seadreamer 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

male

Greetings Everyone,

Great news from Apple Macintosh eh? A user friendly computer that is cheap and isn't plagued by the viruses of Microsnot. I love my Apple. It has never been to the computer hospital for anything and now they are making them so that people can more easily afford them. Are u thinking about a Mac. Don't hesitate. You will within a month wonder why you had never switched.

Want to know more about iPod and the new mini iMac? Go here:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]

Do you think you would like a Scottish computer? Do you like all things Celtic? Buy a Mac and Never look Back.

Seadreamer

--------------------
I will give you an example which I have often puzzled over. The spider dances her web without knowing there are flies who will get caught in it. The fly, dancing nonchalantly on a sunbeam, gets caught without knowing what lies in store. But through both of them "It" dances and inside and outside are united in this dance. So too, the Archer hits the target without having aimed - more I cannot say.

Zen in the Art of Archery
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I was browsing the site earlier for other reasons, and saw nothing decidedly celtic about anything there. Not sure the link you're seeing. However I did see the little mini G4 box for $600 and thought it might be a good way to experiment with the Mac platform like I've been wanting to do. A new video card for my PC is much higher on the list though.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
seadreamer 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Aaediwen,

I simply meant MacIntosh - from the Gaelic "mac an toisch" or "son of the leader". In some ways when Apple named their computer they knew that fundamentally it was a leading operating system. It is.

Nobody who has ever used a Macintosh computer system ever had to think about going out and buying a new "video card."

Computer sales people everywhere will tell you, "do not buy a MacIntosh. You can't get the programs for them". Do not listen to them. As Will Shakespeare would have said, "Their ignorance is bliss. T'is folly to be wise".

Go get a Mac and trust me, you will never look back.

All the best,

Seadreamer
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

well, I see where you're comming from on the title of the thread now. Statements as you make though, are the kind to send me seriously thinking twice. I'll probably get one to fiddle with and see for myself at some point. I've played with a couple at work, but it's hard to get much of an idea when the nearest machine is a couple bays away and has a malfunctioning, stubborn mouse. And I will say that when I went from Windows to Linux, I've not had much of an issue with stability since (except for one where I had a machine with really bad hardware)

And I must inquire, if noone with a Mac ever upgrades a video card then why do manufacturers bother selling cards that include the level of Mac compatability they do?

People are going to upgrade the machine, just as they do a PC, and these same issues will arise. I'd really be surprised if NVidia and ATI don't end up selling quite a few cards to Mac users upgrading their machine. I bet for the same reasons too...

On a seperate note, this thread does belong in the tech special interest forum, so I'll move it there.
Avonlea22 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

I worked on Macs for years, and despise them. Just my opinion, though.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
susieq76 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

My brother got an I-Mac a few years ago, and it couldn't even play the game that was included in the system. It has been in and out of shops and the Macintosh place, and no one can fix it. I haven't ever liked them either. My brother gave up on it and let me use it for 6 months. It was awful - very difficult to navigate and all that, for someone who had grown up on Microsoft. I agree with Avonlea, but it is also my opinion only. My dad swears by them!

Wouldn't it be cool if they did have a Celtic computer! Could you get it in tartan, I wonder? Or a celtic knotwork design, maybe? LOL!!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Maybe if I ever decided to do a case mod, that's what I should do. Get a knot cut in the side panel of the case and put some green light around it. Paint the rest with knotwork, Brighid's crosses, the various flags, etc....

Case modding has always ended at the pipe dream stage for me though. Never convinced myself it was worth the price, specially since I don't know anyone right off who can cut designs in sheet metal. Also, I've not quite narrowed down exactly what I'd want it to look like.
susieq76 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

In the meantime, you could always find some sheets of plaid shelf paper or something, cut it to shape, and attach it to the computer!!! ROFLMAO! That would be great, man.
PMMy Photo Album               
seadreamer 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

What Avonlea????? You worked on Macs for years and despise them. I find it almost impossible to imagine that you have worked on Macs for years and despise them. To me, that seems almost incomprehensible - that you find those beige monsters using any buggy Windows operating system preferable to the almost rock solid, lickable, graphical interface of the Mac OS X comes close to, well, almost scaring me. Are Macs, even on the face of them ?????? - aesthetically more pleasing - never mind the operating system - you have to give a resounding yes.

In response to Aaidiwens's comments the difference is because of the ways the OS's work there is not the need to constantly upgrade hardware every time a new piece of software comes out. Because Mac's are not and never will be gaming machines, they are the workhorse of people who actually want to do some work, there will not be the need for ridiculous amounts of graphics RAM. To do digital imaging or even digital video graphics RAM is not the issue, it is system RAM and CPU capability, running a RISC processor with enough RAM and a stable operating system that does not need vast quantities of its RAM and Processor time devoted to virus scanning, and running all that spy ware, will give you far greater performance than you will ever get from $2000 windoze machine. Mac owners upgrade their machines, but I only do it about once every 5 years.

Go here to find out why you should switch to a Celtic Computer. As groundskeeper Willie might have said "If it ain't scottish it's craaaaaap."

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

I had a whole long post here going over pros and cons of the various platforms, but it sounds juvenile to go into a whole blind list of reasons one system is better than another. I advocate Linux, and could go down a whole list of reasons I think it's better than anything else on the planet. Several of them mirror what has been said here, and others go into areas that normally aren't covered.

In the interest of keeping flamethrowers safely locked away I'll not go further down this road for now. Different systems all have their plusses and minuses. The Windows vs. Mac discussion has been raging ever since before I learned of it in 1992, and rarely leads to truely objective comparisons. If what you do falls within where the Mac shines, if it's what you're happy with, fine smile.gif
If a Wintel box suits you better, I feel sorry for you myself, but that's fine too. If Linux is your cup of tea, great, welcome to the party, just don't bash non linux-users. If you like something else, that's cool too, and could you tell me more about what you use wink.gif
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Even though I now have an OS that I still refer to as the Evil Empire (the computer was given to me and I've never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth), I will always be a Mac user at heart.

Seadreamer, here's a little something for you...

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
seadreamer 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Aaidewen,

Of course. You are quite right. Please forgive my sometimes unbridled Mac fanaticism.

All the best,

Seadreamer
PMEmail Poster               
seadreamer 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Mike,

Thanks for the great wallpaper. I will of course send to all my Windoze buddies, just for fun.

Seadreamer
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]