Title:

Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Elder

Birthday: 30-Nov-1995
Total Posts: 5
Realm: Middle of Nowhere, Arizona, USA

I tend to go on about what I like for a very long time, but I'll try to be snappy here. : P I'm obviously big into all things Celtic: thus the reason I joined this site in the first place. My interest started with mythology, after researching and reading the Ulster Cycle. Cú Chulainn appeared as a character in a game I was playing, his story interested me, and the more I read the more interested I became. XD; Through reading I ran into the Irish Gaelic language often, and because the pronunciation threw me way off, I decided to research into that. That eventually grew into me wanting to learn the language. I figured because I sort of liked Celtic folk music anyway, I'd look for some music in Irish. My music interest eventually expanded into ALL of the Celtic nations (as did my language interest), and I eventually got adventurous enough to wander into the genre of Celtic rock: my current favorite musical genre. This entire time, I'd also wound up with a love and appreciation of Celtic culture and had been doing much research in that general area. In short, my interest in Celtic things grew VERY fast, and now I'm into just about anything you can slap a "Celtic" label on. : P Quick couple lists of my interests:

Music: Runrig (all-time favorite), Tri Yann, The Young Dubliners, Cécile Corbel, Julie Fowlis, Altan, The Dubliners. (To name just a FEW!)
Reads: Gimme just about any Celtic manuscript, historical text, or history book, and I'll read it. ;P
Hobbies: I analyze manuscrips for fun. I'm very boring. :3 I also thoroughly enjoy attending local Highland games and Celtic gatherings, as well as the annual Renaissance festival. I get very into those, and almost always dress up. XP Last but not least, I like bagpipes: enough to play them. I'm currently learning how to play the great highland bagpipe, and hopefully will be able to move up to the pipes in about, oh... a little less than a year. XD; But all good things come to those who wait, and with hard work I'll definitely be playing 'em soon. :]

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Date: 13-Apr-2024
By: CelticRadio
Forum: Forum Guides

Date: 09-Apr-2024

Date: 08-Apr-2024

Date: 18-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 16-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries

Add Entry   
User has not made an entry yet.

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
k Bagpipe enthusiast, Celtic scholar, and hardcore Riggie. k

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!