Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New Show Coming!, An exciting new adventure!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,853 Gold!

We have some very exciting news about an upcoming new show on Highlander Radio. In fact, it is very possible that we are breaking new ground in Celtic music with two very different digital media services working together for the betterment and advancement of Celtic music in general.

An award winning Celtic podcast that contains the latest Celtic music and Interviews will be airing a number of times during the week on Highlander Radio. The shows are about a half hour long and we will be making use of our broadcast content delivery system to automate the whole process.

We will have more details about the person that runs this show, but we can tell you that they are top notch! Our goal in playing this award winning Podcast on Highlander Radio is to introduce our radio listeners to this Celtic music podcast so that when you finally do take a dive and buy an iPod, you'll actually know where to get some good Celtic music!

Will have more details to follow very soon! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Sounds great, Paul! Hey, how are you getting rest by doing all of this work wink.gif ?

Thanks for all you do to keep this radio station great!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,853 Gold!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Killian might be watching smile.gif

Actually, alot of this stuff was already in the works!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Stray Cats Live Here 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Sounds interesting, and since I already own a few iPods....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

You mean I have to give up my phonograph?

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 06-Oct-2006, 05:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

sounds awesome!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
ballydun 
Posted: 06-Oct-2006, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Sounds interesting, and since I already own a few iPods....

What does one do with a few i-pods? I can't even begin to fill up the one I have!
I do listen to a few great celtic podcasts already, I can't wait!!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
parkers1 

I'm away until 12/31/2014
  Posted: 06-Oct-2006, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacReed

Realm: Down Texas way - Round Rock, Tx

male

Must be feeling better, don't over do it, may have to have Killiam sit on you.Lookin Good mighty fine - to far advanced for an old fart like me but the younguns should really like it.....

--------------------
Al down Texas way
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 06-Oct-2006, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,853 Gold!

Yes, I am trying to take it easy! smile.gif Thankyou!

Well, you will be surprised to know that you can be 9 or 90 to listen to a pod-cast. Don't let the name think that it is somesort of techno gadget that is harder to program than a VCR (Hmmm maybe I'm getting old!).

The idea of playing this podcast on Highlander Radio is to introduce our listeners to this technology, without having to do anything but listen. A podcast is like a radio show, basically, they play music, interview a few musicians and talk a bit.

What you will hear when this podcast plays is a Celtic music show featuring music and interviews.

For our listeners that will want to hear this podcast on their ipods, we will have all of the details shortly. We are just going to be testing some stuff out this weekend and hopefully next week this show will start. Then we will give all of the details! smile.gif
Stray Cats Live Here 
Posted: 06-Oct-2006, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (ballydun @ 06-Oct-2006, 12:34 PM)

What does one do with a few i-pods? I can't even begin to fill up the one I have!
I do listen to a few great celtic podcasts already, I can't wait!!

lol. There's the first ipod I got, a 6GB mini. I got pestered repeatedly for it earlier this year, so when I finally gave it over to my husband, I got myself a 60GB ipod. My 7 yr old granddaughter enjoys listening, so I got a 1GB Shuffle for her when the prices went down. Now they've gone down in price even more, and my daughter is begging me for one for when she rides the T.... hopefully not as loud as the guy I sat next to that one day I was in Boston.. yikes.

and a podcast is nothing more than an MP3 format that can be streamed or downloaded and listened to later, doesn't have to play on an ipod. smile.gif

Which reminds me, I need to go sign up again, after the last format, for the Wait Wait Don't Tell Me! Podcasts
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]