Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Welcome to both sjboren and hvragshop! Hope to see you posting around on all the forums and maybe in chat too!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stewart_clan1400 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

female

Ceud Mille Failte !!!
No i can speak or write in gaelic of any kind. Well anyway you guys may as well guessed im a new member. I hope that I can belong to this group/club for a long time. I think its really kewl i can listen to celtic music when ever I want just about. I really enjoy listening to the music while im doing reports and research projects. It becomes very soothing. Well anyway i hope that everyone that reads this has good health and lives lively.

Tanya

usaflag.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lougres 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

smile.gif Hi all,

My name is Brea and this is the first time I've been here to this site. In fact, I found it quite by accident while stumbling around the web searching for Scottish vegetable seeds to buy for this next Spring.

I am a 51 year old woman and I am getting ready to run an assisted living house in Maryland, USA. on the shoreline. I'm quite excited about it since I've only run fast food restaurants before, never a home such as this one is.

My hobbies include bread baking, herb raising, vegetable gardening and going to yard sales (or having them myself). I enjoy growing and then drying my own herbs and vegetables. I've taught myself a lot about herbs and how to use them medicinally and now I am venturing out into learning the holistic field of medicine as much as I can.

I am part Scottish. My maternal great-grandfather was a Highlander named Francis Edward Houston. He and his three sons, Joseph, "Red"(possibly Francis) and Thomas
came to the USA early in the 1900's to join their cousins, the McGonigles who were already here in the Massachusetts area. (not sure of the spelling of the name). He left some daughters behind in Scotland as well as other family members whose names I don't know.

I am glad to be here and am looking forward to discovering what this site is all about!

Bright Blessings to all,
Brea

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello to both Tanya and Brea! Very nice to meet you both. Love both of your avatars too! Hope you enjoy it and make many new friends. See you around in the different forums or in chat. Enjoy! smile.gif
Therasa 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacOak

female

biggrin.gif I figured I had better come in here and introduce myself. I just jumped in with both feet. Sorry... rolleyes.gif

I tend to do that.

I guess I shall start with, My name is Therasa ( Ter A sa) does that nake any sense? I am a single mother of twin ten year olds. And I am from British Columbia Canada. I found this site purely by accident. (best accident yet) I have been researching my familes origins for some time now. (I've been pretty lucky so far I might add. Found some really helpful people around).

Coates (the first person I found left Scotland in 1740)
Menzies (my gr gran left in the early 1900, have clan Menzie)
Murdoch ( need to check more to make sure accurate info)
Oliver (associated with Fraser, so far)

I had found Electric Scotland, and I found it a pretty good site. But Ihad some doubts as to the accuracy of some of the info. I came in here, and got the same response from a few people about the site. (nothing against ES, I like it there, just gotta check the info)

I love it in here. I have found this to be the best site so far as people and kindness, as well as info goes. Asking a question, no matter how silly I think it may be, is met with honesty and kindness. The suggestions and help are outstanding.

I have already met a few of you to date. And could not of imagined nicer more helpful people. (Rose and Richard to name just two) I can't wait to meet more of you and have a chat.

I had better go now. I tend to babble.

Take care all and stay safe. punk.gif

--------------------
Therasa

Sweet kisses after death, are remembered
Sweet smiles after death, are recalled
Sweet voices after death, are silent
Sweet love after death, after all.

PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Nice to meet you Therasa. I'm glad you like it here, and you are correct when you say the folks here are very helpful. We are all like one big happy Celtic family---so welcome aboard.
Anytime you need to talk just drop me a line.

Best Regards,
Roisin angel_not.gif

P.S.
That's goes for all new members---Welcome! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Therasa it has been such a pleasure getting to know you and chatting about all things that interests us. Thank you for your compliments! smile.gif
silverdragon 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

Hello to ocean, Stevo, hvragshop, sjboren, stewart_clan1400, Lougres, and Therasa! Some of you I've already encountered elsewhere...

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
valpal59 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Welcome to all of the new members !!! cheers.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
maisky 
  Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Here I am, a lowly serf again. Darn! I hate when that happens. biggrin.gif
I am a Fitzpatrick, currently residing in Chicago, USA. I have many interests, including Celtic music. I have an SCA character I would like to integrate into one of the RPGs. I am Richard Le Chere, a wild eyed Irish Jester. Rather a Rake. ER, AH, my CHARACTER is Richard Le Chere. I am a long time fan of the Lord of the Rings and anything else by Tolkein that I can get my mitts on. I am interested in many topics and appologize in advance if my opinions offend anybody. I don't mean to offend, it just happens. wink.gif

Maisky, AKA

Richard Fitzpatrick

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hello Maisky,

Welcome Sir, and put your feet up. There are many folks in SCA here, so feel at ease. Hope you enjoy the music, conversations, and the company! If you've a mind for a bit more "liveliness", then come on over to the Pub and have a few beer_mug.gif .

Glad you've found this great site! walkman.gif

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Welcome, Maisky. There are a least a couple of SCAdians from the Kingdom of Aehelmearc here. Which Kingdom do you call home?

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
wyld piper 
  Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: South Mississippi

male

-- Greeting to all, as a lowly peasant and intrigued and excited about finding this site. It's wonderful!! i now know where ill be spending much of my online time wink.gif .

A little diddy about myself -- Have been a celtic folk musician for about 10 years, and have a passion for the music, Been a member of the Highlands and Islands Association of Celtic Gatherings (whew, long name). an organization promoting Celtic culture( music, dance, Highland games) here in southern Mississippi.

Am looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing your interests.

--------------------
~~ Oglaigh Na hEireann ~~ In Memory - 13 Fallen, January 30, 1972

The heart may think it knows better, the senses know that absence blots people out. We really have no absent friends. The friend becomes a traitor by breaking, however unwillingly or sadly, out of our own zone: a hard judgment is passed on him, for all the pleas of the heart. ...........Elizabeth Bowen

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better..............Samuel Beckett
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Welcome Maisky and Wyld Piper and any other new memebers. I hope you enjoy our community here at CelticRadio. We're a unique bunch who have a passion for our Celtic heritage and music. So, that being said, I hope to see you around a lot more.

Best Regards,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ Dec 1 2003, 10:36 PM)
Welcome, Maisky. There are a least a couple of SCAdians from the Kingdom of Aehelmearc here. Which Kingdom do you call home?

I have been kicked out of, er, ah, I have been a member to 2 kingdoms before drifting up in Chicago. I have yet to connect here. My SCA personna as a jester is a lot of fun even if not one of the mainstream selections. I have a hard time being too serious in real life, too. I am a pharmaceutical validation engineer who has managed a certain amount of success in spite of being ADHD. My irreverant jester personna suits me well, even though it makes the knights clutch their ladies a little closer and my owner (wife) grip my leash a little tighter.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]