Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

*lol* Aaed =)

I had the weirdest Art teacher you can imagine.. she was quite old and very thin and always wore those semi-transparent fluttering dresses (Mrs. Kiss (pronounced: kish) and she often would do the arts class outside, which I didn't mind at all... but then she would stand in the sun, so it would shine right through her colorful fluttery dresses ... she did not wear bra's and such *frowns*
That woman was a sight that would freeze the blood in everybody's veines...

Well, anyway, one day she just vanished. Never came to our arts lessons and rumour was that she was thrown off the school... sometimes you here rumours about Kiss-sightings in Düsseldorf...... *shudders*
She was alright personally, always being up in other spheres maybe but she would let you do what you wanted.. I did some really good oil paintings in her class and used to get the highest marks for them.. but she had a very weird smell around her and that habit of semi-transparent clothes.... *blinks*

She made everyone nervous happy.gif

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Well it certainly takes all kinds to make the world go around. Hope you got something out of the class.

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Dec 24 2003, 12:15 PM)
We used to call my English Teacher.. "The Dragon" wink.gif

One stupid thing said and she's almost spit fire on you!

I worked with a teacher the kids called the dragon lady. She was too! Scared me......the kids would come hide in my room from her. laugh.gif lol.gif The woman could spit flames across the room. Singed my hair a couple of times. Sorry for any student who has to endure that on newyear.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Dec 24 2003, 03:45 PM)
*lol* Aaed =)

I had the weirdest Art teacher you can imagine.. she was quite old and very thin and always wore those semi-transparent fluttering dresses (Mrs. Kiss (pronounced: kish) and she often would do the arts class outside, which I didn't mind at all... but then she would stand in the sun, so it would shine right through her colorful fluttery dresses ... she did not wear bra's and such *frowns*
That woman was a sight that would freeze the blood in everybody's veines...

Well, anyway, one day she just vanished. Never came to our arts lessons and rumour was that she was thrown off the school... sometimes you here rumours about Kiss-sightings in Düsseldorf...... *shudders*
She was alright personally, always being up in other spheres maybe but she would let you do what you wanted.. I did some really good oil paintings in her class and used to get the highest marks for them.. but she had a very weird smell around her and that habit of semi-transparent clothes.... *blinks*

She made everyone nervous happy.gif

*shudder* You account of the dear' lady will give me nightmares. I too hope you learned something from the class since you had to endure it. lol.gif
peckery 
Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Does she think she is a witch????? If she does she is a whack job and would be better suited working for the U.S. Postal service. I believe in somethings...and I belive I will now eat dinner.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

*lol* she did give me nightmares.. well both of them.. my english teacher was famed for her "BBQ's", single-grillings of poor students..
PMEmail Poster               
Finnvar 
Posted: 25-Dec-2003, 03:09 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Jacksonville Beach Fla

male

To me it dose not mater what there belief are as long as the are doing there job
The Celtic Shaman cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
  Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Group:
ZodiacBirch

In Southern California, as in many places, diversity is the rule. It's not like we can hide from it, there are literally whole mini-nations of different folks here. In college for the last couple of years, there has been an undeniable "leftist" shift towards "P.C." attitudes that border on the manic. But in no way does this make us weak or watered down. Our diversity is our strength. I visited a small town in Arkansas for three months in 1992 (St. Joe, for those of you that care...), and I can tell you the people there, baptists one-and-all and nearly all of them of one mind (and race), they were mostly a weak, frightened people...suspicious of outsiders...the whole nine yards. Sometimes it is tiring to hear the leftist dogma...but I'll take it over the conservative approach any day.

And as for the Wiccan teacher...he or she is no different than you in that position. Do your job, and keep out of people's religious affiliation. If Christians aren't allowed to "minister" to you and "bring the good news" to you in public school (and you know they can't stand not being able to...you can't either - I think a Wiccan, and yes I've known a few, they'd be less likely to press the issue as a teacher than another, say, more zealous believer.

Until that day that we move past all this ridiculous silliness...the better. I'm waiting to do my part.
PMEmail Poster               
peckery 
Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Yo there Raving Noah. What area of California do you live in? My wife and I moved to Indianapolis four years ago. I had grown up in South Pasadena and we lived in Pasadena for about 10 years. How we miss the fires, floods, mud slides,riots,15 million close friends and neighbors and the cost of living. After 40 years of that, we were ready for a change. But I am still a Laker fan, a Rams fan and suffering Dodger fan. How bout them Trojans!!! (non latex type) Peckery
PMEmail Poster               
andylucy 
Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

QUOTE (RavingNoah @ Dec 26 2003, 12:15 AM)
I visited a small town in Arkansas for three months in 1992 (St. Joe, for those of you that care...), and I can tell you the people there, baptists one-and-all and nearly all of them of one mind (and race), they were mostly a weak, frightened people...suspicious of outsiders...the whole nine yards.  Sometimes it is tiring to hear the leftist dogma...but I'll take it over the conservative approach any day.

