> Wicked Tinkers, Highlander Radio Featured Artist
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Aug-2007, 02:00 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all. I had the great opportunity of seeing the Wicked Tinkers...my absolute favorite band...in July 2007. they were so gracious and kind as usual and even played for me in one of their sets my favorite song..."Green Hills of Tyrol." I was moved to tears that these guys would do this for me. Aaron knows this is one of my most favorite songs on the planet and the fact that he told me he would include it in their set at a certain time meant so much to me.

It wasn't the best of weather in Flagstaff on Saturday. It rained buckets on that day, but I managed to get to their 5 pm show. I don't feel that my photos are that great, but did the best I could given lighting, etc.

I was extremely sad that I could not see them before and/or the following day...Sunday. As many of you know, I participate in a "living history" group and we had much going on that weekend to prevent me from seeing the WTs as much as I wanted...boo hoo.

Here are a few photos I took. Nothing special, but glad to have them all the same. Better than nothing, eh?

http://picasaweb.google.com/rosemary.deser...key=Pt61GoSaxN8

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 09-Aug-2007, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Would really love to see them someday.
Thanks for the photos CelticRose. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
TandVh 
Posted: 09-Aug-2007, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

Looks like a fun act- I'd like to see them live.

--------------------
TandVh
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Aug-2007, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Celtic Rose,
What wonderful pictures.. Everyone is looking wonderful! That was so nice of Aaron do play that song for you. I am so sorry to hear that it rained so much. It all looks like it turned out ok. Their music is so much fun. I just love it. Thanks again for posting their picture, lucky woman you wink.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Donajhi 
Posted: 10-Aug-2007, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Great shots, Celtic Rose, thanks for sharing.

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Aug-2007, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey! Thanks all! Glad you enjoyed the photos! They are working on their newest CD...to come out...not sure when. But I sure will let you all know as soon as I know!

Rindy, it meant so much to me that the WT's would play my most favorite song for me..."Green Hills of Tyrol." Aaron knew it was my favorite song and asked me when I could be at their performance and I told him a certain time and those guys did it! I was so moved. I so wish I could have gotten better photos, but given the weather (good excuse, eh?) I was not able to move around as freely as I have been able to do so in past years. But hey! I got to see them live! I only get to do this once a year and any of you who have only heard their music and like it....you HAVE to see them live to fully appreciate them! to get a peek at their tour schedule look at below.

http://www.wickedtinkers.com

DJ, didn't you think they were great?! We need to get these guys at more events in AZ!

I bought a new T-shirt that had "Wallop the Cat" on it. Y'all would have to listen to their music and attend their live performances to fully understand......which I so hope you all get to do!
Donajhi 
Posted: 13-Aug-2007, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

I do agree with you they are great. The reason being that they interact with the crowd. They are down to earth and do not set themselves above everyone.
I was surprised to see them work their own stand at the gathering and engage all in conversation. They do not play the, 'I am better than you because we are stars".
And as you said, "Wallop The Cat" is something you have to experience. It can not be explained.

If you have any ideas how to get them to preform more in AZ let me know. I am onboard and will help however I can.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Aug-2007, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Yeah, they work their own stand every year. They are always so accessible to their fans. I just wonder what it is like up in the Pacific NW for them where they are REALLY popular. I bet one can't even get near their booth! I hope to experience that one day too as I love the Pacific NW and they play up there a lot!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Word up on the Wicked Tinkers. Their new CD is "84-1/2" finished! LOL Which means they hope to have it done now by the end of the year. I also heard they are selling Wicked Tinker jewelry at their booth now! What?! ohmy.gif I looked on their website for any, but not on there. But I hear they have necklaces of Wallop the Cat, or bagpipes and another a friend couldn't remember. But the pendants all say underneath "Wicked Tinkers." Will keep you posted on both as I learn, unless someone sees or hears before! smile.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Dec-2007, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Latest updates on Wicked Tinkers. Two messages from Warren:

"Hey Tinker Belles, Tinker Toys, Tinker Heads and the rest-

Just to let you know that I have uploaded Aaron Shaw's wonderful CD - A PIPER'S CHRISTMAS to the Wicked Store on the web page. Just follow this link to the Wicked Store: http://storewickedti.simplicityhosting.com...tegory_Code=ASP

Have a great Holiday, Warren"

"Hey Wicked Ones,

I have now opened Snocap store on both the Wicked Tinkers home page http://www.wickedtinkers.com/ and Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/wickedtinkersmusic with Aaron Shaw's wonderful Christmas CD, "A Piper's Christmas". You can listen to all the tracks and only download the ones you want.

More online download stores are coming - stay tuned.

Happy Holiday, Warren"

Not to mention that their new CD, "Rant" is due to come out in January! Yay!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps give you WT fans a fix for now.

In the meantime, I have great news for those of you in Arizona! Wicked Tinkers will be performing in Phoenix at the Highland Games February 23-24th and then again in Flagstaff, July 26-27. Two performances in AZ! Can you believe that????!!!!!

will keep you updated on my most favorite band as I learn more! smile.gif

Rindy 
Posted: 24-Dec-2007, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for posting this Celtic Rose. I bet the X-mas album is good. I'll have to go check it out.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Jan-2008, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Rindy,

I still haven't had a chance to get either the new CAD CD or the Wicked Tinker's Christmas CD. Since the Wicked Tinkers will be performing at the Arizona Highland Games in Phoenix (first time in years) the end of February, I will probably just wait and get both the Christmas CD and their brand new CD called Rant at the same time.

For those of you who do not get the Wicked Tinker's email, here is the latest in regards to their new CD, posted by Warren Casey.

"RANT(our sixth CD) is almost done. The recording, mixing and mastering of the music is finished and I'm just completing the graphics. We should have the CD available sometime mid-February. You can check out a few tunes on our Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/wickedtinkersmusic ."

Rindy 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hey there Celtic Rose,

Your one lucky gal that gets to see the Wicked Tinkers again. I am looking forward to the new cd Rant. I bet the Christmas CD is fantastic. I hope you will keep us posted on how things are going. Again, thanks for posting this "I love the new song The Hog!"

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-Jan-2008, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh believe me! I will be keeping you all posted! wink.gif I, too, love the song, The Hog! But I also love The Curmudgeon. Really suits me well and it is such a great piper piece. But "Bog" will always be my absolute favorite Wicked Tinker song as as a whole.

I hope to buy both of their new CDs when I see them next month. Will keep you all posted on everything! biggrin.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Feb-2008, 01:08 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Celtic Rose, did I hear the WTinkers are playing on Craig Fergusons show the 4th? I just caught the tail end of it somewhere and now I can't find it. I thought you'd be the best one to ask>>> so are they? lol

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]