Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Sep-2003, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Dia dhuit (hello) Kathie,

It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the celtic family. It takes a while to explore all the forums, but well worth the exploration. The Highlander bunch are a great people. At Highlander you will learn about so many different cultures and histories within each celtic group and country. So have a pint on me and enjoy. beer_mug.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 24-Sep-2003, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

As in most things, I appear to have begun in the middle instead of the beginning. So, perhaps I should go back and introduce myself.
My name is Elspeth and I live in a suburban city in Ohio yucky.gif and have four kids, a husband, a dog and two cats. So if I at times appear insane you?ll know why! wacko.gif

I have been listening to Highlander Radio for over a year now. I discovered it while researching my last book. A book that is set, in part, in Scotland. So, in order to better understand the setting, I needed to hear the music of the land. Most of my book was written (600 pages) to the strains of this station, so I?ve logged quite a bit of time on-line with you all. I cannot emphatically enough express my gratitude for those who put this music out there for us to enjoy. And commercial free! And when I wasn't listening to Highlander Radio, I was listening to cds of artists I discovered here.
As I delve more deeply into the genealogy of my family, I repeatedly discover ancestor after ancestor who married a Scottish lass. So, when all my pieces parts are added together I find myself to be half Scots. About as big of a percentage and we Americans get. That is perhaps why when I pull up pictures of Scotland and listen to its music, I feel intuitively at home. I cannot wait until the day we can actually go there. I want to get lost in the highlands, my husband on the golf courses.
There is so much I still want to discover and I have begun to explore the forums. I am sure you will see my posts as I ask many a question in the future. Thanks to all who have already welcomed me into their midst. cool.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 24-Sep-2003, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Sep 24 2003, 11:13 AM)
As in most things, I appear to have begun in the middle instead of the beginning. So, perhaps I should go back and introduce myself.
My name is Elspeth and I live in a suburban city in Ohio yucky.gif and have four kids, a husband, a dog and two cats. So if I at times appear insane you?ll know why! wacko.gif

Don't worry, Elspeth. Insanity pretty much runs rampant here biggrin.gif beer_mug.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
RavenWing 
Posted: 24-Sep-2003, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

QUOTE (Herrerano @ Sep 24 2003, 04:25 AM)
La cerveza aqui is bien fria y creo que Mike es comprando esta rondo.

lol.gif

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 25-Sep-2003, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Tis A Wee Greeting to Everyone !
As I am new to having the time to enjoy celtic radio and talking with other who share the love of this type of music, I bid all ladies and gents a good evening. For months I have been connecting and listening to the music but didn't have the time to really check out this web site to know there are others that I can talk to who love this music...for all interested. Atlanta Ga is holding their Stone Mt games Oct 18, 03. I'd love to hear of any and all up coming games out there. I am a member of the House of Gordon Clan here in Ga ( not to mention born a Gordon Too) and have meet many other Gordon's from around the world. In Oct of last year I got the chance to go back to the Family castle in Huntley Scotland which was very moving. So if there are any Gordon's out there, please let me hear from you.
In all things Scottish,
Annabelle rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 25-Sep-2003, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

HOLA
BIENVENIDOS A TODOS
cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif

Leo cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 25-Sep-2003, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Hey, Leo, did you do that with that html thingy?

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 26-Sep-2003, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

That is the irritating marquee tag, I think it only works if you are using IE, it will just look like a normal post if you are using Netscape. Their irritating tag is called blink, but since I don't have netscape I won't know if it works or not.

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 26-Sep-2003, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I like the effect. Gets me thinking of other possibilities.... angel_not.gif angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
jabberwocky 
  Posted: 29-Sep-2003, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Ohio

male

Well OK... Hello...My name is J (short for jabberwocky) wink.gif

I live in Ohio, though I am a transplanted southern boy. I have a wife, two boys, a dog, (and a partridge in a pear tree). I have a great love for all kinds of music, but have recently been very drawn to Celtic music. I have a musical background, though I am not a career musician, and would love to learn to play the bohdran. I'm also interested in geneaology and history.

I'm learning my way around here. I don't normally like online chats, because you can never see who you are talking to. unsure.gif

PMEmail Poster               
tartangal 
Posted: 29-Sep-2003, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

J , Welcome, biggrin.gif
I have to say that NOT being able to see us could be a distinct advantage given the state that I am sometimes in when I bring myself to the computer biggrin.gif

--------------------
Jules

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 29-Sep-2003, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (tartangal @ Sep 29 2003, 01:32 PM)
J , Welcome, biggrin.gif
I have to say that NOT being able to see us could be a distinct advantage given the state that I am sometimes in when I bring myself to the computer biggrin.gif

Ditto. Sometimes I look so bad, when I pass a mirror, my reflection runs and hides biggrin.gif !
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ranger 
Posted: 29-Sep-2003, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Ditto. Sometimes I look so bad, when I pass a mirror, my reflection runs and hides  !

Ha! I'll have to remember that one.
PMEmail Poster               
High Plains Drifter 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Colorado

male

I found this site a couple of days ago and immediately registered. I feel that it is about time to introduce myself to the forum. I reside in northern Colorado with my bride of 33 years. I brew my own beer, grind my coffee fresh, drink good bourbon and single malt scotch. (Life is too short to drink cheap beverage!!) I enjoy most things Scottish, but not haggis. I have 3 daughters and six grandkids, and in February. I will become a great-grandpa. I am descended from a sept of Clan Campbell of Cawdor. I am the family historian/genealogist. i will wrap it up for now, I'm sure that you will learn more about me from future posts.beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif

war.gif

--------------------
Be Mindful
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I too am a little late in my posting here.

As you could probably tell, I use my given Anglo name. However most people in the World knows me by my Tribal name "Bear Coat". My Family comes from many cultures and I try to claim them all. Its not easy claiming my French and German Heritage at these current times. But that is to bad for them.

My interests are No. 1 "Trout Fishing" it's not for the want of catching fish, even though that is a plus. Just being outdoors. In the last 25 years I fished for Trout, I have only kept four. I usually put the back so that there will be more fish later.

I tie all my own flies even came up with some of my own patterns.

I love playing my guitar and singing Folk Songs. I have been playing for 33 years now. Even done some stage performances.

I am Second Drummer and Singer for the Shawnee Nation, United Remnant Band. Second only to our Chief. Done several stage performances at this too. The largest crowd I ever sang in front of was over 100,000 people at Central Park in New York. I thought I would be nervous but I did just fine. I didn't get nervous until a little 10 year old girl asked me for my autograph.

I even find time to do Geneology which I have done for over 18 years.

But most of all I just enjoy Life. So keep the music coming. thumbs_up.gif

May you walk in balance with Creator.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]