Patch 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

An office worker cleaning a refrigerator full of rotten food created an odor so bad that it sent seven employees to the hospital and made many others ill. Fire fighters evacuated the office building in downtown San Joseon Tuesday, after the fumes prompted someone to call 911. A hazerdous material team was even called.

I have had things "turn" in my refrigerator but NEVER was it that bad!! I would have junked the refrigerator!! The employee cleaning the refrigerator had no sense of smell. The cleaning chemicals probably contributed.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

It really questions the employees doesn't it? I have had friends go on vacation and have a freezer die but a frig in a workplace has to have been passed by often enough!

But then again the way some people leave the kitchen or break room, there are alot of new strains of penicillin growing. biggrin.gif

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I buy food that sometimes migrates to the back of the refrigerator but about the worst that has happened is that cucumbers have "de-constructed" or a bit of mold has grown.

Any thing more and my stomach would not have handled that. When my kids were little, I bought a canister type carpet cleaner just to clean up when they threw up. Otherwise we would all have "up-chucked" as a family!

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
lschillinger 
Posted: 13-May-2009, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

I work in a small office (about 13 of us here) So its a bit like a small family...and as families go no one cleans up after themselves!

People like to bring in whole grocery sacks of food to eat from for the next week or so...problem is they just leave them in there for the next six months or so. Eventually I usually end up having to clean out our fridge here and I have seen some nasty nasty nasty things! I am very into reusing things, but I usually have to end up throwing away nice containers for fear of opening the lids! I can imagine that could be what happened in this case. Trying to empty the food and save the containers. That would create a horrible smell. We had some forgotten pasta dish in there for a long time.....it was in a take out box, and when I tossed it it smelled up the whole office....thankfully it was just moldy marinara!

--------------------
COURAGE GROWS STRONG AT THE WOUND

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."

“Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.”

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
flora 
Posted: 13-May-2009, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

It reminds me of the Casey Anthony case here in Florida. There was "old pizza" smell in the back of the car and they thought there was a possibility that it was a "dead body" smell. Where is the CSI when you need them?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-May-2009, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Old pizza smells like rotting flesh? I guess your humidity could cause it to react differently. At my house, any leftover pizza just gets hard as a rock. If it didn't give my dog gas, he could use it as a "rawhide chew". When he eats human food, one of us has to leave the house!

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]