Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Snoogans...what else could I say...user posted image
*nodding in agreement*

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,314 Gold!

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 16-Oct-2004, 02:01 PM)

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif Couldn't have said any better, Duncan. I have said it before, the European listeners deserve the same as we get here in the states.

Continue your quest Duncan!!!!

I'm confused, we have requests enabled most of the 24 hours and we have changed our night time broadcast to regular Celtic music. Are you still hearing sleepy music during 5 am to 11:00 am in the UK?

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

I'm in the US, obviously...but I'm up most of the night with CR. Yeah, a *lot* of sleepy music is still in there. I try to pick up the pace with requests, but...
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I listen to CR all night at work, and it seems fine to me. There's no more sleepy stuff on it during the night. At least no more than makes it on there during the day. Great improvement! Of course, I'd love to see the request limit upped during the night hours. That way, us night owls can take advantage of the lack of listeners on during the night. wink.gif tongue.gif Just a thought... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,314 Gold!

QUOTE (Irish Stepper @ 16-Oct-2004, 07:52 PM)
I listen to CR all night at work, and it seems fine to me. There's no more sleepy stuff on it during the night. At least no more than makes it on there during the day. Great improvement! Of course, I'd love to see the request limit upped during the night hours. That way, us night owls can take advantage of the lack of listeners on during the night. wink.gif tongue.gif Just a thought... rolleyes.gif

Your wish is our command. The request queue has been lowered to 30 minutes.

Well, thanks to Irishstepper - she started a thread in the Celtic Radio Founders forum that brought up a good point on requests.

Because we keep atleast 6 songs in the queue to play, requests where actually taking upwards of 90 minutes. So, requests will be delayed 30 minutes and then go into the bottom of the queue (as usually) so that the total delay in 60 minutes as we are required by DMCA regulations.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Actually, CeltWolf started that trouble....not me! wink.gif tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

I still say we should take the DCMA regulations and introduce them to a shredder. That way we wouldn't have to jump through so many hoops. laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Meryat 
Posted: 19-Oct-2004, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

Is there any way to indicate on the requests page when requests will next be disabled and enabled?

I listen a lot between classes and meetings, so I frequently have a limited time that I'm going to be around, and I'm always disappointed when I have to leave knowing that the song I wanted to hear won't play until I can't listen.

For example, I just requested a song somewhere around 5:15, thinking I'd be able to hear it by 8:15, but I forgot about the featured artist section at 6 (though I really can't complain about a whole hour of Heather Dale walkman.gif ) and bagpipe hour at 7.
PMEmail Poster               
Meryat 
Posted: 19-Oct-2004, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

Would it be possible to partially enable requests during some of the scheduled programs, such as allowing requests for bagpipe songs through during bagpipe hour and similarly for jigs and reels?
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]