Posted: 04-Nov-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Fall is definitely here again. Our dog and I heard a visitor in the kitchen wall the other night, after midnight. By the sound of the chewing, it was a bit larger than a mouse sad.gif Drove the dog crazy not being able to get at it! I plugged in our sonic device again (haven't needed it since last Winter), and all's quiet.

Our house has woods on two sides, across the street. I normally use bottled Coyote urine around the perimeter of our yard twice a year, but am out of it at the moment. Looks like I'll have to get some more, asap. Stuff works wonders for keeping rodents, skunks, and racoons away! (Our dog thinks skunks are meant to be caught and brought to us as trophies - YUCK!! Got sick of bathing her 5 times in two weeks one summer, sis-in-law intro'd me to the Coyote stuff. THANK HEAVENS!!)

I've also used mint oil along the baseboards in the past - to good effect - but the company that sold it doesn't offer it anymore. I like that method because it leaves the house smelling so nice, so if anyone knows where I could find more, please post a link! (Thanks)

When all else fails we will resort to D-Con, but only as a very last resort. Hate the smell in the walls when they don't get out in time, and feel guilty for such a nasty end.

Good luck everyone! They are persistant little nuisances!

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]