Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Osama Bin Laden Killed?, News reports are that it is true.
stevenpd 
Posted: 01-May-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

There are rumors that Osama bin Laden has been killed through US military action in Pakistan.

Reports that I have heard are that either a bomb got him or a delta type team terminated him. Supposedly they have his body as well.

Obama has not made his announcement as of this writing at 10:30PM ET. He called for a press conference without identifying what it is about.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 01-May-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Osama bin Laden, hunted as the mastermind behind the worst-ever terrorist attack on U.S. soil, has been killed, sources told ABC News.

Specific details of how and where the al Qaeda mastermind was killed were not immediately available, but sources said U.S. forces have the body and DNA testing confirmed that it was bin Laden.

A national security source said that bin Laden was not killed in a drone strike, but declined to go into details about the forces that killed him.

I know Obama will take the credit and use this to his best advantage. I just wonder how far he will go with this.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

If he did this for political reasons it will likely backfire on him. there will certainly be attacks directed toward us in retribution and though we have been lucky in the past luck will not always be with us. It was enlightening as to how soon they were able to obtain the DNA match.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 03-May-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Well, lets see, he definitely got the job done with competence and guts, conducted himself with the dignity befitting his office, he did so without any cowboy rhetoric, without landing carrier landing theatrics with a mission accomplished banner suggesting the end to a conflict that still rages, and he accomplished in less than one term what his predecessor couldn't do in two, so I'd say that's change we can believe in.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Actually seal team 6 got the job done. The ground work getting info through rendition started under bush and obama continued it,
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 03-May-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Thank you for providing us with common knowledge. Let me return the favor. SEAL teams don't act independently but under orders.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 04-May-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I know much about that sort of thing. They get orders to go and then they act independently of further instruction. Oddly, obama only got a 6% bump in the polls. Bush Sr. jumped to 80% plus with the invasion of Iraq though it did not last long. The next election will be based on the economy unless other terrorist cells attack us before then. They do not need Bin Lauden to continue. They also act independently. We assigned credit for the three thousand plus who died, to him and for that "he" had to die, either the way he did or by trial. That is the value of taking him out no more, no less.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 06-May-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Now it appears this could turn out to be the biggest security blunder since the "Gary Powers" incident over Russia years ago.

We left behind and intact a significant portion of a top secret air frame which is now in the hands of pakistan's authorities and being swarmed over by the Chinese and others.

A number of our legislators on both sides, without thinking, spoke out against Pakistan and now the administration is "begging" for the return of that portion of the helicopter.

Had Pakistan not released pictures of the tail of the helicopter which had fallen outside the wall during the hard landing we likely would never have known that the air frame design had been compromised.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]