Patch 
Posted: 19-Nov-2009, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

My dad probably had the bit of whiskey now and again but he certainly had his share of hot peppers. I do not recall that he had many if any colds and such.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 19-Nov-2009, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

The whiskey and peppers will certainly help you sweat it out!!

hope you feel better soon Camac.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
wdorholt 
Posted: 20-Nov-2009, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

Good discussion folks. I always look forward to seeing posts from Antwyn, Jillian, Patch, Camac, and others. Dogshirt, I must admit I make the assumption that you are embellishing your points and attempting humor rather than hurt in your posts. I hope I am correct.

I admit to being guilty of harboring bad thoughts towards our previous President and his administration and needed to hold my tongue on more than a few occasions. I retired recently after working for Republican administrations the majority of my 33 years of employment in government, and I am a Democrat. I am very proud of what we accomplished during that time, and though we had similar discussions to what is described by Camac, we managed to figure out how to move forward and do things, accomodating as much of the varying points of views as we could. Being in the other party, I got to voice my concerns, say I told you so occasionally and also eat my words. Our ability to do this is what makes us a strong nation, just not as polite as Camac's always!

And finally, I must agree with Dogshirt on his formula for fighting the flu. I have been told to do that by many in both the medical and distillery professions!

--------------------
Is beannaithe iad a shantaíonn an ceartas
(Blessed are those who desire justice)
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 20-Nov-2009, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Wdorholt,

I think "Distillery Professional" should fall under insurance coverage as holistic medicine!

Jillian cool.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 20-Nov-2009, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Dogshirt;
I can partake of half your remedy, the peppers but the alcohol is a no no and as much as I would like to have a drink sometimes I'm not quite ready to die. Last night I took my own remedy which is a hot bath, hot enough to turn me a bit red, put on wool socks, flannel PJ.s, and my floor length terry robe took some NeoCitran, threw two comforters on the bed got in and sweated all night. This morning I feel half human again. I will repeat the remedy to night and by to- morrow I should be back to my old cantankerous self. Thanks to all for the advice and wishes.

As to gun control, well most of you know my stance on firearms, just don't understand the need for them in private hands. I will admit though that there are times I wish I could get a hold of one as there are a few of my fellow Canucks I would like to blow away but that is my anger surfacing. A good arguement is great for the heart and the mind. Gets the blood pumping and makes the mind go into overdrive but when it's over one shouldn't hold a grudge. Causes High Blood Pressure and headaches. Anyway by not holding a grudge throws your adversary off guard so you can zap him/her the next time.

Camac

PS; Devious S.O.B. ain't I.

Patch 
Posted: 20-Nov-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

This is a quote and I do not know who should get the credit

"God created men--Samuel Colt made them equal."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 20-Nov-2009, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

My Dad use to say that and he was not a lover of guns either. Something about to many Germans trying to use him for target practice.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 20-Nov-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I had some "interesting" experiences and never once blamed the gun. I did hold a grudge against the person using it.

Everyone makes their choices based on their life experiences and that is as it should be.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
wdorholt 
Posted: 21-Nov-2009, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

QUOTE (Jillian @ 20-Nov-2009, 07:08 AM)
Wdorholt,

I think "Distillery Professional" should fall under insurance coverage as holistic medicine!

Jillian cool.gif

Good one, Jillian!
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 21-Nov-2009, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Your right about life's experiences. The main reason I am for gun control is in part selfish. It is to keep them out of my reach for I find it to easy to sucumb to the feeling of omipotence that they gave me. When having to use them I found the adrenalin rush unbelievable then the crash and the self anger at having lost control.
In the cold light of day I knew what I had done was necessary and I would do it again when called upon. It was those brief periods, mercifuly, of use, that I came to Love/Hate. I find it strange looking back that even then I was not a violent person just had a flaw that at times took control. I have long since learned to over come that defect. I am not a pacifist for I strongly believe that there are times and situations where one must fight but thankfully I am getting to long in the tooth to do so. Also my Friend I am a believer in Honour amongst Warriors and sadly it seems I am becoming an endagered species.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 21-Nov-2009, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

You call it a flaw, though I see it as basic human survival instinct. For some it kicks in when death is eminent. For others it appears a bit sooner. You indicate that you fear you would use a firearm improperly in anger. In our communications I would not have any reason to believe you would. Actually in a bad situation, I would be happy to cover your back and would welcome the same from you.

Again, each arrives at his own decision and I would not attempt to change your mind.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 21-Nov-2009, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

Thanks. I would not try to change your mind either. One thing though it has been so long that I defended someones back I'm libel to shoot my foot off or worse some other essential body part.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 21-Nov-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

It is much like riding a bicycle or typing. It comes back quickly. I practice regularly to determine just how accurate I still am and find the time relaxing.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 21-Nov-2009, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch; Maybe so but the last time I held a weapon in my hand was April of 73 just before I left Germany.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 21-Nov-2009, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A few years back a grand mother of 60 plus years took a personal defense/safety class I was giving. The gun dealer had sold her a short bbl 45 acp and police plus P ammo. She had not fired a weapon since she was a teenager and shot with her father. (a WW2 vet)

I expected that she would soon be looking to sell the 45 and after a bit of warm up shooting at a sheet of paper that 100 lb lady set the standard for the class. She called her shots and could "neuter" the target. The one male in the class gave me a sideways look and I give him a thumbs up and a smile. God help anyone who would attempt to harm her!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]