Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Women's Issues, Guy's Don't want to go here! Women only!
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Hey It's Ang

Adam asked me to let you know about Hemp Cream from the body shop. I bought it for $15.00. My feet we're cracked and very dry from the move (change in climate). Anyway this stuff is awesome, it smells like (hippies) not weed. I think the you should be able to purchase it on there web site, if not I can give you their phone number here in Alberta and I am sure that they wouldn't have a problem shipping some, if you are interested. Just let Adam Know

Later Ang

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks very much Ang! We have the Body Shop in Phoenix here so I will check into it. If not, I might order on line. That might be the way to go. Most of the time ordering stuff on line is cheaper than driving all t he way to Phoenix. I will definitely check into this. Thank you!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 12:07 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ Jan 1 2004, 11:00 PM)
A woman can get really mean during this time in her life. If any of you guys are reading this...BEWARE ! ranting.gif Don't tell her you understand, because you don't.

Now I said I wasn't going to say anything here, but this time I have to.

I knew this was going to happen to my Wife because her's was surgically onset and she was given medication that was suppose to handle it. Did any one notice I said "SUPPOSE TO"?

I wound up, she had to take periodical injections to help control her hormonal balance. And every great now and then she would turn vicious and guy I am not saying that in a loving way either. She was down right mean. And it doesn't matter what you say even if you can see what is happening. All I would do was to tell her that it was time for her to see the Doctor again and in a couple weeks she would catch on to what I was saying and then make and appointment. But until then you just had to ride the wave and avoid her on anything that was involved with any kind of confrontation. Just go fishing, work in the yard or garage or what ever you do to get out of sight.

Luckily she is now taking some suppliment that seems to be really helping. One of them is Soy. Now how much, I cannot tell you yet because she is asleep and there is no way I am going to wake her up and ask. tongue.gif And when it comes to that, YES, I am Chicken.

It is better to be wise and alive than to be dumb and dead. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Very right, friend Richard. You are our keeper of the thread! and better to stay away then be near us women folk who are going through this stuff... you poor guys1 I really do feel for you...seriously! smile.gif I know it is much worse on ourselves though who is going through it. It is not fun at all!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I'm glad that my dearest still has some 20 years to get used to my moods before I'll get them years.. being pregnant is hard enough on us both because I got bad mood changes, I get totally mad in a flash and in the next second I'm the cuddliest person on earth.. it's weird.... happy.gif
poor wee him, he also never learned how to have a decent verbal fight, he always looks at me in horror when I start off (I dunno, must be the wee bit of italian in me that makes me go all theatrical *blush*)

That Hemp Handcreme is really good, I have 2 tubes in my polishing cupboard because the only way to get French Polish off your hands (and you have to work with at least one bare hand) is Methylated Spirits which are quite bad for the skin. That stuff heals cracked skin in a flash.
Same with lips btw, they got that marvellous lip-healing-stick, although I prefer the Vichy repair stick in winter, it's got a creamier texture.

If you have exzema you might also want to try "aqua non-hermal" which is a very light cream for everywhere, it helped alot with my cousins neurodermitis.

If you need mild soaps or face cleaners that are nice and mild I can only recommend lush again. I use their Fresh Farmacy face cleaner after a long day in the spray booth and it's great to get crusted varnish off my face without damaging my skin. Their fresh masks are a miracle!

www.lush.co.uk
found out yesterday that this link can't be opened with Mozilla

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Don't you think the hardest thing is to make the guys we live with to understand the hormone thing is a chemical unbalance in the body. We are not responsible for it, it just happens. Then you go to the Dr or try the natural way and try to get it under control. The problem is hormones are not predicatable. It takes a while to figure out what it takes to make it right.
I hate the mood swings the most. I'm usually a pretty happy person but when the shift happens, I come out swinging. I usually try to get away from everyone cause I know I'm not at my best. I get a book and sit down and focus on getting quiet and not to say anything stupid or take off a head of two.
Anyone else feel pinned up inside sometimes?

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

constantly happy.gif wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Jan 2 2004, 05:49 PM)

I hate the mood swings the most. I'm usually a pretty happy person but when the shift happens, I come out swinging.  I usually try to get away from everyone cause I know I'm not at my best. I get a book and sit down and focus on getting quiet and not to say anything stupid or take off a head of two.
Anyone else feel pinned up inside sometimes?

Annabelle

Annabelle, I'm like you, I need my space. Lots and lots of space.

