Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi everyone!

The Lord was really watching out for me last Tuhrsday. I was on my home from work. I was in the passing lane and an 18 wheeler was in the slow lane. He decided to pass another transfer in front of him and didn't see me in the passing lane! The rear tire on his driver side raked the enitre passenger side of my car from bumper to bumper. It sheared off my side view mirror and ripped my front bumper completely off! Once it was over and realized that 1) I was still alive, and 2) my car was still working proplerly and 3) the truck had just kept going, I had to chase after the guy and flag him down!

Thank you Lord for keeping me alive! It could have been SO much worse!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Hey Wizzzz! So glad to hear that you didn't get hurt. I have had similar experiences, and always chalk it up to divine intervention as well. I'm grateful you are here to tell the tale!

Now, tell me if this truck belonged to one of these companies:

Schneider
Swift
J.B. Hunt
U.S. Express
Knight
USA Truck
Steven's Transport
Trans Am
KLLM
Lanter

Of course, there are literally thousands of trucking companies, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that it was one of the first five on my list.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 10:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Got a shaky feeling hearing that one. Yes, you were definitely being watched over. I'm glad you're OK, and you don't even sound very shook up.

Why did the guy not STOP!!?? Why did he make you chase him? He must have felt it, even if he didn't see you. mad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 03:45 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

The guy worked for a small company out of NC called B&B Companies Inc. He was pretty nice about it, once I convinced him that he had hit me! Yes, that's right, he didn't know he did it and even asked me if I was POSITIVE that he was the one who did it! When he asked me that, I just happened to look down at the bed of his trailer (it was a flat bed) and there lay my side view mirror! I picked it up and said, "Look, buddy, here's my mirror!" There wasn't much he could say after that. Is it just me or it was it just too convenient for that mirror to just HAPPEN to be laying there! Thank you again, Lord!
stoirmeil 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

laugh.gif
That IS too convenient, and if you hadn't just been exposed to a life-threatening situation, it would have been kind of funny too. Hope they do the right thing by you! And again, I'm glad you didn't get hurt.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Wow, talk about guardian angels working overtime. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

AMEN! Good to hear you made it out of that OK! And at least you managed to track him down. I'm sure flagging him down must not have been easy either. I trust that the company's insurance will be paying for damages?

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Yeah, their insurance claim agaent is supposed to be coming by my work place tomorrow to look at my car and get an estimate. I just have this bad feeling that they are going to try to send me to some cheap chop shop to get the work done. But you know, saving them money is the LAST thing on my mind. I only want one thing - my car back in as good a condition as I can possibly get it, and I don't want cheap work.

Yeah, Aaediwen, flagging him down was an experience in itself! I was scared, angry, upset and desparate all at the same time. I floored it! When I pulled up beside him, I leaned over in the passenger seat and yelled "YOU JUST HIT MY CAR!" Never mind the fact that both my window and his were rolled up and there was no way he could hear me! He just looked at me funny. finally I was able to get in front of him and I slowed down I got to the next exit ramp. I motioned for him to follow me, and luckily he did. (I had already gotten his license plate number just in case...) There were three or four cars in front of us on the exit ramp, and they were waiting for other vehicles, so I jumped out of my car and went back to his truck. He rolled down his window and I said, "Buddy, you just hit my car!!!" He said, "What?" I said, "YOU JUST HIT MY CAR!!!" He suggested we pull over at a gas station where we exchanged insurance info and everything. I was so upset that it didn't even dawn on me to call the cops until AFTER he had already left, stupid me. The cops recorded that I had reported it, but said there was nothing that they could do since he had already left (?).

I'm just glad he didn't think I was some psycho and 'tried to shoot me or something. Once again, thank you Lord!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 17-Sep-2005, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Well, the insurance agent stopped by work place Friday, and looked at my car. I gave him a copy of the estimate, so hopefully I'll be on the way to getting my car fixed this week!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-Sep-2005, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Well, 2 weeks later, and my car STILL hasn't been fixed! sad.gif Called the other guys insurance company yesterday, and he said he is expecting to have the check for repairs on his desk Monday morning, so then he'll call me and arrange everything, including a rental to use while mine is being reparied. Wish they'd throw in a little extra for making me wait so long! wink.gif
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 30-Sep-2005, 08:06 PM)
Well, 2 weeks later, and my car STILL hasn't been fixed! sad.gif Called the other guys insurance company yesterday, and he said he is expecting to have the check for repairs on his desk Monday morning, so then he'll call me and arrange everything, including a rental to use while mine is being reparied. Wish they'd throw in a little extra for making me wait so long! wink.gif

Maybe he can get you a good deal on the rental, or maybe a voucher for an addditional complementary fillup or something. It is a long time to wait for a determination. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

I just read this post and I am so glad to hear you are safe, Allen. Thank goodness.

Well I hope you don't have to wait very much longer smile.gif

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]