Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi all,

I'm not sure if there are a lot of Eragon fans here, but FYI - the final book in the trilogy will be released on September 20, and from pre-shipment pricing, it's going anywhere from $15.00 to a little over $29.00, less shipping costs. If you go to eBay, you can get the book for around $23.00 with 2-day delivery - Amazon has a price that's just about the same because they charge less for shipping.

Here's a summary from the publisher of what the book will be like:

"OATHS SWORN . . . loyalties tested . . . forces collide.

Following the colossal battle against the Empire’s warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.

First is Eragon’s oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran’s beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix’s clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength—as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices— choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice.

Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?"

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure that this "once-simple farm boy" will be able to do it all, maybe even win the hand of the elf princess Arya! hug.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 22-Dec-2008, 01:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Well the 3rd book has been released and it turns out that it is no longer a "trilogy". Apparently, Christopher couldn't fit everything he wanted into the final book, so now it's going to be a 4-book series. Well, I'd rather have too much to read, then not enough! biggrin.gif I just hate having to wait for the next "final" book. laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 22-Dec-2008, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

I love Eragon. I wouldn't be too sure that the next book is the final. Seeing that it started out as a trilogy and has become a saga, I think we are in for more to come. It's hard to believe Christoper started Eragon when he was 15 and no he has 3 books and he is only about 25. Talk about one great writer and storyteller. He has his own web site and I get email from Algalsia. www.alagaesia.com
Chis sent a neat Christmas greeting. www.alagaesia.com/holiday2008_video.html
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
jayhenson 
Posted: 23-Dec-2008, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

The author talks about extending the series in a video found here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2F6U9ZVWMK0PQ

peace

Jay
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt