Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Islam
tsargent62 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Islam

It's a word that means different things to different people. Right this very moment you may be experiencing a reaction to the word.

Thoughts?

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 16-Dec-2007, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

C'mon folks! I see a lot of discussion on a number of religions on this forum.

Let me clarify something. I am not a Muslim. After talking to some Muslim coworkers I decided to investigate it and very nearly converted. I learned a lot about Islam and the similarities it has with Christianity.

1) Muslims revere Jesus (Josa in Arabic) and believe in his immaculate conception.
2) Muslims believe that Jesus will return and preside over judgment.
3) Muslims believe that Jesus was the messiah of the Jews.

The difference is that according to Islam, Jesus was not crucified or ever died, but was taken up to heaven in his physical form.

Another difference is that they do not believe in the Trinity. They believe that there is only 1 God and he needs no partners.

And, of course, there is Mohammad. He is believed to be the last of the prophets. Mohammad wrote the Quran.

Allah is the Arabic word for God. It is, however, a very specific word. In English, the word god can mean many things, depending on context and capitalization. But in Arabic, the word Allah can only refer to the one God, the God of Abraham. Allah is not a name, but a very specific word used to refer to and call out to Almighty God.

So, now I have clarified some things and possibly supplied some answers you may have had about Islam. So let's talk. There have to be some things we can discuss.
PMEmail Poster               
Bladorteen 
Posted: 10-Nov-2008, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

male

Islam is not a common religion - it is like a contrast to the western world, it's culture, values. Of course it have it's + and -, but as a "religion" it hasn't lost it meaning yet -)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]