Posted: 15-Jul-2004, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Viewing the pics I only can think of one word: B E A U T I F U L !!! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 15-Jul-2004, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Funny, when I look at them, all I can think is, 'Oh, I can't wait to retake that picture, and do it RIGHT.' laugh.gif

Thanks though, even though I can only take credit for the first one. smile.gif Stay tuned, because these images just don't do New Scotland waters justice.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 15-Jul-2004, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 15-Jul-2004, 02:54 PM)
Viewing the pics I only can think of one word: B E A U T I F U L !!! smile.gif

Found a better one: M A G I C A L !!!
Skyclad Awen 
Posted: 16-Jul-2004, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks OldRaven,
Now I have a tear in me Keith's lol

Love, Awen
PMEmail Poster               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 16-Jul-2004, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

Very nice. I have to agree with gaberlunzie: BEAUTIFUL or MAGICAL

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 22-Jul-2004, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

I had the good fortune of visiting NS last summer. Alas, it was only 1 day because it was a stop on a cruise. Did get to walk around Halifax and slog our way up the hill to the Citadel. Quite a place. Then we went on a tour bus to Peggy's Cove. It was a beautiful clear day, which I understand is rare there. The rocks there are amazing. Maria and I want to go back there some day when we have time to spend.

I did not, regretably, have a chance to visit Alexander Keith's, but we did walk past it.

Being a pipe band drummer, I think NS would probably be a cool place to live because there is a very active pipe band community there.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Skyclad Awen 
Posted: 22-Jul-2004, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Ah Peggy's Cove. One of my fav places to hang in summer. One day I will relate the tale of the day I met several Greek sailors all in dress whites there lol wink.gif angel_not.gif

Love, Awen
PMEmail Poster               
[email protected] 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: Vancouver

male

QUOTE (Skyclad Awen @ 22-Jul-2004, 08:04 PM)
Ah Peggy's Cove. One of my fav places to hang in summer. One day I will relate the tale of the day I met several Greek sailors all in dress whites there lol wink.gif  angel_not.gif

Love, Awen

Here in B.C. we love Nova Scotia.
My wife's name is Peggy and she has a Peggy's Cove shirt.
Then there's the music. I'll stop there because I could go on and on ...
Alexander Keith's Beer is the sponsor for our monthly Kilts Night in Vancouver. Fine beer! The success of our Kilts Night has spawned Kilts Nights all over the world. From Sweden to Australia, there are Kilts Nights sprouting up because they've heard how much fun we have at our Kilts Night.
Finally, I think the Nova Scotia tartan is one of the most beautiful tartans in the world. (Cape Breton is right up there, too!)

--------------------
Kilts are garments, not costumes!
oldraven 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Wow. That's a pretty powerful opinion. laugh.gif BC is one of the provinces I'd most like to explore. So much untouched mountainous wilderness. It's a toss up between BC and Newfoundland. I'd like to see the Pacific though, at least once before I move home. So we'll probably head west before we see Nfld.

Ah, I was tossing around the idea of using the NS tartan on our kilts for the wedding, but since the MacLean tartan is red, I decided to go with the Royal Stewart. (MacLean is my mum's family) That Kilt Nights idea sounds pretty cool. Sounds like a good time. smile.gif

Peggy's cove is an experience. There's this really nice little restaraunt called the Gingerbread House, about ten minutes to Halifax, from the Cove. It looks like an actual gingerbread house, and all the interior as well. If you go, take the booth upstairs in the window gable. There are card games, and crib boards on every table for the wait. Solid slabs of wood make the tables and benches. So nice. Ange swears there is no better place to get corn chowder. I don't like corn chowder, so I wouldn't know. wink.gif The waitress told us about a tourist who once asked her if they put the rocks away in the winter. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
[email protected] 
Posted: 24-Jul-2004, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: Vancouver

male

oldraven,
If you make it out this way, try to be here for the first Saturday of any month. That's Kilts Night.
If you can do it in September, you'll get a night you'll never forget! This is going to be the biggest Kilts Night we've ever had, with lots of guys coming up from The States and all over B.C.
We always have kilts Night in The Atlantic Trap and Gill, a Maritime pub where they fly in the lobster and the band is always great!
oldraven 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Ah, yes. The Trap & Gill. The only maritimer pub in Edmonton. I go there as often as I can. By that I mean, on the rare occasion that we go out, I try to convince everyone that we should go there. laugh.gif I've actually converted quite a few flatlanders to the Trap already. I actually got myself a Halifax King donair there last night. drool.gif And the unheard of out here, garlic fingers.
PMEmail Poster               
oshen 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 03:12 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Ontario

female

My favorite thing, (well, one of them) about NS is Cows Dairy! I actually grew up in New Brunswick (please don't shoot!), and we would go over to NS almost every week-end for ice cream. There is (was?) this really cool souviner place that had a bunch of stores all joined by this old wooden boardwalk. If I ever figure out how to do it, I have a bunch of pictures of the place I'll put up on the site. And now I'm completely home-sick, so I'm going to stop talking crybaby.gif tongue.gif .
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 19-Nov-2004, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Actually, I think COWS is a PEI company, but yes, we've got them all over the place. You're talking about the Halifax waterfront, down on Privateer's Warf, right? It's got the plaster cow out front and more merchandise than a guy can handle. laugh.gif

And for all the rivalry between New Brunswick and New Scotland, I can't understand any of it. That goes the same for Cape Breton/Mainland. I think it lies in the age old Franco/Anglo conflict that never did go away completely. For what it's worth, NB has some of the most beautiful river valleys I've ever seen. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Colin 
Posted: 19-Nov-2004, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 26-Jul-2004, 08:39 AM)
Ah, yes. The Trap & Gill. The only maritimer pub in Edmonton. I go there as often as I can. By that I mean, on the rare occasion that we go out, I try to convince everyone that we should go there. laugh.gif I've actually converted quite a few flatlanders to the Trap already. I actually got myself a Halifax King donair there last night. drool.gif And the unheard of out here, garlic fingers.

We hold a Men in Kilts night the first saturday of every month at the Trap and Gill in Vancouver www.kiltsnight.com The King Donair and garlic fingers are often all over the tables, as are the Scoff (regular and seafood). A fine place the trap is.

You can see some pictures of the Vancouver Kilts Nights on Bear's site http://bearkilts.com/KiltsNight/kiltsnightpg.html

--------------------
Happily Celtic, Proudly Canadian
LUCEO NON URO
PMEmail Poster               
dbull 
  Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7]I am a Christian and a Yankee first but by heart I'll always be a true Nova Scotian! I love Alexander Keiths! I own the book about his life and times. I try to fish lobster every summer helping my cousin pull his traps and getting a great feed of lobster as pay. My wife loves it there as well. My fathers side of the family in Nova Scotia goes back >220 years. Ship building and sea captians run big in that leg of the family. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]