Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Summer Plans, What are your plans for the summer?

What are you doing this summer?
1. Camping in the Wilderness. [ 4 ]  [20.00%]
2. Cottage by the Lake/Sea. [ 2 ]  [10.00%]
3. I'm a Beach Bum. [ 3 ]  [15.00%]
4. Vacation Festination. [ 2 ]  [10.00%]
5. International Travel [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
6. My Backyard is my Paradise. [ 9 ]  [45.00%]
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
CelticRadio 
Posted on 13-Jun-2014, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,126 Gold!

user posted image

It was a long cold winter and finally the summer weather is upon us. Time to take advantage of the glorious few months that we call Summer!

What are you plans this summer. Vacation, Camping or the beach. We want to know. Are you planning any special international trips to the Isles? The Battle of Bannockburn is on the list of a lot of Scots. Or perhaps you just like sitting in the backyard soaking up some rays.

Let us know what you are doing and perhaps give a suggestion for the rest of us!

wink.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Shadows 
Posted on 14-Jun-2014, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

In the past it would have been camping at reenactments but due to my disability it is now backyard warrior!
Enjoy your summer what ever you do!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Dreamer1 
Posted on 27-Jun-2014, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Working 2 jobs and getting DD#2 ready to go off to college (!). My garden calls to me, and is a great stress buster, so it's relaxing in our backyard for me this Summer! laugh.gif

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
haynes9 
Posted on 02-Jul-2014, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Summer is pretty much nuts here on the good old Navajo Nation. We have three Vacation Bible Schools to run (one down, two to go - had a high day of 119 kids), Youth Conferences, building projects, and so forth.

The ministry gets extremely busy in the summer since our winters can be a mess.

I will take time in a couple of week to go the the Arizona Highland Celtic Festival in Flagstaff on July 19th. That's a day I mark every year just to chill. My youngest daughter says she loves it because I am so relaxed at the Festival (I'm pretty wound up everywhere else!!).

Anyway, that's my summer! Have a great one!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MacFive 
Posted on 07-Aug-2014, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #105
194,221 Gold!

QUOTE (haynes9 @ 03-Jul-2014, 12:46 AM)
Summer is pretty much nuts here on the good old Navajo Nation. We have three Vacation Bible Schools to run (one down, two to go - had a high day of 119 kids), Youth Conferences, building projects, and so forth.

God Bless you Haynes. It's so good to hear about a strong following and enrollment in a Vacation Bible School. Sounds like my upbringing in a strong Congregational Church in the 70s here in Massachusetts. Remember attending a Lutheran church for vocational Bible school and learning I can raise my arms up to pray. Keep up the great work! wink.gif
MacFive 
Posted on 07-Aug-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #105
194,221 Gold!

Well, this summer for the MacArthur clan has taken a turn. We decided to do something very different and have purchased a small used travel camper. We have really enjoyed camping in the great North Woods of New England the past few summers, so I guess this is the next step!

Still I think we are in our heads up to the water, almost, but not drowning yet. A lot to learn about grey water, black water, and what exactly this chunky camper does that is now sitting in our back yard. We've had coffee in it, watched T.V. in it and explored the nooks and crannies.

With any luck we will be going in it to the Maine Highland Games for 3 days.

If anyone has advise on travel trailers please let me know - much appreciated. Perhaps in a few years we can start exploring this great country! Figured we needed to do something fun before ARRP starts sending us magazine offers! Of course, this might be a great way to finance a low budget retirement!! rolleyes.gif
five4 
Posted on 16-Mar-2016, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: SW Florida

male

Ours will be quite busy this year. Our one son, who works in California, and his lovely lass will be married on the 4th of July in Oklahoma. Then we will all (or most) meet up in St. Augustine for a family vacation. After which, most of us will head back home to SW Fla. and have another party so our son can show his new Bride where he grew up and meet his friends. All in all, 5 of our 6 children (from 4 different states) and their families will meet for the vacation, 4 of our 6 will be home for the 2nd wedding reception in Florida. But what has us the most excited is that we will finally get our hands on that beautiful little angel born last year in OK. that we have not seen yet. And on top of all this I have started watching our 2 month old grand daughter now that momma is getting back to work...Wow, I'm tired just thinking about it all, but I could not be happier...Nostrovia...

--------------------
The Scots are the men that made GOD mad, for their battles are happy and their songs are sad...UNK

It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, as long as there's whiskey in it...UNK

Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough...M. Twain
PMEmail Poster               
1BrightStar 
Posted on 16-Apr-2016, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: U.S.A.

female

Staying home this year.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
LindsStwrt 
Posted on 17-Apr-2017, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cumberland Plateau, TN

female

Gardening and Festivals!

Cannot wait!
PMEmail Poster               
EmilyEire 
Posted on 09-May-2017, 05:11 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

female

Well, I would love to go camping... alas, I've got no one to go with and thats most of the fun! I've also got work this year... May venture by day to the local folk festival as it's over my birthday weekend! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]