Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Hawthorn

Birthday: 29-May-1958
Total Posts: 52
Realm: Hagerstown,Md

Firefighting, playing the pipes,hunting

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Date: 28-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Forum Guides

Date: 18-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 16-Mar-2024
By: CelticRadio
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 14-Mar-2024

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 11-Mar-2024
By: KelticKouple

Date: 11-Mar-2024
By: KelticKouple
Forum: Family History & Clans

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries

Add Entry   

The Hardest thing I will ever do
Posted by capttrk1 on Jul 10th, 2008 2:49 AM
Mom passed away the other day ,I just seen her on Thursday she said she wanted to go home ,Dad told her she was leaving the hospital as soon as he got a bed and oxygen home. Which would be on Monday , Dad left for a min. to talk to a nurse/social worker, mom and I talked for awhile ,she's looking frail , her arms all black and blue from the IV's she had over the past week. I kissed her ,told her I Loved her and had to leave to go home . Sunday night at work ,I got a call to come right away ,which my wife {Joanie } and I did ,took us 5 hrs of driving to get there , they told me she sent everyone home at 11:30 after giving her Morphine and a priest said last last rites.At 5:01Mom left us to go home. The day of the funeral I dressed in kilt and took the pipes. Outside the church I stood by a giant cross .With all that was in me played the pipes as they carried her passed me the song Going Home, after the mass as she passed me for the last time as I stood in the same spot while playing Amazing Grace. Mom its true the you were with me and pipes rose you up to Home , fore they never sounded or will sound as beautiful as that moment . You will be missed but when I play the pipes I will feel you with me. Love you MOM ,Rest in Peace and Thank You

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

fall
Posted by capttrk1 on Oct 12th, 2004 2:36 AM
the leaves are turning ,there is a crisp nip in the air, the woodland animals are busy getting ready for winter, the days grow short ,my favorite time of year hot cup of tea and a sugar cookie or two;sitting here remembering of past times ,when the kids were young Joanie and I would take them pumpkin picking but they are grown outgoing young adults now and don't have time for such foolishness.One day they too will be sitting where I am now and hopefully writing such as I do now,with fond memories and thinking about the love and the joy their own families have given them.

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

may the sound of the pipes make your blood boil and rise you up
my brothers. 9/11 Never Forget

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!