Patch 
Posted: 17-Feb-2009, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

The state plans to lay off 20,000 and cut construction projects by half. That will cost thousands more their jobs.

Unfortunately as revenue shrinks, government must also shrink.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 17-Feb-2009, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

Not if they can brow beat one more Republican State Senator into supporting the Democrat and Governator's plan to "temporarily" raise taxes 10+ billion dollars and borrow another 10+billion dollars (from who?, possibly from the soon to be federalized banks or the Feds themselves). You can bet that no matter what happens there are certain groups that will be exempt from any sacrifice.

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 17-Feb-2009, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

No group should be exempt though you are right. This is just the beginning of "revenue shrink." We are going to have to get used to having less govt service.

Wait till the street lights are "rationed" to cut cost. Criminals like the night.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 18-Feb-2009, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 17-Feb-2009, 01:10 PM)
Wait till the street lights are "rationed" to cut cost. Criminals like the night.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Agreed--armed criminals also like gun control laws that insure victims are limited to calling 911, AKA "dial-a-prayer."

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Feb-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

For now we have the "Castle Doctrine" and concealed carry. I have a neighbor who never wanted ammunition for her grandfathers shotgun and her fathers hand gun until there was a home invasion in the neighborhood. Now she does. I got her a laymans book for "legal" home protection and ammunition, made sure she knew how to load aim and fire both and how to make each safe.

When the weather gets better we will go to the family farm and she can shoot a bit.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 20-Feb-2009, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

California balances budget. Taxes raised by 13 Billion. I hope they had a buffer as revenues are projected to shrink for some time yet in all but three states.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 20-Feb-2009, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

Alberta had a "Rainey Day Fund " of some 13 Billion or more. This year they are posting a 1 Billion deficit. Oil revenues are down and as long as oil stays below $60, per barrel the Tar Sands can't make money.

Camac.

The Times they are a changing.

Patch 
Posted: 20-Feb-2009, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

They are, and I wish I knew where this was going. I would not be surprised to see a monetary devaluation in most if not all of the world markets. Your oil sand would be viable again and maybe things would start the trek back to normalcy. That option I have not fully researched yet. It does seem that nearly every option has a down side.

This is going to be quite an education and possibly an expensive one too.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 21-Feb-2009, 01:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

"Unfortunately as revenue shrinks, government must also shrink."

Amazing the idiocy and wanton recklessness of the US Federal Government that when the economy tanks and revenue shrinks, they think going on the biggest spending spree ever - no questions asked - is the solution. We are probably going to see an inflation whiplash coming beyond the highs of the Jimmy Carter reign which had reached 17%. But the devaluation of our funny-money and nation's T-Bills etc have not reached bottom yet. Better save your peanuts and pay off your debts as soon as humanly possible!

Do not trust in mankind, trust in God. That is the lesson former generations in the USA learned when they had to live as victims through the mysterious rise of the centralized banking cartel known as the Federal Reserve and the resulting Great Depression and then the fantastically failed New Deal policies marketed to "save" the state ... it may be that only World War II and its aftermath really corrected the situation of our past.

The legacy of "in God We Trust" on our paper money should be quite profound for all of us about right now... With the advent of the 1st black President, such a symbolic victory for our nation over its past crime of racial slavery, it looks like we may all become slaves or bond-servants of this socialized government.

O where is there a bonnie Prince Charlie to lead us?... Or is that just the problem. We already have too many "Pretenders" in our government.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]