Patch 
Posted: 31-Oct-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I caught on video news this AM that due to last summers weather extremes, the price of peanut butter is set for a dramatic rise with the Peter Pan brand to start the parade today. I would guess that it has probably taken place over night.

Peanut butter has been a protein source for low income families and seniors for a long time. Also, a healthy lunch item for school children. I personally use it as a buffer against glucose spikes in the AM. I may go back to a whey additive for the buffer. It makes my breakfast gruel taste funny but it works.

I suspect we have more price increases yet to come.

Slàinte,   

Patch   

PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 03-Nov-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
52,863 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I guess I'll have to start buying the store brand of my favorite snack. I'm on a high protein diet & PB is the easiest way to get protein.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Nov-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Most store brands have remained stable. My sister went to the grocery the day I sent her the info and found that her husband's favorite brand went up by 70%. She said she was pondering the possibility of washing the brand name jars (she had several in reserve) and filling them with store brand peanut butter. She opted not to do that.

Their family are all vegetarians and consume different diets. The daughter is Chinese and she follows a Chinese vegan diet. My brother in law consumes vegetable protein with peanut butter being a major part of it. My sister is an animal rights person who eats any animal protein where the animal is not harmed.

Having a meal at their house is interesting and varied to say the least.

I eat peanut butter as part of a way to control blood sugar. Beyond that, I do not believe we clawed and fought our way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables.

If you look at commodity prices, all foods are set for a major price increase. Some of the poorer countries will see food priced out of the reach of their population.

Peanut butter can be stored so it is a protein source to stock up on against a crisis.

Slàinte,  

Patch  
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]