QUOTE (subhuman @ 12-Jan-2009, 02:01 PM)

P.S. TheCarolinaScotsman is the real military threat from MacInnes; anyone doing any recon should already know this however. smile.gif

Lord Subhuman, I'm flattered, but surely there are others much more threatening than I am. I'm just a peace loving old man. smile.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Is that anyway to talk of the King and ruler of Scotland? Or are you just a lowlander english boot-licker? You're not a Campbell by any chance are you?
You seem to have forgotten one battle.... oh what was the name? Oh yes..... BANNOCKBURN!!!!
Pride leadeth to destruction... your majesty. The clan MacInnes may be an old family but the Clan Bruce is ROYALTY!
I say noone can bring down the rightful King of Celticradio, KING SHENANIGANZ the BRUCE!!!
BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE! BRUCE!...................................

Is that anyway to talk of the King and ruler of Scotland?
I am the Queen therefore it my Royal right to speak in any way I want from another monarch...who was a "treacherous bastard"!!!!

Or are you just a lowlander english boot-licker?

Hmmm! If so then you have just insulted your own clan leader as well my lord for I think here was his own words >>> Treacherous bastard indeed <<<
And as far as being a "lowlander english boot-licker" as you call me then coming from a subject that speaks so towards her Queen deserve no less then "a good kick in the behind" for any worthy Queen or King would not steep as low as to lick anyone's boot...not even yours!!!!
For a knight you seem to put yours often in your own mouth my lord!!!

You're not a Campbell by any chance are you?
No my dear Lord...I am not...I'm of the same cloth of King William the Conqueror ...a bastardess smile.gif ... whom by the way the first Robert the Brus was a follower... and they were from Normandy, France.
And I'm not here to "educate" you in history my lord please do it on your own.

And lastly,,,please explain this one for I don't how it is relevant to my post when I say that I agree with what your clan leader stated...What is pride has to do as the MacInnes and the Bruce being royalties????

Again, I sense bits of a threat undertone here towards myself and my clan again my lord ...if you would have taken the time to read my posts OBJECTIVELY, you would have read that all of my posts are written in good humour and fun...

Strike two...

Lady of Avalon
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I don't know if you "simulation" has tomething to do with Lord McDonald's (or something that way) unprovocked attack.

Why don't you "simulate" a battle against some kingdom with army?

Good "battle"

This has a name...

but I know you can imagine it.

Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MacDonnchaidh 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Stoughton, MA

male

you would have read that all of my posts are written in good humour and fun...

As are mine biggrin.gif even if they do not read that way. This is just a game, I enjoy getting in the mindset of any game, particulary medieval age games. Of course I realize I stick my foot in my mouth, I do it all the time in real life..... (also due to the fact that I need more coffee in my system smile.gif ).

And lastly,,,please explain this one for I don't how it is relevant to my post when I say that I agree with what your clan leader stated...What is pride has to do as the MacInnes and the Bruce being royalties????

To be honest I confused myself with that one, it didn't fit there after that quote of your's I used, again the coffee issue had some effect there.
whom by the way the first Robert the Brus was a followeer... and they were from Normandy, France.

I was not speaking of the original Bruce nor were you, we were talking about the Robert Bruce, Earl of Carrick.

I am the Queen therefore it my Royal right to speak in any way I want from another monarch...who was a "treacherous bastard"!!!!

I have nothing to add to this other than, "of another monarch" would have been better grammar than "from another monarch" biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 12-Jan-2009, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (MacDonnchaidh @ 12-Jan-2009, 04:34 PM)
As are mine  biggrin.gif even if they do not read that way. This is just a game, I enjoy getting in the mindset of any game, particulary medieval age games. Of course I realize I stick my foot in my mouth, I do it all the time in real life..... (also due to the fact that I need more coffee in my system smile.gif ).

To be honest I confused myself with that one, it didn't fit there after that quote of your's I used, again the coffee issue had some effect there.

I was not speaking of the original Bruce nor were you, we were talking about the Robert Bruce, Earl of Carrick.

I have nothing to add to this other than, "of another monarch" would have been better grammar than "from another monarch" biggrin.gif

lol.gif lol.gif I needed a good laugh my lord....thank you!!!!There my lord have one or two on me...msncoffecup.gif msncoffecup.gif

Well you see my lord I'm french speaking...so you'll find A LOT of grammar mistakes in these forums...je m'excuse!!! tongue.gif king.gif

Lady of Avalon smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]