Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Religion Are You?
Íácób 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 01:18 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Tennessee

male

I'm a Southern Baptist Christian, though I'm not the strongest Christian out there.

--------------------
"None is holy like the LORD, For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our GOD." - 1 Samuel 2:2

¤Íácób¤

"Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day." - Psalsm 25:5
PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 24-Jun-2007, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

I've been developing my feelings about being a Christian for about six years now. I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ 6 yrs ago after years of trying to understand Buddhism, Tao, the concept of godhood within us all. There were no clanging bells, no astral lights or feelings of enlightenment or anything such as that when I gave my heart to Jesus. I was just as in love with creation and amazed by God's wonder after accepting the lord into my heart as I was before!
Hmmm- I said to myself- I truly and honestly invited Jesus to be my personal saviour and decided to embrace all of the trappings and biblical principles involved with that decision by attending church every sunday and tithing and praying diligently and looking for insight into god's plan for me through prayer and communion with Jesus.
Well, after a few years of this, I thought- nothing is different for me know. Sure, I got the benefit of our God in heaven's inspired word as set forth in scripture, and a lot of it was quite inspiring to me, but, I get the feeling there's something missing- something not included in the Sunday sermon that is the actual and absolute truth.
The gnostic texts of the bible started jumping out at me and upon firthur reading, it turns out that what we get in Sunday service is only what the church decreed back in 636 when Contstantine convened the Council of Lodecea to decide what to include in accepted scripture and what didn't really benefit the church as an institution and so should be left out.

There's more to it than that, but , in a nutshell, the Catholic Church embraced certain scripture and discarded lots of other inspired books just to suit it's needs as a powerful institution.

So, I find myself thinking of myself as a Wholeistic Christian. Someone in search of absoute truth. Not just accepted dogma.

I accept Christ's divinity as God's Son. We needed him to reveal truth to us so we could proceed to evolve into what God created us to be- but, what we get in church is not the whole story.

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Tengîl 
Posted: 03-Sep-2007, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

male

My father is christian, but he lives his faith in nature. My mother is a catholic, but she prays only for mary. She teached me the storys about the great goddess.

For myself, i adopted some parts of my father and some of my mother. To find my way in the church, i visited may different churches, graveyards and a spent a time in a monastery living with the monks (Capuchin). finally i left the established regional church.

Some call me a pagan, some call me a asatru. Perhaps it's because i adore mother nature and some views about life. personally i don't care ... i can do it my way rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
cylassie 
  Posted: 03-Sep-2007, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Arkansas - Near Ozark Mts.

female

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

I think I read that quote somewhere on this site once. I really like it!

My journey has been a long dark one but I have settled in the church of my ancestors, Scottish Presbyterianism. My church actually was started by immigrants that came to America the same time my clan did and shares the same beliefs.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 02-Oct-2007, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
198,826 Gold!

Southern Baptist, led by the Holy Spirit.

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
coastman 
Posted: 23-Oct-2007, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

I read the King James Version of the Bible every night and I pray many many times a day. My family came to America from Ulster Ireland in 1732 which says that I am Protestant. I am a Southern Bapatist that believes the Lord Jesus died on the cross at Calvary for my sins and rose the third day. Do I fall short of God's Glory? Yes! Do I sin? Yes! Do I struggle in life? Yes! I have HOPE. I have a Redeemer that loves me requardless of my short comings.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 07-Nov-2007, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

TandVH-if you like reading the early stuff check out the early church fathers like Polycarp.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 08-Nov-2007, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 08-Nov-2007, 12:15 AM)
TandVH-if you like reading the early stuff check out the early church fathers like Polycarp.

I will do so at the earliest chance I get. I just finished the book of enoch- seems pretty educational in comparison to King James.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
lawrence50 
Posted: 10-Mar-2008, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacOak

male

I am a Roman Catholic but do not agree with all of their views.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 19-Apr-2008, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I am Catholic (my mothers side of the family.) My father was Presbyterian (from Scot Jacobite ancestry.) As I got older, I joked that I was the product of a mixed marriage. I guess this upbringing has made me tolerant of most religions. Then, maybe it is just old age. I belive religions that promote peace and co-operation will be accepted in the after life. Though some Catholic practices I can not justify, I do not intend to change.

Slàinte,    

Patch

P.S. No spell check errors! It's GREAT when that happens!
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 27-Apr-2008, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Pantheist. (God and the Universe are one in the same). I was born and raised a Catholic but walked away from that and all organized religions 48 years ago at 17.

Camac

scotborn 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacRowan

male

I am an atheist, I was never baptized or christened, and I have only been to church 3 times. When I was forced to go as a child by my school.

I find all religions equally repulsive, especially islam and pentacostal, evangelism (disney christianity) christianity.

--------------------
"You cannot be both sane and well educated and disbelieve in evolution. The evidence is so strong that any sane, educated person has got to believe in evolution."
-- Richard Dawkins,

"What the f*ck was that" - Mayor of hiroshima 1945
PMEmail Poster               
norwood1026 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

male

I was a Christian when I was younger but the more I learned about Christianty the more I didn't care for it. I've been calling myself a Pagan for the past 10 years, the last 6 months I have been studying Druidism. I love it but because those before me have been wiped out & typical they praticed oral tradations, so nothing was written down. So most of what you read about Druidism is based on reconstruction. My wife I a Witch not Wiccan I think anyone who calles themselves a Pagan knows the difference.

--------------------
I worship the old Gods because my heart tells me too, not because I am told too.
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 06-May-2008, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

Non-Denominational Christian. I believe God created scientific laws and that God rules over nature. I also believe the beauty of nature is Gods painting for us to love.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 06-May-2008, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Pantheist. "The Universe is God and God is the Universe".

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]