Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Capital Punishment

Do you think we should use capital punishment?
Yes [ 18 ]  [62.07%]
No [ 7 ]  [24.14%]
Other(post answer) [ 4 ]  [13.79%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
Jillian 
Posted on 15-Aug-2008, 05:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Methylphenidate,

I do remember Kojak (I'm 46)! But I don't remember the Dennemora reference! I love that show. Telly Savalas used to have property in Phillipsburg, New Jersey (where I was born and raised) and would go to Ebner's (this little soda fountain/coffee shop/convenience store) in the mornings-about 5 minutes from my house.. He was a regular guy and well-liked...but I digress. It seems that there are a lot of people on forum that would like to see the death penalty, but I hear and appreciate the dissenters or hesitators (Patch made a good point) due to such illegitimate court proceedings and convictions. It seems a good compromise would be a more strict prison system-and would satisfy both sides (such as the ones we've spoken of).

It's a tough debate. There's a part of me that gets angry and would love to see more criminals fry when the evil in this world seems to prosper, while innocent people suffer the consequences. But then there's a part of me that remembers my Christian upbringing and the "revenge is mine sayeth the Lord" wafts through my head. Do we risk some innocents getting fried because of an impotent and corrupt judicial system? I don't think we really want that, so I guess that's why I lean towards the "basic needs" penitentiary system that is supplemented by working chain gangs. No one was ever hurt by hard work...in fact many free citizens work 2 jobs doing hard labor to make ends meet. Criminals have been allowed to feel entitled regarding comforts. When I worked w/the gangs and they would complain, I used to ask them constantly why they thought life should always be fair...because it isn't and that's a reality humans face every day. It's about learning how to cope w/discouragement and working through it, going around it, or rising above it.

Great topic for discussion.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted on 20-Aug-2008, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Am all for it.Too much psycho loose on the streets or anywhere for that matter.Not even safe on a bus these days without some maniac jumping on a fellow sleeping beside him and stab him over 50 times and endup cutting off his head AND on top like if it wasn't enough,cut off the kid's nose and one ear and put it in his pocket to eat later on...the kid was killed because he was asleep...
No sick or not I say "capital punishment" is a just and deserving fate for any monstrous crimes committed by anybody.
Even here in a small community a freaking psycho intruded into a family's house and kidnap the mother of two young kids asleep in bed only to kill her,steal her bank card use them steal her money and her husband's and bring her in a house that had belong to his grandmother in the past and was now empty and deserted and again sexually agressed her while alive and after he had killed her.She was killed because the front door wasn't lock...
No, there is no doubt in my mind, sick or not these bastards don't deserve to live not even in prison, especially our prisons these days are deluxe hotels, once they have taken freely another's life, no matter their mental state.
Parasite are not only insects, they can be under a human form....
Too easy to pretend to be sick....

Just my two pence...LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted on 20-Aug-2008, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

LOA;

I'm all for it also. They should have given Bernardo the needle along with Homolka.
He rots in jail at our expense and she gets 12 years then walks. One of the people they killed was Homolkas' sister after they drugged and raped her. Great justice system.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted on 20-Aug-2008, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Yeah! The odd couple eh! At least the pig is still in prison but the other cow (sorry I'm upset now)is walking the streets on the pretense that she is now a normal person. Let me say that she didn't find peace even here in Quebec because everywhere she set foot journalists or any who would recognize her, bang the media was on her back,now she's gone I don't know where and frankly couldn't care less, she could be to lalaland and it would make any difference to me.
Too bad we the people can't make the justice with these monsters that walks our streets.

Another two pence,LOA
PM My Photo Album               
Dogshirt 
Posted on 20-Aug-2008, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

How about you get the death penalty, THEN you can appeal. If the next court turns you down, you're dead in 48 hours! NO further appeals, no more TAXPAYERS expense. 2 strikes and you're DED dead!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted on 21-Aug-2008, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 20-Aug-2008, 09:53 PM)
How about you get the death penalty, THEN you can appeal. If the next court turns you down, you're dead in 48 hours! NO further appeals, no more TAXPAYERS expense. 2 strikes and you're DED dead!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

The you that you refer to in your post is addressed to whom exactly.I certainly hope it's not towards me, if you mean the condemn, then I say no appeal for crimes like I described above, let me explain if I may.

We live in a deranged world even if we'd like to pretend otherwise.More and more people are under the influence of drugs even kids.Ever since the laws about the human rights were change and "deranged" people are allowed to walk amongst society like normal people these disgusting events occur more and more often.
Some people are just drugs addicts and some need their supervised drugs to be administered in hospitals and the latter should be institulized not loose on the streets.
So in my eyes, somewhere in their heads, like the one who cut off the head of a poor kid who happened to sleep on the seat beside that psycho,is asking himself to have the court kill him,so again, somewhere this nut knows what he did, he can't control himself, look at Jeffrey Dahmer and I could go on and on.
No, again there is no doubt in my mind,no appeal because if during that appeal the condemn happened on a judge that on this particular day feels generous and returns the judgment of death penalty...well we're back to square one,our mister monster gets the good life in prison while the victims families deals with the injustice that the monster is still alive when he has no right anymore, because the minute one takes another's life,one take away his or her right to live anylonger.
And again maybe you'll find me harsh but 48 hours is too long,we can't afford this kind of luxury anymore with tugs that laughs at the rules of a society.

Thanks for reading my ranting

LOA ranting.gif
PM My Photo Album               
Dogshirt 
Posted on 21-Aug-2008, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 20-Aug-2008, 09:53 PM)

The you that you refer to in your post is addressed to whom exactly.I certainly hope it's not towards me, if you mean the condemn, then I say no appeal for crimes like I described above, let me explain if I may.