First of all, if you went into a small Southern community with the kind of attitude you have evinced here, it is no small wonder you were frozen out of every part of life there. You speak of tolerance and inclusivity, yet you show the very type of intolerance for differing attitudes that you bemoan. As far as being frightened, no. Not frightened. Just cautious. We've had entirely too many "Left Coasters" come through here spending a couple of weeks telling us how we are backward and ignorant, so pardon us Southerners for not being exactly charitable. No, I'm not from St. Joe, AR, but from a small town in Kentucky like it. Yes, I am conservative, but I appreciate an open mind. Just don't be so open minded that your brain falls out.

QUOTE (RavingNoah @ Dec 26 2003, 12:15 AM)
If Christians aren't allowed to "minister" to you and "bring the good news" to you in public school (and you know they can't stand not being able to...you can't either

If someone wants to hear about my faith, I discuss it with them. If not, I usually stick to how Arsenal will probably win the Barclaycard Cup this year. There are pushy Christians, just like there are pushy people in every other religious affiliation. And just for the record, no, I don't care what religious affiliation a teacher in public school is, so long as they don't push their faith on the children. It is all moot for my kids as they all go to parochial school. biggrin.gif Chill dude.

Just my tuppence.

Andy

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

No, I'm not from St. Joe, AR, but from a small town in Kentucky like it. Yes, I am conservative, but I appreciate an open mind. Just don't be so open minded that your brain falls out.

Andylucy,

I had to laugh at this statement. lol.gif Believe me, I was laughing in agreement.

Ravingnoah,

As a Southern girl, I have lived in small towns and so, so large cities and found that a small tight-knit community doesn't equal strange or "Leftis" attitudes. I don't understand why do we have to lable others.
As for the national polls go it is said that the majority in this country are somewhat conservitive and hold true to a Christian belief or a belief in God. The difference is the ACLU and groups like it have the big bucks behind them and are going into middle America and attacking their beliefs with crazy lawsuits (for instance the Ten Commandments in Alabama, Nativity Scenes in town squares, and prayer before a Football game). It is the "Minority" who are superopposing their will on the Majority. These "types" say they are open-minded and shout tolerance, but they themselves unwilling to be tolerant. So it shouldn't be a shocker when a stranger goes into a small town and they are welcomed with skeptism.

As for your view of Christians wanting to push or teach their views in the Public School system, I think your hoaky (this is meant as a term of endearment). I attended public schools before "God" and "Prayer" were dirty words or P. Incorrect and no teacher or adminstrator ever pushed their Christian beliefs on me or my classmates. But I have seen where a teacher was attacked by a lawsuit because she read her Bible on her lunch hour. We in this country scream tolerance and Religious Freedom as long as we can dictate who has that freedom!

Now for my opinion of the Wiccan Teacher...as long as she is not pushing or influences her students by her personal beliefs...who would ever know or care? I wouldn't!

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

hehe, I can relate to it, I grew up in a very conservative neighbourhood (mostly elderly ppl though).. arch-catholic and sort of the typical German attitudes (like garden-gnomes and such).
It had advantages as well as disadvantages though. When you grow up in a tight-knitted community you get to know your neighbours and they look after you, but in my example people have a hard time accepting that I am different.. *rolls eyes*
I get along fine with alot of them... but they seemed to have problems with seeing me change into the person I am now...

But I think things as you described Roisin, would not happen. Germans are meticolously correct about anything. Reading a bible at lunchbreak would make no problems with anybody as long as she doesn't influence children in her regular classes.
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Dec 24 2003, 07:58 PM)
*lol* she did give me nightmares.. well both of them.. my english teacher was famed for her "BBQ's", single-grillings of poor students..

I have a couple students I'd like to "refer" to your old English teacher!!! laugh.gif lol.gif Frightening little boogers angel_not.gif
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ Dec 26 2003, 12:01 PM)
Now for my opinion of the Wiccan Teacher...as long as she is not pushing or influences her students by her personal beliefs...who would ever know or care? I wouldn't!

Here! Here! I have to agree! I don't have time to 'inflict' my opinions on my students. It's all I can do to get them the material and try to get them to use the portion of their heads that is between their ears. lol.gif That's a real task. Wish life weren't so complicated and prejudiced!
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 27-Dec-2003, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

The Dragon is retired now.. she used to live near to me.. in her spare time she was as tame as a kitten
I personally liked her, nobody else did though I think happy.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]