Posted: 25-Jan-2006, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

*bounce* my tickets arrived today for the CTL concert I'm going to the end of February!!!! I only hope Heidi Talbot is still singing with the group. I hear she's been looking at moving to Ireland to continue her studies.

I have to admit I get hooked on several bands that I see at the Milwaukee Irish Fest every year...CTL being one of my favorites of those I have seen, I can't wait to see them perform again. There's something magical about Joanie and the ladies that I can't put my finger on but every show is simply amazing.

Anyone else see them yet or am I one of the few?

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
waltcamp45 
Posted: 27-Jan-2006, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Seattle

male

Haven't seen them yet, but would like to. It seems as if they go through vocalists rather quickly. In fact, a lot of the ladies seem to come and go -- who other than Joannie are the "core" members of the group?

Walt
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
blackcloud1129 
Posted: 28-Jan-2006, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Hudson Valley

male

It seems like about 10 years ago I saw them(a long time ago anyway). I did enjoy them. Joanie joins the WFUV public radio fund raising radiothons, when she comes she brings a lot of energy and really gets people pleadging. She is a very dynamic lady.
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 30-Jan-2006, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

if I remember right I think Mary Coogan is the other original member of the group...but yes..the dynamic of the group does change quite a bit. But I think it only goes to prove how many truely talented musicians there are to draw from for this group. Each brings a new texture to their music, and it only improves the group as it goes on.

PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 21-Feb-2006, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

5 days and counting.....Concert is Sunday night in Appleton, WI will be a heck of a drive afterwards and will likely be late for work monday morning but who cares...hehehe...I get to go to a concert. Got great seats too...center of the orchestra seating...11 rows from the front of the stage. Should be much closer than my choices for Celtic Woman was back in October. I should be able to see the ladies actually singing this time.

Anyway I can tell I'm getting really excited about this concert coming up. I dreamt about it last night. The girls dragged me up on stage to sing "Erin Gra Mo Chroi" with them. It was cool except for the fact that I sounded like a bullfrog (at least I thought I did). But seems the rest of the crowd enjoyed it. At least it was only a dream and not likely to actually happen. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Will let you know all about it when I finally show up at work on Monday.
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 27-Feb-2006, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

Well, good news is that my dream wasn't prophetic. I didn't have to sing with the ladies last night... lol.gif

The concert got off to a bit of a late start. The Ladies thought the concert was at 7:30 and not the scheduled 6:30. I always thought 6:30 was a bit of an odd time anyway but oh well. Finally got settled into our seats in a really fabulous venue.

They played many of the songs off the new album "Woman of the House" of which we are fortunate to have here on CR, and I'm fortunate now to have an autographed copy of. Sorry I didn't have more $$ on me though last night I would have gotten another one autographed for MacFive to give away/auction off for funds/etc.

As with any show the bits between the songs were funny. Joanie really is a hoot and Heidi even got in a few zingers. These ladies are really worth the price of admission and you should go and see them if there close by. They'll be on the road until April 1st before taking any lengthy break and then it's likely only to be for a couple of weeks before kicking off the summer festival season and travelling even more.

PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 01-Mar-2006, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Thats cool Senara!
I have to admit I do not know too much about CTL. I'll have to check them out.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]