Rindy 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 12-Jan-2005, 02:51 PM)
Today, I had the worst craving for a cigarette I've had since I quit almost four years ago. I woke up and almost immediately wanted to fire one up. Finally, about 1:30, I stopped and bought a pack of Wrigley's Extra bubble gum.

Hey there, MDF3530 so glad you did the gum. I used to smoke 2.5 packs of cigs a day. I quit 16 years ago. It was the hardest thing I think I ever did, but the best for me. I sometimes have nightmares wake up and think "oh, I didn't smoke it was just a dream" Is that my body saying DONT??? Congrats in quitting. Oh, I lost my Mom to lung cancer 16 years ago, when they removed it and her lung ribs etc. the cancer was the size of a saucer and black it was the most disgusting matter I have ever seen. My Mom suffered 41 days in ICU I wish people who smoked could know of this pain.

Have a good day MDF3530!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 11:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 12-Jan-2005, 05:43 PM)
Hey there, MDF3530 so glad you did the gum. I used to smoke 2.5 packs of cigs a day. I quit 16 years ago. It was the hardest thing I think I ever did, but the best for me. I sometimes have nightmares wake up and think "oh, I didn't smoke it was just a dream" Is that my body saying DONT??? Congrats in quitting. Oh, I lost my Mom to lung cancer 16 years ago, when they removed it and her lung ribs etc. the cancer was the size of a saucer and black it was the most disgusting matter I have ever seen. My Mom suffered 41 days in ICU I wish people who smoked could know of this pain.

Have a good day MDF3530!

I quit because it was getting too expensive.

I used to buy my smokes at this place just over the border in Indiana. I mean literally just over the border. Where this place was, you could spit in Illinois and it'd land in Indiana.

Anyway, I bought my smokes in Indiana because their taxes weren't as high as Illinois', and particularly Chicago's. But then the prices started heading north there too. I think the last I paid for a carton of filtered Pall Malls (the last brand I smoked) was just over $30, tax included. My New Years' resolution was to quit smoking that year anyway, so I did. I used the nicotine patches for the withdrawal and sugarfree chewing gum for the oral satisfaction.

I do still get cravings from time to time, and sugarfree chewing gum (I prefer Wrigley's Extra bubble gum biggrin.gif ) does the trick.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Congratulations, Mike! I am proud of you. Quitting that addiction is VERY hard. I have been off them for 25 years, now. I no longer crave them, but I have NO tolerance for second hand smoke. I walked out of a restaurant yesterday because of the smokey atmosphere. It makes me physically ill. I am what you would call a "born again breather". tongue.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

So far so good. Took another nap after son went to school. then chatted with my husband in Iraq for quite a while. And then been a bit lazy today (standing ashamed in the corner of my room - LOL)

Will probably be going out today with my son for dinner. O'Charley's sounds good.

Kids 10 and under eat free lol

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 13-Jan-2005, 07:25 AM)
Congratulations, Mike! I am proud of you. Quitting that addiction is VERY hard. I have been off them for 25 years, now. I no longer crave them, but I have NO tolerance for second hand smoke. I walked out of a restaurant yesterday because of the smokey atmosphere. It makes me physically ill. I am what you would call a "born again breather". tongue.gif

To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind it if bars and restaurants in my area went smoke-free. Some in the Chicago area already are, either by choice or local ordinance. I can definitely tell that I was at a bar the night before because of the way my clothes smell. Now I know how my friends felt when I was around (I was the only smoker). Plus, my friend Nathan has asthma and cigarette smoke irritates his condition. He was most happy when I quit.
kimberwinkle 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arkansas--Soon To Be England In October! :D

female

Hiya everyone... I'm a newbie. *sighs* Anywho--my day was okay until my boyfriend started getting snappy. (He's trying to quit smoking...) sad.gif

I've a yen for pizza. --Hamburger and pineapple pizza. drool.gif

Nice talking at you all!
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Welcome to the forum, kimberwinkle! Glad to have you here - jump right in and make yourself at home!

