Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Write Our Own Story..., give it a try, it is fun!
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 16-Sep-2005, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Hi everyone. I thought we could give this a try here. I do it on another mb and it is always fun and usually a surprise. All you have to do is: write your own bit to an on-going story. We can relate it to the celtic music/life for a challenge! Just a few sentences and make sure you leave off in a place someone else can pick up at....oh..and be nice, let's not hurt anyone's feelings...with that said...I'll start and see how it goes....

[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]

One day as I sat at my computer listening to CelticRadio.net, I heard the most fantastic song! It was one I'd never heard before so I quickly checked to see who it was. Can you believe my surprise to find out that it was none other than.....

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 17-Sep-2005, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Dougie MacLean! I quidkly did a Google search, trying to find out as much as I could about the album the song was on, such as how much it cost, and where I could find a copy of my own. Amazon.com had a copy, but they were asking...

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Celtic cat 
Posted: 18-Sep-2005, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

$29 for it. I decided to take another route. Maybe someone online has had the same idea and they found a less expensive copy. I emailed all of those folks in the know how. A week later I had received a response from....

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Celtic cat @ 18-Sep-2005, 09:47 PM)
$29 for it. I decided to take another route. Maybe someone online has had the same idea and they found a less expensive copy. I emailed all of those folks in the know how. A week later I had received a response from....

a strange old chap living up on the cliffs of Cape Wrath, friend of a friend of Cù Dubh, said he was a pict and quoted me " Am I blue. . . " in Gaidhlig with an Icelandic accent. But he had the CD and the means to burn a copy, though he had no indoor bath and only a mess of dried fish and sea birds to eat until spring, and he was willing to share. So I returned his e-mail and I told him. . . .
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

that I would love to get a copy of it from him. I asked how much he would like in return. He said that he didn't want money. Instead he would rather have canned food. I thought that an odd request, so I asked what sort of food he liked. He replied....
Celtic cat 
Posted: 20-Sep-2005, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

"He replied..." corn. He also told me he liked peanut butter and lots of it. But he made a specific request that it be the cruncy kind because that is what his feline friends like. I e-mailed him once more and asked him how many cats he had. He said he owns about....
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

....about 30...maybe 40 give or take a few...I wondered to myself how this man on the cliff had so little to eat, so many cats and yet...had a top notch puter at his disposal... I decided it didn't matter, I'd send the canned corn, crunchy peanutbutter too...so long as I could get a copy of that Dougie MacLean cd I wanted so badly. In his next email, he replied the copy was on it's way, there was just one more thing he'd like me to do....Would you mind....
stoirmeil 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

. . . makin' me up about fifty pound o' them cat treats of Dragonboy's, with the liver and cornmeal? me poor moggies get just as bored of the dried fish and gannets as I do. I hope you enjoy the music, friend! Did I tell you how I once met Dougie MacLean myself? It was summer-walking in Sutherland. . ."
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 23-Sep-2005, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

...While I was humming a Runrig song and amazing at the beauty that is Sutherland. When I stopped for my tea I sat upon a boulder and enjoyed a cress and tuna sandwich. Upon me came a gent, a guitar slung over his back. He looked fair starved and I offered him my other half. We sat and ate in the quite peace that can only be found while walking. Then he turned and picked up his guitar, began to strum some quite thing or another. There we sat for an hour maybe more. I got up to leave and nodded to the gent. "Ma name is Dougie, Dougie MacLean." He then told me he was a singer of sorts and I believed that he was for the next I knew he reached into his napsack and pulled out a.......
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-Sep-2005, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

... microphone and proceeded to sing Plooboy Laddies for me!" I thought this a very interesting story, but I put it in the back of mind. A week later, the CD arrived, and here is where things started to get REALLY strange. Included with the CD was an all expenses paid ticket to Scotland, with a note that read, "Please come see me. I have a REALLY huge favor to ask, but I'd rather ask in person." I was wondering how I'd arrange time away from work, when I got a phone call from my boss saying that I had been putting in so much time lately, and doing such good work, that he was going to give me a 2-week paid vacation! I was so excited that...
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 30-Sep-2005, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

I threw all my work papers into the air and danced an Irish Jig my mom taught me. So I quickly went back to Google to look for airline tickets. I wanted to meet this strange man who was so kind in giving me the CD. I found many different sites for cheap airline tickets. They were so expensive. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. So I decided to get on the phone and call...

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

. . . Killed-Air, a little outfit I heard of from a Tyrone lass in The Wobblin' Washerwoman, a dinky Irish bar and self-serve laundromat on the corner of my block. This little no-frills airline she told me about flew out of St Kilda four times a year if the wind was right, but it had rock-bottom prices, with two shots of a decent single malt (malted milkshakes for the kiddies tongue.gif ) and a daily clean-out-the-larder-surprise special on the menu thrown in, compliments of Shadows. How could I go wrong? Especially with the pontoons rigged on those vintage biplanes, made of old Volvo passenger seat airbags. Well, they had a seat open, and the fall flight was coming up, so humming "Caledonia" I . . .
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 03:57 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

bravely boarded the plane and set out for the land of the Braveheart. The flight over was nothing short of scary. Lots of turbulence and several electrical storms kept me on the edge of the seat. I was so relieved when the plane finally touched down in...
Eiric 
Posted: 19-Dec-2005, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

Baleenanyellin, a little town on the west coast of Scotland so small that you can't even find it on maps. However, I knew that an old lady who claimed that she was my grandmothers sister would meet me at the air port to show me to the house where...

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a Gàidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an còirichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu chòir dhaibh a bhith beò nam measg fhein ann an spiorad bràthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 09-Jan-2006, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

my grandmother had grown up. I was so excited to meet her and also to touch ground in the land of my heritage (plus to get off that blasted plane). There was so much adventure awaiting me, I just knew that this was going to be a trip I'd never forget!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]