Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Current Events, Discuss current events around the world!
Camac
Posted: 25-Oct-2008, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

Yeah. BTW our Prime Minister is from Alberta, Calgary to be exact.His government has been re-elected for 10 days and there is a $1.7 billion defict already posted and that was just for 1 month Aug. Just over two years ago they took over with no deficit and a $12. billion surplus. One hell of a party.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 25-Oct-2008, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 25-Oct-2008, 12:36 PM)
Patch;

Yeah. BTW our Prime Minister is from Alberta, Calgary to be exact.His government has been re-elected for 10 days and there is a $1.7 billion defict already posted and that was just for 1 month Aug. Just over two years ago they took over with no deficit and a $12. billion surplus. One hell of a party.

Camac.

I never get invited to those parties. The ones I get invited to are "BYOB."

Slàinte,      

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 31-Oct-2008, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Patch/Camac,

Okay guys....I want to make sure my thinking is correct here...so OPEC folks are dropping the price of oil per barrel to make it unaffordable for Canada and the US to drill? Am I reading too much into this?

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Nov-2008, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Jillian @ 31-Oct-2008, 09:25 PM)
Patch/Camac,

Okay guys....I want to make sure my thinking is correct here...so OPEC folks are dropping the price of oil per barrel to make it unaffordable for Canada and the US to drill? Am I reading too much into this?

Jillian

That may be the thinking. Also, Russia was emerging as a major producer. Anything under $70.00 will bankrupt their country.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Nov-2008, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I just received this about 10 min. ago.

Dear Newsmax Reader:

With the election tomorrow, we urgently need your help to ensure a fair and free vote.

The Republican National Lawyers Association's ("RNLA") members are taking the lead in monitoring the vote in key swing states.

RNLA members are planning to deploy lawyers to battleground areas — but we urgently need funds.

If you can donate Go Here Now.

RNLA has led the fight to expose ACORN and its fraudulent voter registrations and massive 'get-out-the-vote' efforts nationwide.

We have been recruiting and training GOP lawyers across the country in how to fight against groups like ACORN, to protect the integrity of our election systems.

Our Advisory Council includes some of the most distinguished Republican lawyers in the nation, including President Reagan’s attorney general Edwin Meese III.

Today, the RNLA is continuing its efforts to help make sure that the November 4 election is fair and honest — and NOW we know that our job is even MORE important!

Monday’s Wall Street Journal article discloses that those in the Department of Justice in charge of protecting all voters' rights are stopping the practice of sending out vote monitors and are ...OBAMA DONORS!

We must do our job.

We at the RNLA can help ensure a fair vote. But we urgently need your help. Please donate today — Go Here Now.

Thank you for your generosity and support!

Yours,

Michael Thielen
Executive Director, RNLA

P.S. If this election is anything like 2000 and 2004 it will be close. Vote fraud could be a major factor and we need to fight against it. Please help us make a difference on election day — Donate Here Now.

Slàinte,

Patch   

PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 07-Nov-2008, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 07-Nov-2008, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I'm not sure who I would vote for on that one lol.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 08-Nov-2008, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

That was great. lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Jillian 
Posted: 08-Nov-2008, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

female

How come Joe Biden didn't get a spot?!

Jillian
InRi 
Posted: 08-Nov-2008, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Saxons

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arbing, Upper Austria

male

That's great! A new kind of campaigning, isn't it? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
Anyway it's a nice idea for many a of Austrian campaigners. The last campaign here in Austria (we elected in 28th of September a new administration too) was sooo an awful bore... bored.gif

Ingo

--------------------
Patch 
Posted: 13-Nov-2008, 01:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

From Netscape Money/Business internet news. Production cuts have had little effect. If that price holds, new production will cease.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

The crude futures contract overnight fell $3.50 to settle at $56.16, the lowest closing price since January 2007, after the U.S. Energy Department slashed its 2009 oil consumption forecast. The department said Wednesday it expects U.S. consumption of petroleum to next year drop more severely than any time since 1980. The department's Energy Information Administration said 2009 petroleum consumption is projected to sink by 250,000 barrels per day, or 1.3 percent, more than twice that projected in its previous outlook. Signs that U.S. consumer spending has plummeted also fueled pessimism. Department store retailer Macy's Inc. said sales fell more than 7 percent in the third quarter and consumer electronics retailer Best Buy Co. slashed its fiscal 2009 guidance on fears that consumer spending will erode. Morgan Stanley said it plans to cut 10 percent of staff at its institutional securities group-the bank's biggest business that covers everything from investment banking to stock trading. ``It's not just gloom and doom sentiment, it's indeed real,'' Shum said. ``Companies are showing poor earnings and announcing major job cuts. There's a lot of bad news putting downward pressure on oil.'' The grim company news helped send the Dow Jones industrial average down 4.7 percent Wednesday, and Asian stocks followed suit Thursday. Japan's benchmark Nikkei 225 index fell 5.1 percent, Hong Kong's Hang Seng index plunged 6.1 percent, and the Korea Composite Stock Price Index dropped 5.3 percent. Oil traders have looked to stock markets for guidance on investor expectations about economic growth. The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, which produces about 40 percent of world supplies, has signaled it may cut production before its next meeting in December on top of a 1.5 million barrel reduction in output quotas last month. ``I think OPEC considers $50 a must-defend price,'' Shum said. ``There are bullish elements that the market has been ignoring.'' In other Nymex trading, heating oil futures fell 1.39 cents to $1.82 a gallon, while gasoline prices dropped 0.3 cents to $1.24 a gallon. Natural gas for December delivery slid 8.6 cents to $6.32 per 1,000 cubic feet. In London, December Brent crude fell 41 cents to $51.96 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 13-Nov-2008, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

female

It's the economic war they wanted...and now they're getting it. Our guys sat back saying, "nah, don't worry...our economy is strong"....

Jillian
Jillian 
Posted: 14-Nov-2008, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

female

Pennsylvania's Lt. Governor - Catherine Baker Knoll died of cancer. Knoll, 78, the first woman elected lieutenant governor, died Wednesday of complications from neuroendocrine cancer. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Resulting from her passing, Governor Ed Rendell (Democrat), will now have a Republican Lt. Governor as the Senate president pro tempore, Joseph B. Scarnati III, takes office as lieutenant governor. This is a first for Pennsylvania (having a D-Governor and a R-Lt. Governor).

"An unusual provision in the Constitution - one that withstood a recent court challenge - allows Scarnati to retain his role as a Senate leader, as State Sen. Robert Jubelirer did in 2001 when he became lieutenant governor." Amy Worden
Inquirer Harrisburg Bureau.

Jillian

Patch 
Posted: 14-Nov-2008, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Below is a paragraph from Netscape news, received a few min. ago, which stands alone. It certainly seems to raise a lot of questions. Also, "smart" and "Government" should not be used in the same sentence considering what we have done!

"Ahead of the summit, Bush warned his counterparts on Thursday not to crush the global economy under a raft of strict new financial regulations. ``We must recognize that government intervention is not a cure-all,'' Bush said. ``Our aim should not be more government. It should be smarter government.''

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 14-Nov-2008, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Patch @ 14-Nov-2008, 12:51 PM)
``We must recognize that government intervention is not a cure-all,'' Bush said. ``Our aim should not be more government. It should be smarter government.''

What he really means is the less government there is, the less the oversight on policy and practice, and the less chance that kleptocrats like his cronies will get caught. dry.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]