My day has been hectic, going to various websites, printing off info, filling out forms, and emailing back and forth between two colleges I am trying to transfer to and the bank, who seems to have decided I can't have internet access to my account anymore. But I am so happy for this three day weekend! I sure need it. I hope ya'll have a great one!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (kimberwinkle @ 14-Jan-2005, 04:49 PM)
Hiya everyone... I'm a newbie. *sighs* Anywho--my day was okay until my boyfriend started getting snappy. (He's trying to quit smoking...) sad.gif

Hi, Kimberwinkle!

Come on in and have a beer_mug.gif , pepsi.gif or msncoffecup.gif with us!

I promise, we won't bite (at least not too much laugh.gif tongue.gif )!

How is your boyfriend trying to quit smoking? I quit a few years ago. I used the patch for the nicotine replacement and chewing gum for the oral stimulation.

I've a yen for pizza.  --Hamburger and pineapple pizza.  drool.gif

Blech yucky.gif ! Give me sausage or pepperoni any day pizza.gif tongue.gif ...
Rindy 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

A big warm welcome to you kimberwinkle,
The quitting smoking is a big one! Wish him all the luck! I hope you enjoy the music and the forums on Celtic Radio. It is so good to see new people! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

P.S. I am having a wonderful day!
Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Pretty good!

woke up - took my son to school, came home, chatted with husband, went back to school to watch my son's play they did, chatted on the phone with my friend in Texas, watched a bit tv, did some laundry, watched a bit more tv - took the dog out in between and finally did my taxreturn and now I am here and check out what's new in the forums.

So really can't complain.

By the way - welcome kimberwinkle! Have fun.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
catlynelizabeth 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Boston

female

Okay so my day officially rocked! biggrin.gif First it was my birthday which is always a red letter day and then I was able to spend all day just kinda lazy which was ultra cool. Then tonight I got my one of my favorite meals with ice cream and cake and then I got my presents which were Heather Dale's Trial of Lancelot(I've wanted it for a while) and a pack of Burt's Bees stuff and a brand new cell phone(parents upgraded and I'm on their plan so I was automatically upgraded too). So any way Thanks for all the well wishes, it was a very good day. clap.gif

--------------------
To watch us irish dance is to hear our hearts speak!
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
Douglas Adams
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (catlynelizabeth @ 14-Jan-2005, 10:01 PM)
Okay so my day officially rocked! biggrin.gif  First it was my birthday which is always a red letter day and then I was able to spend all day just kinda lazy which was ultra cool.  Then tonight I got my one of my favorite meals with ice cream and cake and then I got my presents which were Heather Dale's Trial of Lancelot(I've wanted it for a while) and a pack of Burt's Bees stuff and a brand new cell phone(parents upgraded and I'm on their plan so I was automatically upgraded too).  So any way Thanks for all the well wishes, it was a very good day. clap.gif

OMG, I missed it!

happybday.gif , catlynelizabeth!

Hope it was filled with MSNCAKE.GIF , MSNGIFT.GIF s & beer_mug.gif !
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 15-Jan-2005, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

So far, so good! The day's still young, I think I'm just gonna' kick back and be lazy today! biggrin.gif Music always make the day much better! note.gif note.gif note.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 15-Jan-2005, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,759 Gold!

Welcome kimberwinkle. I'm also trying to quit smoking. Not going well at all. Hope your fellow is successful. As today is my birthday, I'm getting really tanked for the first time in who knows when (at least thirty years). Life sucks, but Celtic Radio rocks. The people here are the best.

TheCarolinaScotsman

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 15-Jan-2005, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 15-Jan-2005, 02:04 PM)
Welcome kimberwinkle. I'm also trying to quit smoking.  Not going well at all. Hope your fellow is successful.  As today is my birthday, I'm getting really tanked for the first time in who knows when (at least thirty years).  Life sucks, but Celtic Radio rocks.  The people here are the best.

TheCarolinaScotsman

We are great aren't we? angel_not.gif Don't get too soused CSman, we wouldn't want you to fall off of your seat there and bang your noggin!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]