Patriot1776 
Posted: 29-Nov-2009, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

Well, a setting of 3 last Saturday night DID NOT work. I woke up several times over the night to drink some water because of my throat getting very dry. I'm taking the humidifier as high as it will go tonight, even though it will guarantee me having to fully refill it tomorrow.

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 30-Nov-2009, 05:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Night of Nov. 29 was much better. I only had to wake up twice to have a drink of water. Was feeling good enough to go for a brisk walk at 5:30 in the morning after waking up for a third time, taking a drink of water, and checking to see what time it was: 5:15. Laid there in the bed without the mask on for another 15 minutes before getting up, putting on clothes, and doing the morning maintenance to the CPAP, along with removing the humidifier tank and refilling it before going on my walk. It's now 6:15 AM, Nov. 30 as I write this, and I think I've found a humidifier setting that will work.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Dec-2009, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I'm glad your getting the humdity setting figured out. I have yet to see if my sister found one or not. I hope she did.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 13-Dec-2009, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Yeah things are going much, much better since then. Sleeping great and dreaming often. With today's refilling of the humidifier tank, I'm out of store bought distilled water and I'm now making me up a few potfuls of boiled water to put back in the empty distilled jug to use the next few days and see how well boiled water works instead of distilled.

I first tried to prepare the boiled using my coffee percolator with no coffee grounds in it, but the water came out with a very, very weak brown tinge to it from coffee residue getting suspended in it, so that didn't work. Went and got myself a second percolator, different from the normal one, to try the same thing with, and it will be used for CPAP water preparation only if it works.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 15-Dec-2009, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I have a friend who uses tap water in his with no ill effects to date. He has done this for over 5 years. I would not use local water where I live though.I believe he runs white vinegar through the unit occasionally (not when he is using it) to cut the lime/iron build up. Distilled water would have none of the dissolved minerals in it and tap water does. Tap water should be relatively safe in most communities.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]