Aon, I've been with my dearest for 32 years, Honey child, when this stuff hits it's like nothing you have ever experienced and it's nothing like your honey has ever dealt with. Maybe by the time you have this to deal with, they will have come out with a magical cure and you'll be the sweet loving gal that you've always been. angel_not.gif

Richard, it's ok to be CHICKEN. Chicken is good sometimes, especially dealing with a woman on her way out! wink.gif

CelticRose, I'm glad you and your husband survived, you have given me hope! biggrin.gif

Ladies: war.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

*lol* that I am sweet and loving is a common misconception *grins* I throw temper tantrums like no one else (I'm great at porcellain throwing and theatrical measures like holding a knife to my neck happy.gif )

Naa, we still have quite some time, and who knows? we might split up in the time before I get that? *shrugs*

I suffer from depressions (inherited down my fathers side) and I have been in therapy about it for years.. I know what it means to fall into that big black hole. I hate it when that happens.

btw, all you ladies that are going through it I wish alot of luck and your hubbies alot of patience and things to do somewhere else happy.gif
I'm glad that I still have some time until I get there
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Like Aon, I still have a while before the "Big Change". My mother who is turning 54 in March 2004 has been having hot flashes and huge mood swings (God help me!!!! I am the recipent of these changes). She denies them and pretends the room is just hotter or that I was being disrepectful, because she has been on hormone replacment therapy since '96. I hate to think what she would have experienced (I would have went through) if she didn't have the therapy. unsure.gif
What I've heard is that menopause is like a giant curve on a chart...it slowly rises, peaks, and then slowly falls; it can last for about ten years.

Now my Great-grandmother went through a lot, so I was told. It is reported that she went off the deep-end and took an axe and tried to chop down a huge old oak in her backyard.

Sometimes "The Change" feels like an impending doom, because it marks the beginning of an end. I saw a show on The Oprah show about menopause in which a woman doctor said it is just the start of another chapter in your life. She said we should embraced these changes and understand our bodies and realize the freedom we will have in post-menopause.

Thanks for sharing your experiences (Rosemary and Patti). I hope we are still intouch when my time comes.

angel_not.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I have been monitoring this thread since it's inception a few weeks ago....

Ladies all I have to say is those of us "guys" that have lived in very close proximity to you might not understand all that happens to you at all times but we do understand and respect the changes you go through! I have been married for 30 years and 3 of my 6 kids are female... tell me something I don't know.... wink.gif

I do not profess to understand, but I do respect ( as I am sure your male companions do ) that you need your space and time...

My only question ( go ahead and hang me now... rolleyes.gif ) is do you offer the same to your male companions when they ask for space and time....

We are all complex creatures that have no control over the biology that happens to us and as soon as we realize that there is nothing that we can do to change that biology the better we can live together.

I for one do not care what you smear on your hair, paint on your face, or spray on your body... you are beautiful, you are woman! smile.gif

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Elly 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 03:21 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacReed

female

Good response shadows, can`t speak for eveyone of course, but sometimes I think I forget what men go through living with us. rolleyes.gif

isn`t life interesting LOL thumbs_up.gif

Elly biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

OK, maybe I'm just being cranky this morning but all this feeling sorry for the men we live with stuff is getting on my nerves.

I know different relationships - different circumstances.

But I have put up with 20 years of my husband's garbage, so if I go through ten years of 'changes' it's still only half the time I've already put in. With what I've already dealt with, I should be treated like a queen no matter what I dish out. biggrin.gif
Does this attitude signify it has already begun....... unsure.gif

And Shadows, my husband has all the space he wants. He takes it - with or without my blessing. However, I know he needs it, so he gets it. Damn wouldn't it be grand to be a man?

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

E, after taking the Gender Test on line it said I was a man, yuck! What do these tests know. Also I like being a girl. Even with the yucky parts.

You probably aren't really cranky this morning. Every one else is probably venting their problems on you. And the reason we get cranky is we get to feeling like we are titled "Bring your problems to me" posted on our foreheads. When we really just want someone to take ours too. Who do we go to? That's what girlfriends are for. Venting. We don't want them to do anything, just listen and shake their heads and agree with our "Bi*ching".

So fix yourself a cup of tea and tell everyone to give you a time out! And go to your corner!
I'm at work and right now I'd love to run away and play hooky. I've got ton's of stuff to do here but don't feel like doing anything. And to top it off I've got a sinus headache which doesn't help with all of the whinners that are coming in today.
A
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Shadow I knew you were a whimp! Sneaking in here and reading. I knew you'd probablly feel left out! You'd better watch it these girls are talking "the big H" and you'd better hold on to your head.

A
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]