Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Ŕgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

U.S. Army: 7 dead, 20 wounded in Ft. Hood shooting

Reporting is unclear on who is responsible. If this is a terrorist attack will we ever hear the whole story?

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Ŕgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Update:

12 dead (including shooter, armed with two handguns), 31 wounded. Shooter was a soldier, 2 other soldiers in custody as suspects.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Ŕgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

The suspected gunman was identified by ABC News as Major Malik Nadal Hasan.
Patch 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Interesting. The media may force this information to be made available to the public.

It is sad that this happened. I believe a similar attack occurred at a base in the middle east.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Ŕgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Some in the Press are implying that this is just another case of SJS (Sudden Jihad Syndrome). The suspected (now deceased) shooter was a physiatrist. I guess that would imply that he was crazier than his patients.

This is an example that even if you are in a group of trained soldiers (some of whom may have been combat veterans) you are still just sheep when the assailant is armed and you aren't
Camac
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

My heartfelt condolences go out to the American People and especially to the Families and the Loved Ones of those so treacherously murdered. All soldiers know that they may one day have to pay the ultimate price but that is on the Battlefield not a processing centre on ones Home Base. The Major, a Muslim who slaughter these unwary victims committed one of the most despicable acts of cowardice ever. Remembrance Day is 6 days away and on that day as I stand in formation before the Cenotaph I will Honour all those who fell this day.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET.

Camac.

Jillian 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Thank you Camac.

I feel for the honorable Mideasterner that is serving in the military. They will likely be held suspect by their comrades and carry the burdens of this coward.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

You are right. I just heard that he was an army psychologist or psychiatrist. I will reserve judgement until more is known though this bears watching for numerous reasons.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Jillian;

Some times I doubt that the Muslims know the meaning of the word HONOUR for if they did they would not stoop to barbarity like this.

Camac

Patch 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I went to school with a person who became a psychiatrist. I was shocked to hear some years later that he had committed suicide and was told it was attributed to "transferring" the stress and ailments of his patients to himself.

I suppose there are many possible reasons for this happening but it raises suspicion whey they arrest two possible accomplices.

Slàinte,   

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 05-Nov-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Ŕgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Update: Per Lt. General Cone, Commander III Corps: Maj. Hasan is still alive and in custody. The female Civilian Base Police Officer who stopped him is also still alive.

The current casualty count is still 12 dead, 31 wounded.

Sean Hannity interviewed a retired Colonel who knows this guy and he has appearrently had an pro-muslim anti-US attitude since 9/11/2001. Why was this guy still in the military? Political Correctness run amuck?
Patch 
Posted: 06-Nov-2009, 01:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

So much for any other possibilities. It now appears that he became radical in his beliefs and equated suicide attacks with military heroism.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 06-Nov-2009, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I heard the 13th person has passed away. What I want to know is how this man slipped through the cracks. Is everyone so afraid of profiling that we now have this to look forward to? My gosh it sounded like there were all kinds of red flags.

Jillian 
Posted: 06-Nov-2009, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Jillian;

Some times I doubt that the Muslims know the meaning of the word HONOUR for if they did they would not stoop to barbarity like this.---Camac

You're right Camac--if he was Muslim. And if he was...now more than ever we need Muslims to stand up and publicly denounce this atrocity.

I went to school with a person who became a psychiatrist. I was shocked to hear some years later that he had committed suicide and was told it was attributed to "transferring" the stress and ailments of his patients to himself.

I suppose there are many possible reasons for this happening but it raises suspicion whey they arrest two possible accomplices.--Patch

Aside from transference or vicarious traumatization, it should also be considered that the "psychiatrist" may have gone into the career field because he sought to "overcome" or "gain control" of emotions and maladaptive behaviors he experienced throughout his life - and the transference or vicarious traumatization was the icing on the cake.

Jillian

Patch 
Posted: 06-Nov-2009, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Jillian:

It IS time for Muslims to denounce the radical portion of their religion. It certainly has been silent on their part though.

The kid I went to school with was a bit strange and could easily have had issues to work out. Back then though I am certain the older folk thought we kids all had issues.

Today they have decided that there is no conspiracy but admitted the man was "praising Allah" as he killed people. That tells it all for me!

My Muslim neighbor was up late partying with his Muslim friends and family last night. I would hope that this incident was not the occasion for the party.

I suspect the military was being PC and failed to react to the warnings. I would not want to be a Muslim in combat now. Throughout the history of warfare, "accidents" have happened and for the most part, they have been overlooked. No soldier wants to worry about his fellow troops turning on him in a fire fight. The enemy provides enough stress!

Slàinte,    

Patch   

PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]