Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What's Your Solution?, What a messed up Country we live!!
Bookmark and Share
robert553 
Posted: 02-Apr-2007, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Nixon, Texas

male

I read this the other day and it stuck in my mind-it was the way I feel but it sounds better. I would like to hear what you all think the possible solution is.

Don't waste a moment thinking about what “policies” might be better than the ones we have. The fact is that the institutions we have, absolutely guarantee insane policies, and unless the balance of power between the elites and the rest of us is changed, then those institutions will continue to manufacture insanity day in and day out. And there is, needless to say, no institutional way to change the balance of power. The institutions exist to maintain the balance of power – or, more accurately, to tip the balance of power ever more toward the elites. Changing the balance of power requires interfering with the institutions, and impairing or impeding their operation. In short: stop traffic.
I see no feasible short term way to accomplish this. All I see are people trying so hard to push their political agenda. That's ok but not the solution.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Emmet 
Posted: 03-Apr-2007, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

What makes you think that there is a solution?

--------------------
robert553 
Posted: 03-Apr-2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

male

It hasn't always been like this now. Things have gradually gotten worse and worse. There has to be light at the end of the tunnel-hopefully not radioactive light!
John Clements 
Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Let’s start with whipping the slate clean. Then we can begin all over again, starting with campaign finance reform, strengthen the separation of church and state, along with drug and polygraph testing for all potations. While we’re at it, I would also tell all the CEO’s and major share holders of corporations, doing their banking and manufacturing off shore. To go live where they’re where they’re doing it.
I don’t think I’m going to live long enough to cover it all?
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (robert553 @ 03-Apr-2007, 07:49 PM)
It hasn't always been like this now. Things have gradually gotten worse and worse. There has to be light at the end of the tunnel-hopefully not radioactive light!

Worse than what? Monarchist/Peasant systems?

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (robert553 @ 03-Apr-2007, 09:49 PM)

Well with the way a lot of Americans are thinking today, it's not going to get better anytime soon.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
robert553 
Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

male

You are all right- so far. But how do we wipe the slate clean and start all over. So far, History shows that we- as humans- only seem to get our heads out of our butts after major calamities or catastrophies. Only problem is that the future looks pretty bleak for humanity if we don't figure out something.
Emmet 
Posted: 05-Apr-2007, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

History shows that we- as humans- only seem to get our heads out of our butts after major calamities or catastrophies.

Or not...consider Vietnam vis-à-vis Iraq, or that some of the most densely populated urban areas of Italy are built on the lava flows of Mount Vesuvius. The free market economics espoused so passionately by today's neo-cons (neo-Fascists) are pretty much word-for-word those of Charles Trevelyan. WWI, 30 years later WWII...I'm sure than upon further consideration other examples will come to mind.

the future looks pretty bleak for humanity if we don't figure out something.

Humanity doesn't have a future; bleak or otherwise. Our entire civilization is based solely upon the unlimited and ever-increasing consumption of a finite and non-renewable natural resource; crude oil. Production will inevitably peak and then irreversibly decline, but demand will not ("Biofuels" require more energy to manufacture than they produce; they're essentially fraudulent farm subsidies for the sole benefit of companies like Con-Agra and Arthur Daniels Midland).Within 50 years (or less) it'll all be over. Just think of the institutionalized narcissistic egocentrism that characterizes American society ("rugged individualism"); there isn't going to be any chivalric Birkenhead drill; women & children first. Remember the "Mad Max/Road Warrior" movies?

Our civilization's entire agricultural system is entirely dependent upon crude oil, for fuel for farm machinery, fuel for irrigation, oil derived fertilizers and pesticides; approximately 400 gallons per person annually. This doesn't include transportation costs; the average piece of food in the US is transported almost 1,500 miles before it gets to your plate. In Canada, the average piece of food is transported 5,000 miles from where it is produced to where it is consumed. In 1600 there were 500 million people on the planet. There are 6.5 billion people on the planet now; By 2050 there will be 11.5 billion, but there will only be iron-age agricultural technology to feed them, and the full effects of global warming and environmental degradation will be kicking in with a vengeance. Within the next 50 years humanity will face a global Malthusian check which will make the Potato Famine look like an Romanesque orgiastic feast. If more than 10% survives I'd be shocked; if none survive I wouldn't be surprised.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt