Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tartan Terrors, thoughts anyone??? care to share??
ArizonaAmy9 
  Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Well...I have to be honest...I don't know if I've ever heard something by the Tartan Terrors...so I am looking for others thoughts....

Has anyone already seen them live? Since they will be coming to the Mesa Highland Games...I thought I should do some checking on them! Please let me know your opinions..... tongue.gif thanks.....

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Amy. I haven't seen them live but everything I have ever heard them play is great.. They are so funny.. I have heard they are even better live..I would say they are a must on your list..
Lucky you! Let me know if you like them.. Is Celtic Rose going?

Its good to see you..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

laugh.gif Amy, go through this thread and it will give you a pretty good idea what you have to look forward to: http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...topic=5168&st=0
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hey Rindy..I think you are right...we are lucky for 2006...now if we can just get CAD within driving distance.....dreaming.....

A Shrule - I should have known to come ask you or Annabelle!! How do you two know so much and so many??? I did read her bit and of course...take you both at your word...so now...I can hardly wait!! I for one would be happy to share our Wicked boys...but they don't ask me!! You already know that I have to make a trip east next year...so I won't feel left out anymore!! That is on the schedule already!!

Thanks for the help guys...now that I've looked through some of their songs...I do know some of them...time to request more though!!!

biggrin.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Your welcome Amy..

On Clann An Drumma what would within driving distance be to you??? I am thinking may be Colorado would be central sort of.. Face it our states are huge and a long ways.
Clann An Drumma did play in Jackson Hole a few years back but it was for a private gig..I would go for Jackson Hole-lol I was just there-my pics are on CAD site under photos and Scottish Festival Jackson Hole if you are interested.

I would go a long ways to see them but don't think I would go to CA. or anything that far..You and Celtic Rose,cynni and I should fly out ..Ya just never know where the road takes you..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Rindy you are SOOO right... I know CA has some really good games there..so that is an option for me...CO too...has CAD been there before? I would go quite a ways...I really think I'd like to go next year to the PA Celtic Fest...it seems like it would be really great to go...plus I've never really been back east. I want to see CZ though too...so...really...we gals should take a road trip! Wouldn't that be great??!! We could call it...the CelticRadio lassies...hit the road or something! Sorry, my clever thinking cap has retired for the evening... rolleyes.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 15-Oct-2005, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 13-Oct-2005, 10:28 PM)

A Shrule - I should have known to come ask you or Annabelle!! How do you two know so much and so many???

As for Annabelle, I would have to say that she has a natural gift of gab and speaks with band members as if she were their sister. She's very open with them, just like she is here.

As for me, I use to book and promote bands and have even put on a few shows. So, being around bands isn't anything new to me. Most bands are regular people and will devote a fair amount of time to the band and their fans. After that, they just want to be able to do their own thing. That's the hardest thing for fans to understand. Lesson is, if you see band members walking around at a fest, wave and say hello and leave it at that. Talk to them after the show, along the stage area.
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 16-Oct-2005, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

weel...I suppose that does explain a lot then...gift of gab comes in handy at times!
Now I see for you...if you've been in that sort of business...you know the in's and out's more than just a normal fan. Still...to be so close to so many great events...I'm a bit green with envy! I'll have to just be happy with the reports you two bring back...and pics of course!! Good thing you two carry the camera at all times!! I sure appreciate those pics!
subhuman 
Posted: 16-Oct-2005, 11:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Amy, go through this thread and it will give you a pretty good idea what you have to look forward to:

Good pictures from last year, but I have one complaint about the first: you managed to get the guy next to me in the pic, but not me. smile.gif
I'm suprised nobody mentioned their website, http://www.tartanterrors.com where among other goodies you can order their live DVD. If you're at all local to the Celtic Classic, you may want to try to catch them at the Pa Renaissance Faire where they are regular performers all season in addition to the annual Celtic Fling held every May (or is it June?)http://www.parenfaire.com It's about an hour drive west of Bethlehem.
I highly recommend the DVD, probably their only skit funnier than "Scotland Depraved" is "If I were not a Terror" which the Celtic Classic wouldn't let them perform. Apparently the warning to the audience that the first few rows is known as the "flash zone" wasn't sufficient.... but enough ranting. Anyone else want this soapbox? I'm done with it for now.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Jan-2006, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I checked out this band's website more thoroughly and they look to be very professional, very entertaining and high class! I am very anxious to see and hear them the end of February and if possible, get some good photos as well to share!

Yep, Rindy! Me and Amy will be at the Mesa games. That is the plan, anyway! wink.gif

As far as CAD or Albannach coming out west, I think it will be a cold day in Hades before they come this far. But...one can always dream, eh? wink.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]