We live in a deranged world even if we'd like to pretend otherwise.More and more people are under the influence of drugs even kids.Ever since the laws about the human rights were change and "deranged" people are allowed to walk amongst society like normal people these disgusting events occur more and more often.
Some people are just drugs addicts and some need their supervised drugs to be administered in hospitals and the latter should be institulized not loose on the streets.
So in my eyes, somewhere in their heads, like the one who cut off the head of a poor kid who happened to sleep on the seat beside that psycho,is asking himself to have the court kill him,so again, somewhere this nut knows what he did, he can't control himself, look at Jeffrey Dahmer and I could go on and on.
No, again there is no doubt in my mind,no appeal because if during that appeal the condemn happened on a judge that on this particular day feels generous and returns the judgment of death penalty...well we're back to square one,our mister monster gets the good life in prison while the victims families deals with the injustice that the monster is still alive when he has no right anymore, because the minute one takes another's life,one take away his or her right to live anylonger.
And again maybe you'll find me harsh but 48 hours is too long,we can't afford this kind of luxury anymore with tugs that laughs at the rules of a society.

Thanks for reading my ranting

LOA

Of course not YOU specifically, but I'm tired of my tax dollars taking care of these a$$holes for years! Kill them and get rid of them! As Judge Judy says "Put a period and move on!"

beer_mug.gif

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted on 22-Aug-2008, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 21-Aug-2008, 10:50 PM)

Of course not YOU specifically, but I'm tired of my tax dollars taking care of these a$$holes for years! Kill them and get rid of them! As Judge Judy says "Put a period and move on!"

beer_mug.gif

Ah! I feel better now sweatdrop.gif sorry for misunserstanding your meaning.
That's how it is with tired french pea soups...sometimes we don't get the real meaning of things...I guess I was a wee bit slow that night sad.gif

So said, I cannot agree more, I too is real tired of paying for these so called "sick people" I guess like Patch stated in a previous posts. Society is in great need of reevaluate its moral values and principals from the ground up.

Thanks, LOA
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted on 22-Aug-2008, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

What I am about to suggest will seem somewhat barbaric but I just came up with a solution the the criminal problem and the enviromental problem affecting the Polar Bears. Those condemned to death should be staked out naked on the Arctic ice pack. They will slowly freeze to death and their carcasses can supply meat for the bears. Two problem solved.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted on 22-Aug-2008, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 22-Aug-2008, 09:42 AM)
What I am about to suggest will seem somewhat barbaric but I just came up with a solution the the criminal problem and the enviromental problem affecting the Polar Bears. Those condemned to death should be staked out naked on the Arctic ice pack. They will slowly freeze to death and their carcasses can supply meat for the bears. Two problem solved.

Camac.

What a fantastic idea...yeah! Feed the bear and preserve nature...You should write this suggestion to our Prime Minister Camac.... twisted.gif

It can't be worst then the monks in some Tibet mountain when one dies they put the dead on the ground and watch it rot and get eaten by the vultures.
See another good example of earth natural food chain.... thumbs_up.gif

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
st andrews cross 
Posted on 05-Nov-2008, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Florida

male

Oh I just HAVE to comment here !!!

Fry them until they stop smoking !

I do think that prisons serve a purpose for white collar criminals, petty thieves, and other non-violent criminals. While they are there they can work off their debt.
They get paid minimum wage less expenses (room n board, meals, clothes and sundrys) No TV, no cigarettes, no weight equipment etc. A very bare bones, spartan existance. No conjugal visits, no time off for good behaviour. If they cannot, they must learn to read. When their debt is paid off (to the victims), then and only then does the subject of release come up.

As to violent criminals. They have proved to be a blight on society. They die now. Any murderer, rapist, child molester and such, when they are found guilty (beyond a shadow of a doubt) they are taken out of the courtroom and executed. No last meal, no appeals. These types of people have shown they will repeat their crimes over and over. Remove them from the picture and second offenses become a thing of the past. And I'm sorry but if you are mentally handicapped or "crazy", you get executed too. You may not understand your crime but you still committed it.
If there is doubt then it's a different story. Proof must be absolute. With forensic evidence and CCTV cams everywhere it is not hard to prove a crime nowadays.
There are also some situations where some crimes are justified - the woman who kills her violent, abusive husband in self defense as he's beating her for the 100the time, the shopkeeper who is defending his property and life against armed robbers, the intended car-jacking victim running over some gangbanger in his haste to escape - etc. But these must also be absolutely clear.
Think about it - if your house has termites, you call the exterminator, if you have a pimple, you squeeze it, if your dog has fleas, you bathe it in flea and tick shampoo. PARASITES ARE EXTERMINATED.
This approach may not be a deterent, as it's detractors claim, but it sure as hell would cut down on repeat offenders and free up some prison space for the people who should be there but are released for overcrowding.
Oh yeah...the judges who turn these animals loose into society despite the many previous offenses should be held equally culpable for the crimes these people go on to commit. I would be happy to pull the switch myself.

thank you for allowing me to vent !
PMEmail Poster               
st andrews cross 
Posted on 05-Nov-2008, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Florida

male

and I didn't even mention shooting Sarah Palin from a helicopter !
PMEmail Poster               
celticlord 
Posted on 04-Feb-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Los Lunas, NM

male

I do believe in Capital Punichment. To many are getting away with "Murder"
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
englishmix 
Posted on 04-Feb-2009, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Yes indeed for some heinious crimes. There are some things so unspeakable and irrepariable in this world - when a soul has bent itself that much - that we need to commend them to God's judgment and eternal keeping.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]