Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
Danann 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

Sure, and it looks like the South in America is representing here today. I am from Alabama, close neighbor to Wyld Piper give or take five or six hours.

I too was excited to stumble over this site. I have been a long time fan of celtic music. I think its more of an endeavor to feel close to my roots, since my great grandpa was Irish. Thanks for this site!

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Sure, and it looks like the South in America is representing here today.

Hmmmmm.

Hola, bienvenidos a todos. Sientese, tenga un traigo, levantese una pinta. beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Leo, desde el corazón de Panamá, el savaje y muy mojado Azuero cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
Danann 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

Ok... I think I caught the part about welcome and raising a pint... maybe I should have said the southern United States.... yeah.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and the beer!
PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Welcome to all new members, kick back and enjoy thysel, I'm sure that you will hae a grand time. Be talking to everyone later in the posts.
Glad to meet ya'll. thumbup.gif

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
wyld piper 
  Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: South Mississippi

male

-- I tip a pint (o' Harp), to all new friends and my neighbor Danaan "Slainte"

--------------------
~~ Oglaigh Na hEireann ~~ In Memory - 13 Fallen, January 30, 1972

The heart may think it knows better, the senses know that absence blots people out. We really have no absent friends. The friend becomes a traitor by breaking, however unwillingly or sadly, out of our own zone: a hard judgment is passed on him, for all the pleas of the heart. ...........Elizabeth Bowen

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better..............Samuel Beckett
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
tsargent62 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Howdy!
I'm new to the community. I'm looking forward to lots of great Celtic music. I migrated here after they closed CelticMp3.com. Heathens! Anyway, I'll be romping around this site with great interest.

Lang may your lum reek!

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Welcome to everybody that I've missed. smile.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
myriad 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

female

Welcome all! It seems we are getting a growing group of great people. Wow that was too much alliteration even for me. lol Have fun
Myriad
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Dec-2003, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! Like Myriad said. It is really growing here! Welcome to tsargent62 and others! Slainte! Hope you enjoy it here and make some new friends. smile.gif
JoeCalleagh 
  Posted: 07-Dec-2003, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

beer_mug.gif
Well, the best place to start is at the beginning. Hello to one and all. I am new to the site, and this being my very first post I should tell ya my name is Joseph, but me working stiff friends call me Joe. My Celtic roots run deep--Welsh on my ma's grandfather's side with Irish from grandma. My father's side all Scots-Irish with a wee nip of German (just enough to make me even more stubborn). We run a heavy dose of Owens, Cowans and Doughertys and our family reunions tip over with laughter and beer. Ironically, I never really thought much about my ethnic background until I went to college and encountered professors who were so Irish/Irish-American it made my head spin. They thought me a wee lost lad and took me under their wings. Mentors I had times three. I have been a college teacher for over sixteen years. English and Composition. Never fear I don't edit on weekends. I am a big baseball fan, love dogs, read and watch movies--and drink beer any chance I get. I am having one now. I enjoy reading your posts and I certainly enjoy this site. Aa a fallen altar boy I will try to behave meself(somewhat) and wish you all good health!

--------------------
go mbeannai Dia dhuit
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Dec-2003, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Joe! Welcome to the site! I am sure you will very much enjoy it here between the great music and fellowship. There are many topics going on so please join in! Since you are an English and composition teacher, you will probably find interesting the one thread in Celtic Hearts about Fear of the blank page. There are many writers in there and we're all pouring our hearts out in there! cool.gif

Enjoy yourself! beer_mug.gif
Eriu 
  Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 01:41 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: USA

female

Greetings Everyone! I'm new biggrin.gif Can't you tell? lol Just saying hello. My dad told me about this site and wouldn't shut up about it til I came here. Parents are usually right and he was. Great site biggrin.gif Beautiful music, nice people. Nice feeling, yep yep. Well, I'm Eriu, from Virginia in the United States, an artist up at Elfwood (fantasy artwork) and also a writer. I have a gray and white cat named Byron who steals my socks....and oh yes, I am an Elf.... biggrin.gif And I love my sweet husband! Ta gra agram duit, (ya'll that speak any Gaelic can yell at me if that is wrong, sites are known to be...) M'lord, Shado'donkh! I love thee! smile.gif

--------------------
Wanderer, Writer, Dreamer, Artist, and Certified Elf. Lady to m'lord Shado'donkh. Mo Anam Cara...
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

My gosh Eriu! You are still up like me? I thought I was the only night owl!

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it here. It is a very friendly site and much to talk about and so I hope you take advantage of that. Hope you will post your artwork in our Celtic Hearts forum under Artwork. Some of us are brave or obnoxious enough to do so. biggrin.gif Hope you will be too. Please get around and post, post, post! See us in chat too! Nice meeting you. Talk to you soon! smile.gif
Eriu 
  Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: USA

female

Hey Rose smile.gif Thanks for the Warm Welcome, no, I'm up at this hour too, but not for long...ITS COLD! My feet are iced. Ugh, I may post some artwork up here, or you can go into my silly profile and find the link to Elfwood, heh heh. Thats where I am. Not that I'm great, but I enjoy it heh. Well, I'm off, NIce to meet you smile.gif Goodnight! May the Sun Shine on your Path under the sky Everyone...
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 02:17 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Dec 8 2003, 01:46 AM)
My gosh Eriu! You are still up like me? I thought I was the only night owl!

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it here. It is a very friendly site and much to talk about and so I hope you take advantage of that. Hope you will post your artwork in our Celtic Hearts forum under Artwork. Some of us are brave or obnoxious enough to do so. biggrin.gif Hope you will be too. Please get around and post, post, post! See us in chat too! Nice meeting you. Talk to you soon! smile.gif

Hey Rosemary,

I'm a fellow night-owl as well. Hooo-hooo! tongue.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]