Aaediwen's Journal

Index -> Journal-> Back to the land of the day ball!

Journal Entry

Add Entry   

Back to the land of the day ball!
Posted by Aaediwen on Nov 24th, 2004 4:13 AM
Getting ready to start my second day back on day shift. I've finally flown the nest and left my friends on nights. I'll miss them and all, but it wasn't giving me any time for a life outside of work. Whenever I was up and not at work, everyone I knew was sleeping (Asside from a few minutes in the mornings after work when I might catch Irish Stepper online)

Didn't prove very good for writing either, with no stimuli. Also, If I wanted to do anything, it ment a couple of days to readjust schedules. I've tried nights and decided I don't like the shift. I could do it for a couple weeks at a time if needed, but it's not for me on the long term. That, is what I wanted to find out when I first went to Night Hawk. Would I like night shift. The answer is, "not really"

It's funny too, how one isn't informed of anything until the last minute. I found out at 21:00 Monday that I was due to be in at 08:00 tuesday, after I'd been sleeping all day in prep for returning to work at 20:00 Tuesday. Could be a good thing though. Probably helped me get through the day. Also, with the hiliday right here, I was wondering if I was going to be able to get it off. I asked about it and was told that not only could I get it off, but Thursday AND Friday were completely my choice! NICE! Thursday was no question, I'm going to Grandma's, end of discussion, you can keep the $1000000 your trying to bribe me to work with. I'm going. Friday was up in the air though. Decided it take it off too. Considering switching schedules and the work-related stress I've had thanks to this whole deal over the last week. Besides, mom will be off too smile.gif

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Nightshift
Posted by UrchinGirl on Nov 24th, 2004 8:38 AM
Man, the nightshift is no joke. My ex-boyfriend was working for Freight Handlers Inc. on third. He had no time for anything, let alone himself. He'd wake up, go to work, get off, go to sleep. Repeat. Congratulations on escaping the vicious cycle! Nights can be quite depressive when that's all you can do.

As always I remian,
The Urchin: Anna

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!